PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Nimblewrights

Aemoh87
2011-03-02, 04:39 PM
I am posting a couple of threads now because my evil plans are finally coming together but I have a few last questions before I am finished. I am giving each question a dedicated thread because some of them will attract more attention than others and I want to keep it simple.

The 4 questions concern: Optimizing Nimblewrights (and things that optimize constructs in general), Reducing XP costs when creating magic items (I already am using Legendary Artisan and Extract Demonic Essence feats), tips and tricks for safe summoning (I don't want my wizard cohort to die), and finally is there any way for a PC to create custom Demons in game. All the questions need WotC info only except the last.

What are some ways to optimize a small group of Nimblewrights charged as being spies and protecting a master spy? I am on alittle of a budget but I would splurge if it was worth it.

JaronK
2011-03-02, 05:20 PM
Can you enchant the Nimblewrights' hand-rapiers? If so, making them Enfeebling (or worse yet Lifedrinker) would be incredible. If you get to alter their feats, get them Lifesense (Libris Mortis) so that they can see every living creature easily (handy for spying).

But generally, you can't optimize them too much because all their feats are bonus feats and enchanting natural weapons is costly... so what exactly is your DM letting you get away with? And what level are you, and what level is the Wizard?

JaronK

Aemoh87
2011-03-02, 05:25 PM
I have access to anything. I am playing with long time players who are incredibly skilled and I am the sole true baddy in a group of neutrals (One thinks I am LG though) and I am building a crazy forge to fund/fuel my evil uprising.

I have midguard dwarves who can enchant literally anything. I can also reduce XP costs to 37.5%. So money is the only issue.

I am not sure if I can change feats. But I am open to suggestions either way since I can use Chaos swap later or Psionics.

JaronK
2011-03-02, 05:55 PM
If you want to go nuts, making those things into Aptitude weapons and then giving the lil' guys Improved Trip, Lightning Mace, and Roundabout Kick should get the job done. That enchantment means they're treated as being any specific weapon for feats that require a specific weapon... with those feats, every critical threat triggers a new attack. Every confirmed critical triggers a new attack, trips the opponent, and then gives yet another attack (unless they're already on the ground, in which case you only get the one). That's going to create one heck of an attack chain (it won't go infinite, but it'll be pretty big sometimes). Lifedrinker and Enfeebling are the other awesome enchantments to go for. Lifesense really is an amazing feat, too. If you can somehow give them Blood in the Water, get it.

JaronK

Aemoh87
2011-03-02, 05:59 PM
That gives me an idea. Isn't there items that give you maneuvers and stances?

Blood in the Water would be soooooooooooooo sweet :)