PDA

View Full Version : Steadfast Boots Question [3.5]

Allanimal
2011-03-02, 04:10 PM
The recent thread about defeating an optimized charger brought my attention to the worthiness of Steadfast Boots. (my DM likes to charge) so I got to searching, because the description is not at crystal clear as I would like. Anyway, I found this:

Steadfast Boots let you act as if you had readied an action, but this does not use the actual Ready action. The property of the Boots applies as stated, which means it still works even if you'd just made a full attack and then used all the attacks of opportunity allowed you, and it works against any number of charging opponents. Essentially, Steadfast Boots give you a bonus attack whenever the triggering condition occurs.

So, is this bonus attack considered a standard action?
If so, a duskblade could channel a spell for the attack, which seems quite powerful.

The other question about those boots. They also grant a +4 bonus vs things like bull rush. If a dwarf was wearing those boots, would the bonus stack with the dwarf's stability bonus?

Keld Denar
2011-03-02, 04:31 PM
No. While it may be effectively granting you something that is the equivalent of a standard action, its not actually granting you a standard action. You only get to do what it says on the boiler plate, namedly, ready an attack against a charge. It doesn't let you ready a spell, or ready channelled spell attack, simply ready an attack.

And yes...both the dwarven bonus and the bonus from SF Boots are untyped, and would thusly stack with each other being that they are from different sources.