PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Shadowy Sorcerers

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-03-01, 08:03 PM
I'm planning on joining an upcoming PBP of Pathfinder's popular Adventure Path, Council of Thieves. Shadows play an important part in that campaign, so I was thinking of playing a sorcerer with the Shadow bloodline from the APG to take advantage of the thematic hook. I'm not entirely sure how to optimize sorcerers at all though, much less the Shadow Bloodline.

I know the idea behind the Shadow Bloodline focuses on utilizing darkness spells and stealth, but little else.

What would be the most appropriate build for such a character? What spells and feats should I aim for? Here are the stats I've rolled:

I'm guessing the 16 should go into Charisma with a racial modifier to make it 18, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :smallsmile:

Paul H
2011-03-09, 12:00 PM
Hi

I'd agree with swapping out the stats to get Cha 16, but what race you considering? (I'd also think about increasing your dex).

Half-Orc grants you Darkvision - so you'll never need a light source. Choose your +2 stat.
Gnome increases DC of your Illusions (which most shadow spells are), and grants a bonus to Cha & Con. (Plus a size mod to Stealth).

There's a nice Shadow Campaign Trait - the other Trait depends on your Race.

For Half Orc - take Heirloom Weapon, or Magic is Life.* Orcs are proficient with Gt Axes, so buy a basic Gt Axe, this Trait replaces it with a Masterwork version, and you gain a +1 Trait bonus to hit with that weapon (only).
[Effectively your grandad's weapon you practiced with as a child]

For Gnomes - take any Magic or Social Trait, though "Magic is Life" (Religion, Nethys)* is very useful if you have a long lasting spell up.

Spells:
0) Acid Splash, Detect magic, Read Magic, Light (use on someone else)
1) Mage Armour & Color Spray (You get Ray of Enfeeblement at 3rd lvl, and Vanish is better at higher level. (Invis that lasts 1 rnd/lvl, max 5 rnds).

Feats: Spell Focus Illusion

*You auto stabilise any time you go below 0 HP if you are under affect of ANY spell. (Unless you're dead at minus con). Nethys is God of Magic.

Cheers
Paul H

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-03-09, 05:04 PM
I was thinking human. Also, Heirloom Weapon is banned.