PDA

View Full Version : Vague Shadowy Figure(s) and Writers Block

ExtravagantEvil
2011-03-01, 10:49 PM
Hello my fellow Playgrounders, I've got a case of writers block going on and could use some help.
In a campaign I'm trying to start up (RL), one of the characters has a really DM helpful portion of their back story, a personal plot point and one of their drives as a character.

Basically, the situation goes like this.
The character (Female Elven Druid 1, CN), is with her romantic interest (LN Half Elf, Druid 1) , and sees him kidnapped, taken away, by a Shadowy Figure. So, devastated she left her elven home land, and the druids grove that she and him were apart of, to search for her love, and figure out what happened.

:smallbiggrin: I love it.
Only problem here is, it is so vague, I'm not sure how to use it too it's full value, there's just so many possibilities, I can't think of anything :smallfrown:.

There are some characteristics I came up with that suit the wording, and some ideas that got cooked up for plot and villainous goodness.
1. Shadowy Figure is, or can transform into, a humanoid, in fluff, not the exact subtype required. Figure implies humanoid to me at some level. So no shadow hounds, needs to have basic human anatomy really, but is flexible.

2. Whatever the dark being in question is associated with, corrupts said Boyfriend, to NE. I really do like the thought of the encounter :smallamused:.

3. I see the shadowy figure as a servant more so than a villainous mastermind, but this can be Easily changed.

So, I ask the playground, what ideas can the mighty playground produce to assist me here, when my mind is lost to the seas of possibility, with the ideas above incorporated, into a resonably good plot and villainous explaination.
There is no particular campaign setting used by the way :).
The sky's the limit here, and thank you for the assistance

---ExtravagantEvil :smallamused: