PDA

View Full Version : Items which grant power points

Matamane
2011-03-01, 09:57 PM
I need a way to give my char power points with as little investment as possible, so I am thinking an item. Any ideas?

mootoall
2011-03-01, 10:01 PM
Idk, what's the DMG say about item crafting again? If you can use the same formulas from there, an at-will item of bestow power would be fairly cheap for unlimited refills per day. Mind, it's really cheesy, and any DM worth his weight wouldn't allow it.

Urpriest
2011-03-01, 10:34 PM
The standard answer is to look at the Manifester magical property for weapons (+1 equivalent I believe), then realize that ammunition costs the same for a stack of fifty that normal weapons cost for one. The rest, to use the vernacular:

4. ???
5. Profit!

Fishy
2011-03-01, 10:41 PM
The Psychic Generator component from Magic of Eberron means that Warforged can just buy psionics.

And so can you, if you can pass a DC20 Use Magic Device check.

senrath
2011-03-01, 10:44 PM
Cognizance Crystals work too, though you have to spend your own PP to recharge them later.

Ionizer
2011-03-02, 03:39 AM
Idk, what's the DMG say about item crafting again? If you can use the same formulas from there, an at-will item of bestow power would be fairly cheap for unlimited refills per day. Mind, it's really cheesy, and any DM worth his weight wouldn't allow it.

Also, illegal by RAW:

Bestow Power
Telepathy [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Psion/wilder 2
Display: Mental
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 20 ft.
Target: One psionic creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 3

You link your mind with another psionic creature’s mind, creating a brief conduit through which mental energy can be shared. When you manifest this power, the subject gains up to 2 power points. You can transfer only as many power points to a subject as it has manifester levels.

Because of the intimate nature of this power, it cannot be fabricated into a psionic item—only power points generated by a psionic creature in the moment can be shared using bestow power.

Augment

For every 3 additional power points you spend, the subject gains 2 additional power points.

Emphasis mine.

Aharon
2011-03-02, 04:53 AM
There are also the Kalashtar power shards, which can be implanted into any race via Use Psionic Device. Aids Manifester Level, too.

Darrin
2011-03-02, 06:25 AM
Power Points don't grow on trees, y'know... Oh, wait... Yes, they do grow on trees. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10391903&postcount=21)