PDA

View Full Version : how to find a dnd group

Origomar
2011-03-02, 08:41 PM
whats the easiest way to find other people who are interested in playing dnd or any pen and pencil role playing game rather?

i only have like 1 friend thats interested and weve played a few single player campaigns but they get a little old after a while and im not sure we are following the rules very well lol.(ridiculous point buys cause we have very little material lol)

holywhippet
2011-03-02, 08:44 PM
I just used google when I wanted to start playing RPGs. I entered the name of the city I was in followed by roleplaying games. The first result was a site for RPG games specifically for the city I was in.

Gnaeus
2011-03-02, 08:58 PM
Find a local LARP. I recommend the Camarilla (nationwide, lots of chapters, easy to find) but any big larp will do. Play 2-3 games. If you like it, great! If not, you just met 10-30 people most of whom will at least be interested in tabletop games. SCA also works.

Alternately, find the nearest gaming/sci-fi convention. Go. Game. Find people from your area who play the same games you do.

houlio
2011-03-02, 09:09 PM
Local game stores usually have people who play there, or at least you can find people to play there. Also, if you lack for DnD rules, there's always the srd (http://www.d20srd.org/)