PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the XP cost of creating magic Items.

Aemoh87
2011-03-02, 04:40 PM
I am posting a couple of threads now because my evil plans are finally coming together but I have a few last questions before I am finished. I am giving each question a dedicated thread because some of them will attract more attention than others and I want to keep it simple.

The 4 questions concern: Optimizing Nimblewrights (and things that optimize constructs in general), Reducing XP costs when creating magic items (I already am using Legendary Artisan and Extract Demonic Essence feats), tips and tricks for safe summoning (I don't want my wizard cohort to die), and finally is there any way for a PC to create custom Demons in game. All the questions need WotC info only except the last.

Are there any ways other than Legendary Artisan and Extract Demonic Essence to lower the XP cost of creating magic items (Wondrous and Rods in specific)?

Gavinfoxx
2011-03-02, 06:59 PM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7274.0

There ya go!

sonofzeal
2011-03-02, 07:05 PM
XP is a river. Don't worry about it.

I made a dedicated crafter once, and planned to hover about two levels behind the group. Turns out, I could never managed to be more than half a level behind, and occasionally would gain enough xp to leapfrog me ahead of the other PCs.

XP costs are not a concern.

Aemoh87
2011-03-02, 09:14 PM
Wow that Ambrosia trick is HILARIOUS. I love it! I am so glad my character is evil.

classy one
2011-03-03, 09:55 AM
Wow that Ambrosia trick is HILARIOUS. I love it! I am so glad my character is evil.

Why does everyone forget that there are no manifest zones for Dal Quor? Everyone goes gaga over the speeded up time trait but failed to read the part that Dal Quor is almost not part of the cosmology of Eberron? It's on the same page for crying out loud.

Aemoh87
2011-03-03, 11:32 AM
Well there is a fair amount of down time in this campaign so I am going to do it without the plane trick. Just get 50 or so and plug them right into the matrix. Juice them for all they are worth, then sacrifice them for some more exp. Then collect their soul to use as XP as well.