PDA

View Full Version : Your best campaign idea?

danzibr
2011-03-02, 10:00 PM
So I've DMed more than playing and I like to think I have a decent couple ideas, but I want to see what everyone else has produced.

I read someone once who made several low level Kobolds and they had to escape the Underdark (while somehow handling beholders, Illithid, Drow, et cetera). I suppose a lot of them died.

And while this isn't a setting idea, the next time I DM I was thinking of having the characters be strong, in the following precise sense:

60 point buy
feat every even level
stat point every odd level (save 1)
LA/2 round down

dsmiles
2011-03-02, 10:35 PM
And while this isn't a setting idea, the next time I DM I was thinking of having the characters be strong, in the following precise sense:

60 point buy
feat every even level
stat point every odd level (save 1)
LA/2 round down

You want strong? Let them play with this toy. (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=3156&it=1&affiliate_id=35526) Best. Magic. Ever. EVER!!!!!

Ajadea
2011-03-02, 11:07 PM
Apparently, stranding low-level PCs in a situation explicitly called out as being ridiculously overpowered for their level is a good premise. At least to my party in the Wrong Guys. Basically, Fate itself kinda screwed up on this one. Although, the fanatic hypocritical paladins who want to kill one of the party members and the party's general antics (pro tip: if the object is trapped, it might be a good idea to disarm the trap before touching said object, mr. trapfinder) may have had something to do with that.

Currently, the brawler PC is harboring a caster (the druid PC) in his tavern, an illegal act, the paladin PC is about to fall like a ton of bricks off a cliff, knows it, and is in denial about it, the factotum PC is in another part of the city due to magic item shenanigans, and the druid PC is about to start doing acrobatics more suitable to the factotum.

Vknight
2011-03-03, 12:45 AM
Massive world in which there is currently a war going on between 2countries in the west seperated by 2-3weeks of ocean. All the while a slaving ring is using the entire area for eventual control with a mind-control slave army. Said slave army will be enhanced with robotics and other grafts. They are accomplishing this through various mediums. Including abducting and making people believe they are right in doing this.

The PC's are on there second session. So far they have fought various magically enhanced mercenaries a Robotic Green Dragon to name some.

DukeofDellot
2011-03-03, 02:58 AM
Currently working on a homebrew system... possibly the most retarded mashup ever but...

Forgotten Realms with Giant Robots and a healthy dose of Professional Wrestling Antics.

Think Dwarvish Giant Robot jumping off a skyscraper to epic elbow jab a dragon in the neck as a priest summons the might of his god to grow huge and slam a Cyclops across the face with a public school during mass air force strike on the quarantined area of the city the battle takes place over.

Level one adventuring... not quite over the top, but hopefully enjoyable. I'm getting close to the "proof of concept" initial testing.

Sometimes my players complain that they're not powerful enough.

Zaydos
2011-03-03, 03:05 AM
Current: Elves are evil and powerful. You are fighting elves. Slivers invade. Hilarity adventure ensues. Okay the basic idea was loose elves are on the war path due to over population, slivers are appearing. What do you want to do? They went to their home town and defend it from elves. When they lost there they retreated to Asgard, got kicked out by the Aesir, and found themselves in elf territory (one of them failed a test and found himself their unwittingly; he was the only one who had planar travel abilities to control where they went). They are now in the Mad Duke's castle.

Past: You are part of a semi-secret elite order which defends the world from illithids. Lasted 2 years and only ended because everyone moved. I consider that a successful campaign.

Other idea I'm brewing: frozen world, humans never existed, dwarves are the dominant life, with goblin barbarians. Elves are extinct and discovered magic but had bad control of it. Still just an idea that I haven't fleshed out.