PDA

View Full Version : Caratiim, The Sealed World [3.5 Horror]{Advanced Old Kingdom Setting}

Moose Man
2011-03-02, 10:49 PM
The Thousand-Years War is over. Lisam has surrendered.

Each of you have been ordered, by your individual leaders, to go to the negotiations in his/her stead.
Lisam still has the numbers and resources to continue the war, but Lisam has asked for an armistice. This has caused some of the more barbaric countries allied with either side, such as Xhinceriris (fin•CER•eeris)[allied to Lisam] or Tinash(teen•ASH)[allied with Sünder], to withdraw from the negotiations. This has only fueled the fear in Lisam that there will be an attack on the confluence. As such, the exact location of the congregation has been kept secret from all but the emperors, delegates and dignitaries involved. However, the general location of the meetinghouse is known to be in Sfranic, an influential southern lismite city, involved mostly in the imports of voatile raw materials, and the exports of WMD, or Weapons of Mass Destruction(more aptly named WoW, or "Wepwnes of Win.":smallbiggrin:)

Current Mission Objective:
It is currently 0600 hours. You each have been assigned rooms. The meeting starts at 1200 hours, ends at 1400 hours. You each have the liberty to make your own schedule for the day. You want the best possible outcome for your country by profiting from this war, whether by favored diplomatic relations, gaining actual profit, both, or by some other means.

Officials:
Markus Octavian III
Delegate for: Sünder
Mood:Puzzled as to why Lisam did not continue in the war. "They're a very logical people. Must have some reason to end the war now."
Official Position: "The Great War has ended. After fifteen-hundred years, we, up until Monday, were removing each other from the face of this world. Now, as Lisam ends it's involvement in the war, the two faces of this war have nothing more to fight about. This leaves us with an opportunity to rebuild our world, as individuals, as a country, as an international community. Thank You.
Schedule:
{table=head]Time|Event

0001-0400|Sleep

0401-0530|Eat Breakfast, Press Conference

0531-1159|Free

1200-1400|Negotiations

1401-2000|Free

2001-2400|Sleep[/table]

Roarkus Giani
Delegate For: Lisam
Mood: Calm, or seemingly calm. He is held at fault for his country's sudden abstinence from The Thousand-Years War, even though it isn't his fault.
Official Position: N/A, hasn't made a speech yet.
Schedule:
{table=head]Hours|Event

0001-0300|Sleep

0301-0530|Breakfast @ Press Conference.

0531-1159|Free

1200-1400|Negotiations

1401-1559|Free

1600-1730|Dinner with his family

1731-2059|Free

2100-2400|Sleep[/table]

Michelangelo Simoni
Delegate For: Italia
Mood: Optomistic. Italia played a large part in the war (allied with Sünder) because for the first thirty years of the war, they masqueraded as Lisam's allies, while simultaneously dealing with Sünder. This should give us Italians a raise in the budget for nearly a decade.
Official Position: "The years in which we rejoice in our brother's blood being spilt are over. No more will our men suffer from the horrors of the battlefield. No more will our men kill, then come home with their souls stained with blood. No more will our women and children suffer from raids or smell the stench of Free Magic. No more will our factories produce violence. No longer shall we fight. No more. Please, no more.
Schedule:
{table=head]Hours|Event

0001-0659|Sleep

0700-1159|Breakfast,Time with his Family, Walking

1200-1400|Negotiations

1401-1759|Free

1800-1930|Dinner

1931-2159|Free

2200-2400|Sleep[/table]
(OOC:)Delegate for Italia is up. Those are the most important.

THEChanger
2011-03-02, 11:15 PM
Oscam sat in his room, meditating on the Great Charters. Though he had some experience with negotiations, up until this point it had mostly been with smaller nations on the outskirts of civilization, like his own Zantrtmor. This would be his first true test. If Zantrtmor was to flourish, he would have to get both the delegates from Lisam and Sunder to recognize his father's sovreignty over the group of former refugees in his care. "Oh Great Charter, from which my strength flows, guide me this day, to the glory of Zantrtmor."

Oscam Lightbringer

Delegate for: Zantrtmor
Mood:Happy that the war is finally over, but nervous for the coming negotiations.
Official Position:The Charter has guided the rulers of Lisam to the wise conclusion that war is benificial to neither side. It is well that the conflict between these two great nations is over. Now the time has come to turn our attention to those nations which have risen during the war. Zantrtmor has provided sanctuary to citizens of both countries. We simply ask now that both countries recognize that we are, in fact, our own people. We are no longer Lisamites or Sunderians. We are Zantrtmorians, and while we wish to remain on peaceful terms with all present, we also wish to be allowed to grow on our own.
Schedule: Meditate until 1000 hours, have a light breakfast, and take a walk until 1200 hours. After the meeting, retire to rooms, and perhaps arrange for dinner with other delegates of smaller countries. The White Chapel delegate looks like a nice chap.

Moose Man
2011-03-02, 11:39 PM
While meditating, you notice the Charter feels diseased, as if most Charter Stones in the area have been broken, as this was not as noticeable while entering the country, the breaking of the Stones must have been done recently.

vikingofdoom
2011-03-03, 10:51 AM
Entheor practices his weapon forms in his room, seeking to attain his focus in time for the meeting. While he knows he is not a diplomat, he hopes that he can ensure that Rothos maintains its current existence in the world, not being overrun by either of the main countries.

Delegate for: Rothos
Mood: Uneasy over taking a diplomatic position, concerned about the fate of his country.
Official Position: Rothos survived the war intact. That is enough for us, though we will ensure that we continue to survive. The others can jockey for position, but we know what we want and need, and will stick to those goals.
Schedule: Weapon Drill until 800 hours, explore the castle looking for any possible traps during the meeting, practice combat forms untill 1100 hours, have a light lunch, then attend the meeting, after the meeting explore the town until 2000 hours, then have a light supper, and make plans for later.

Moose Man
2011-03-03, 12:39 PM
Search check plz, Entheor. 4 the "Traps"

vikingofdoom
2011-03-03, 01:03 PM
Search Check: [roll0]
Gather Information (about possible ambushes): [roll1]

Moose Man
2011-03-03, 02:28 PM
You don't find anything, but you hear a rumor that Xhinceriris has plans set in motion to interrupt the negotiations. This was given to you by a drunkard, so you are unsure as to the reliability of this information.

THEChanger
2011-03-03, 05:22 PM
This does not bode well. No, this does not bode well at all.. Oscam quickly made his decision. If the Charter Stones truly had been damaged, that meant that someone was planning something. Probably at the meeting, though that was not certain. In any case, Oscam knew the Charter might not be as strong here as in Zantrtmor, where the castle he lived in was a Charter Stone. He would need proof. So, alerting his guards, Oscam set out for the nearest Charter Stone.

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-03, 05:41 PM
Marty sits in his room, his nose buried in books. Sparks is taking dictation and carrying around books as Marty is lost in thought, coming out with near-outlandish ideas and innovations. Papers, pieces of metal, and sparks seem to fly about the room under Marty's hand, forming themselves into strange contraptions and patterns. Wiring snakes itself across the desk, nails pound themselves into place. Miniture stormclouds form to provide power to these strange constructs. And then Marty scaps them, and starts over again with a new idea. Current is curled up in a Tesla Coil in the corner of the room.

Delagate for: Lisam
Mood: Lost in thought, as always.
Offical Position: Marty is at the confrence to present new weapons innovations from Lisam, as an act of surrender.
Schedule: Lost in thought untill 5 minutes before confrence starts.
Planning on returning to his room to work some more right after the confrence ends.
Likely to go running down the halls if he makes a true discovery at any point.

Moose Man
2011-03-03, 05:50 PM
OOC: Ieyraku isn't a delegate/dignitary so his plans aren't known to anyone but himself. I'm just putting them down.

After laying down his latest victim, Ieyraku walks to his Ex's Guardian Guild, smiling because he had bested one of her students, grim at the thought of killing another.

Dialogue:
Your prized pupil failed again, Kaertem. Chickened when he saw his charge fall. Didn't even check for vital signs. Just ran.

That's because he is not used to death, Ieyraku. He didn't serve in the army, he's just a child. Do not be too harsh on him. On a different note, do you take jobs that only concern my company, because you've been targeting my clients more often than usual.

Oh, Ka, you know that isn't true. Do you know the bastard who ruined our life?

Yes, what about him?

He's in town for the negotiations. I'm gonna kill him.
As he walks away from the building, he can hear her shout "My guards are protecting that meeting, don't kill too many of them!

Ieyraku Uaquey
Founder Of: The Assasin's Guild
Mood: Happy/Grim
Schedule:
{table=head]Hours|Event

0001-0010|Kill Crime Lord

0011-0040|Kill Crime Lord's Minions

0041-0045|Find Employer, Get Paid

0046-0230|Find Five-Star Restaurant, Eat Meal

0231-0250|Take a Catnap (am catfolk, after all)

0251-0450|Investigate Location of Negotiations

0450-0520|Accept Job Opportunity

0521-0600|Pursue and Murder Aforementioned Quarry

0601-0640|Go to the Guardian Guild, Have Conversation with Kaertem

0641-0930|Investigate Negotiations Building

0931-0950|Pursuade Kaertem to allow him to replace one of the guards protecting the Negotiations Building, Recall old times with Kaertem (*cough*:smalltongue:*cough*)

0951-0959|Take a "Bath"

1031-1145|Fall Asleep next to Kaertem, Sleep

1146-1155|Sprint to the Negotiations Building, Sweep the Negotioations Room for traps, Identify "The Man" who Ruined his Life with Kaertem

1156-1159|Prevent Riots from entering the building, stand guard inside the Negotiations Room

1200-1400|Negotiations

1401-1800|Guard "The Man"

1801-1930|Return to Kaertem's apartment

1931-2200|Drink with Kaertem

2201-2400|Sleep[/table]

Moose Man
2011-03-03, 06:40 PM
Checks:
DC 10 Survival (fancy restaurant):[roll0]
DC 15 Gather Information (location of building):[roll0]
Bluff, to let me onto the Guard: [roll1]
Sense Motive for Kaertem:[roll2]
DC 25 Search (Traps): [roll3]

Moose Man
2011-03-03, 07:58 PM
The nearest Charter Stone's sickly energy emanates from under the negotiations building.

Shark Uppercut
2011-03-03, 10:27 PM
Hm...I can sense an impure presence. I hope the Charter Mage noticed it too. I'd better check it out. Deidre tells his guards he's going "out for some air", and tries to find the source of the corruption.
(I'm fairly certain a Paladin could feel a recently broken Charter Stone)

More info:
Delegate for: Whilte-Chapel (neutral, heavily isolated until recently)
Mood: Nervous, he's never been at an official meeting where diplomacy was involved.
Official Position: "Wisdom is earned by blood, and there is no guarantee that people are capable of recognizing it even when it arises. My home was built on the carcasses of undead we killed, and only recently have we truly been in an enlightened state. I hope Sünder and Lisam have similarly been enlightened.
I make no claims as to why Lisam ceased aggression, but I also hope that both take the time to reflect on how badly the world has changed around them. We are all men, and in the light of otherworldly corruption, peace is not a luxury. It is a requirement to survive now."

Schedule: Wake up at 500, meditate/nap until 700, polishes and cleans armor, shield and sword until 800. (to look presentable) Investigates the unnatural feeling he got till 1100, then procure a hearty breakfast.
After meeting, might seek out other 'small country' delegates and have dinner with them. If his earlier investigation didn't satisfy him, he'll instead try to follow up on it.

Moose Man
2011-03-03, 11:30 PM
Oscam: The deeper you go into the building, the stronger the sense of cold, numbness and sickness presses on your temples. permeates the air, nauseating and rancid, the acrid odor, getting stronger and stronger, coating the back of your mouth and making your nostrils burn. A metallic stench you know all too well. The smell of Free Magic.
Spot and listen, plz?
Dedire: you know the Mage? You are led the same way as the Mage. After a few minutes (see description above) [no spot/ listen yet]

Moose Man
2011-03-04, 07:39 AM
BTW: you can sense impure presences.

THEChanger
2011-03-04, 12:47 PM
Oscam:
Uh-oh. Not good. Also, I've been meaning to ask you. What creature types would your standard Free Magic Construct have? Undead, or Evil/Chaos? Cause I'd like it if my Beams of Light and Purify could work on Free Magic Stuff. Anyway, your rolls, sir.
Spot - [roll0]
Listen - [roll1]
Oscam shivered as the stench of Free Magic wafted through the air. This did not bode well. As he went further into the depths of the castle, he muttered a quick protective prayer. Charter, give me strength to face this threat. Oscam stopped, feeling eerily like he was being watched.....

Moose Man
2011-03-04, 02:41 PM
Evil/Chaos Construct (augmented)
They can't die exept by touching what repels them. (ex. Hrule) Oscam: While turning a corner, you see some of the shadows on the wall ahead of you shift, as if something is following you... DunDunDun[/Elan] I made you make a listen check for naught, the thing following you CANNOT be heard. Oops.

THEChanger
2011-03-04, 03:26 PM
Oscam

Once again, this does not bode well. Oscam raised one hand, and breathing out a few phrases of the Charter, brought light to the darkness. Preparing to bring forth some battle Marks, Oscam watched the area of moving shadows, to see if something would emerge.
Casting Daylight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daylight.htm) on my hand, so I can see what in the Charter I am doing. Readying a Purify (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Purify) Incantation to blast whatever's moving shadows to kingdom come, provided it's hostile. And really, since when have moving shadows ever proven non-hostile?

Shark Uppercut
2011-03-04, 05:46 PM
Deidre:
Deidre doesn't know Oscam personally, but knew he was a Charter Mage when he first saw him. (14 spellcraft ranks)

He walks deeper down the corridor, and he senses Free Magic more strongly.
Cautiously, he stops, kneels, and wards himself.
First he makes a circling motion with his hands and creates a his Aura of Devotion. His armor briefly flickers with golden energy. (gives DR 3/-)

Then he traces a large Chartermark, the Seal of Righteousness as it's commonly called, on his sword. It fades, but the outline dimly remains.
(4 extra divine damage on melee hit, used up 14 mana)
(Time-wise, both of these are supposed to be swift actions to do)

More confident in his abilities, Deidre stands up and resumes walking into the darkness.

Moose Man
2011-03-04, 05:52 PM
OOC: ok, the moving shadows are on a wall to your side. Whatever was following you is coming from the hallway that has more light, so his shadow is naturally large. He is behind you, has been trying to match you perfectly with ilhis movements, but did not see the turn. You saw his shadow stand up abruptly as he saw there was a turn. So you have daylight spell in your palm, And readied an incantation, AT A WALL. Do you hate evil walls, by any chance?:smallwink:

Moose Man
2011-03-04, 06:03 PM
Dedire: okey dokey, free magic smell grows to an unbearable degree, and you feel slightly queasy
Fort save plz

Shark Uppercut
2011-03-04, 06:07 PM
Fort rolling... [roll0]

About the below: Scary as hell, but who experiences it, Deidre or Oscam? And does the other hear it?

Moose Man
2011-03-04, 06:50 PM
Dedire: Ok, the feeling goes away.
From behind you, you hear a very high pitched scream, it lasts for about a second before it is cut off. Then, you hear a deep rumbling sound accompanied by squeaking. They converge on you... Millions of rats, so many they fill up the narrow hallway, after the first few, the deluge of rats rises up to your knees, nearly knocking you over. The seething horde brings an array of unpleasant smells with them, such as sewage, fear, blood, gore and rotting flesh. Most of the rats aren't even alive, you see. The living rats mostly carry their dead brethren, some burnt horribly, some in separate halves others still shining with the remnants of black energy pulsing through their bodies, turning them into nothing but black goo. knowing in some way that if they leave their kin to be eaten, it will strengthen whatever horror killed them in the first place. After a minute, the last of the rats scurry past you, smelling many times worse than the original rats.

THUD

THUD

THUD

GRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA (think rayquaza's howl)

Moose Man
2011-03-04, 08:48 PM
OOC: Dedire experiences it, Oscam can hear it if he makes a DC 25 listen check. Blood dulls sound. Thanks for appreciating the horror.

Moose Man
2011-03-05, 10:23 PM
Oscam:
Listen Check please

THEChanger
2011-03-05, 11:36 PM
OOC:
OOC: ok, the moving shadows are on a wall to your side. Whatever was following you is coming from the hallway that has more light, so his shadow is naturally large. He is behind you, has been trying to match you perfectly with ilhis movements, but did not see the turn. You saw his shadow stand up abruptly as he saw there was a turn. So you have daylight spell in your palm, And readied an incantation, AT A WALL. Do you hate evil walls, by any chance?:smallwink:
I understand now. It makes more sense when you put it like that. I thought you meant there was something in the shadows, like, say, a Shadow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shadow.htm). This is an Old Kingdom setting, after all. Eldritch Abominations are par for the course. Anyway, after looking at it, I can't make that listen check. Damn.
IC:
Oscam:
Shaking his head at his slight stupidity, Oscam turned around. "Alright you, I don't know who you are, but as a diplomat from the Holy City of Zantrtmor, and a Charter Mage, I order you to step forward and reveal yourself. SLOWLY." Oscam still held his favorite battle Marks close at hand, just in case. After all, if this person was making an effort to keep silent and hidden, they couldn't be very friendly, now could they?

Moose Man
2011-03-06, 12:15 AM
IeyrakuI was surprised you didn't notice me earlier, Oscam of Zantrtmor, I was making no effort to hide myself, else you wouldn't see me.A male in a hooded cloak walks up to you. You can only see his mouth, but you can tell instantly that he is a "Devil-Breed", or a cross between human and a type of animal, in this case, a cat (Catfolk). He is much taller than you, and carries himself in a very dignified way. He is cocky enough to punch, but bad*** enough that you don't wan't to. He makes no sound when he walks, and you realize that he actually didn't talk, just synchronized his lips with his projected thoughts.
EDIT: There are two, no, four things you will be able to hear/feel. The thumps and the bloodcurdling scream that is laced with Free Magic (mostly for fear inducing/smell effect). You just can't hear the rats. YET.

Shark Uppercut
2011-03-06, 01:48 AM
So millions of rats, many tainted by fell energies, are running away from something...And then something screamed.
Deidre sighs and fingers his tortoise-shell charm (amulet of natural armor) nervously. His sword and shield are out.

Moose Man
2011-03-06, 08:37 PM
Deidre:A wave. An island in time. You find yourself numb, thinking of the strangest things. A child, dancing in the rain. The hallway becomes distant, even though you can see the titanic silhouette of the monster approach. The TARDIS. Your home. White shores, and beyond.[/Gandalf]Will Save plz.
Oscam:You see, as time seems to slow down, dirt and blood flung off the floor, the shockwave carrying the now visible rats towards you and the man in a cloak. Quite funny, really as, in slow-motion, there appears to be no gravity. Flying rats, screaming in fear, floating amongst droplets of bloody dirt. Suddenly, as if reality turned back on, time speeds up and the man in front of you is thrown into the air. You know he knows what is happening through watching your mind, but didn't have enough time to turn. You are caught by the shockwave and thrown brutally against the wall behind you. The strange man, you realize, is screaming (inside your head). The shockwave throws you extremely hard against the wall twice more, pilling more and more gruesome, half dead rats against you both times. Buried in rats, you hear an earsplitting screech, then, you hear nothing the the longest time.You were deafened.

Shark Uppercut
2011-03-06, 09:22 PM
Deidre's feels like he's going insane as the images flash by faster, both very distinct and at the same time quite vague.

Will save...[roll0]
If I snap out of it, can I see more details about the silhouette?

Moose Man
2011-03-06, 09:54 PM
Deidre:The silhouette is huge, it's top brushing the ceiling. It's waist is too narrow, it's shoulders too large. From its hands extend claws that seem to belong to a great beast rather than whatever comes towards you. The will save was to keep you from slipping into it's mind lock.

THEChanger
2011-03-06, 10:12 PM
Oscam, Deidre

Sloughing the dead rats off himself, Oscam stood, very angry, and very much ready to use the the Marks which had been at his mouth since he started down here. But first, to deal with the deafness. Letting the Marks of offense go, Oscam brought healing Marks forward. "By the Charter, let me hear again!" And then he could. Now to get his bearings. And let loose some Charter power on whatever it is that shrieked....Cast Remove Deafness on meself. I can hear again! Sweet. -1 Level 3 spell. Leaves me with 6 for the day.

Moose Man
2011-03-06, 11:24 PM
Okey dokey, the catman stands, brushes his leather coat off off and removes his hood. You see he carries a sheathed sword, his leather coat naturally blending in with it's surroundings, and unusually large coat pockets. He has unnaturally large shoulders, and there is an occasional glint of madness, anger, isolation and happiness in his eyes.

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-07, 07:03 AM
A device beeps. A needle spins. Marty looks up from his books at the detector. He pauses a moment to figure out what the detector is supposed to detect. Oh. Free magic. Sparks, write a note. "Free magic detected, setting out to investigate. Don't touch the yellow box." Current, wake up. We're going. Marty leaves his room, still carrying one or two of his "experiments." Sparks is carrying the detector. Current is slithering next to Marty.

Re'ozul
2011-03-07, 11:24 AM
'Off he goes again on one of his "expeditions". No wonder they told me to keep an eye on him. It is a miracle he has lived so long with that much adventurous absent-mindedness. Oh well, here we go I guess.'

Enzari closes the door behind her as she tries to catch up to him. His scientific mind is one priced quite high, and her orders to keep ALL of the delegation healthy had all but pointed at him. She would consider this job beneath her, if she did not know that her own combat capabilities coupled with her knowledge in healing and restoration are precisely why she was chosen for this. If only that person had more common sense, said job would be a lot easier.

Catching up to him, she asks:

"Well delegate, what has piqued your interest this time that you seem to be in such a hurry to get there?"

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-07, 12:18 PM
Marty looks up from the detector.Hm. Ah, Ensai, is it? And as for what has "piqued my intrest," this device has just, ah, detected a trace of wild magic on the grounds. I thought that wild magic would be an intersting pheneomena to examine, so I am going to examine it. I beleive that I left a note with my intent. Marty looks to Sparks. Sparks "nods."

Re'ozul
2011-03-07, 01:50 PM
Ignoring the mispronounciation of her name, Enzari walks beside him boggling at the carefree attitude that any normal person would consider diametrically opposed to the context of what he said.

'Wild magic? I believe if I was human I would develop a twitch from this persons habits. I just hope I won't have to explain why our prized Genius suddenly is an owl or ogre tomorrow. Though considering his fascination with everything shocking, if magic has a sense of humor it will most likely be an electric eel.'

"I assume you wish to investigate it right now, without notifying anyone beforehand? Would you mind me accompanying you on this endeavour?"

Moose Man
2011-03-07, 02:42 PM
Marty and Enzari:
Listen checks plz

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-07, 05:28 PM
Listen check: 1d20+3

No, I don't mind if you accompany me. Multiple points of refrence make for better observations.

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-07, 05:51 PM
Listen Check:

[roll0]

Moose Man
2011-03-07, 11:30 PM
Mr. Anon Omys:
To roll checks, use [rollv]
example:
Ieyraku rolls spot
[roll0]
See, is ez to learn.:amused:
EDIT:Wow, I bombed that hypothetical roll.

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-08, 06:37 AM
Listen Check: [roll0]

Third time's the charm.

Moose Man
2011-03-08, 03:35 PM
Marty and Enzari:
Enzari, you hear, quite loudly, a roar from the direction you are heading, which happens to currently be the stairs. Your companion is quite oblivious to the roar, too interested in his playthings.
EDIT:In response to your below comment, I expect his response to be: Huh? Or: What?

Re'ozul
2011-03-08, 03:45 PM
"That did not sound particularly reassuring. Perhaps it would be best to alarm the guards instead of, or at least before going further?"

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-08, 05:32 PM
You do not find it reassuring that multiple points of refrence provide better data? Alright. Two observers observing the same phenomena are likely to observe different portions of the phenomena, simply because the observers are different. Therefore, by having a second pair of eyes aiding in my research, my data will be more comprehensive, and therefore more likely to produce a new invention, or possibly a brand new principle of magic. Does that reassure you?

Re'ozul
2011-03-08, 05:44 PM
Resisting the urge to lay her head in hands, Enzari tries duplicating the tone of the "genius" she is burdened with.

"Your ... insight is very interesting. However I was referring to the roar that quite clearly came from the direction we are moving in. The roar that you most likely simply did not hear. Said roar, indicating something either quite predatory or alternately in pain, quite frankly creates the high possibility that whatever we are moving towards will most likely not be in the best interest of our health. And while I am very well versed in the methods of healing and prevention, i do not believe that us willfully presenting ourselves to such a situation is something that would be looked at favourably by our superiors."

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-08, 06:06 PM
Marty stops walking forward, but he is still fiddling with the stuff in his hands.

You see, you prove my point. By having your frame of refrence, we were able to observe this alleged "roar." Were you not here, I would likely not have known that datum, and therefore would have left it out of my calculations. Now, about your suggestion that we contact the guards. I beleive that the suggestion could be valid under the circumstances, allowing us to entail no undue risk to our persons. However, I have my personal bodyguard, Current, about, and he should be sufficent to prevent any harm to our bodies. However, we can call the guards to ensure our mutual peace of mind.

Re'ozul
2011-03-09, 02:45 PM
"I don't presume you have a way of achieving this with haste? The only but of magic I know would take 10 minutes and is kind of a waste in this situation. We could alter our path to the nearest guardpost, but I assume that this would not be in your interest?"

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-09, 06:09 PM
Sending messages with haste is all a matter of applied aerodynamics. For example, you take a sheet of paper, and inscribe upon it the message you wish to send. In this case, the message will go something like "Detected wild magic. Setting out to observe the phenomena. Intelligent guards who are unlikely to disturb the important research that may be conducted are requested." Then, you fold the piece of parchment into a form more likely travel through the air. With some slight modifications to the paper airwing and the introduction of a minor electrostatic field, the paper airwing will have a self adjusting course that leads it to a guardsman. Then, it is simply a matter of throwing the airwing at the proper angle and velocity, and a guard should be summoned to this spot, provided the guard will simply follow back the ion trail left by the electrostatic field on the airwing.

Marty writes on a sheet of paper, folds it into a paper airplane, casts greater elemental animation on it (wood pulp), and throws it. Being a tiny animated object, the airplane should at least have a base movement speed of forty feet, more since it is being thrown. Ergo, faster than a detour.

Moose Man
2011-03-09, 06:23 PM
Marty:
Paperwing would be the correct term. Sorry for the nitpicking.

Re'ozul
2011-03-09, 06:25 PM
"How very ... interesting. And so practical. ... In which case, let us continue."

'Why, of all kinds of beings, someone like him. Why?'

Moose Man
2011-03-11, 03:59 PM
Enzari:
Hey, at least he doesn't shout "Doctor Octogonapus" every two seconds.[/obscurereference]

Moose Man
2011-03-13, 01:08 PM
Entheor:You hear a knocking on your door. KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-16, 08:42 AM
Marty waits three minutes tops for a guard to come, judged by the oscilations of one of his devices. While waiting, Marty is tinkering with the other device. Current bounds expectantly about the doorway to the staircase.

vikingofdoom
2011-03-16, 09:23 AM
Entheor opens the door, greeting whoever is out there.

Assuming its someone summoning the guards, I follow along to the tower.

Moose Man
2011-03-16, 02:16 PM
A tiny paperwing, only about 11" long, is floating about eye level in front of your door. With it's large, puppylike eyes, it implores you to open it and read.

vikingofdoom
2011-03-16, 02:40 PM
I open and read it. Upon finishing, I grab my sword and rush to the tower. How long does this take, and what do I see when I get there?

Moose Man
2011-03-16, 04:27 PM
OODM: Tower? They are investigating under the negotiations building. Should take about a minute, as the paperwing only made it down the hall and made a right before it got lost and knocked on a random door. Fate dictates that the paperwing knocks on your door.

Moose Man
2011-03-16, 04:28 PM
OODM: Tower? They are investigating under the negotiations building. Should take about a minute, as the paperwing only made it down the hall and made a right before it got lost and knocked on a random door. DM dictates that the paperwing knocks on your door.
Sorry, Made an oopsie.

vikingofdoom
2011-03-16, 04:48 PM
Sorry, had the wrong building. I follow the paperwing to them then. Upon reaching them, I question them about what they're needing help with.

Re'ozul
2011-03-16, 05:04 PM
"One of his contraptions apparently caught wind of a wild magic phenomenon and he was on his way to observe and analyse it. Having been told that I am to keep every delegate healthy I decided to follow him. We stopped as I heard an unidentifiable roar from ahead. We then decided to inform someone of our intentions in order to achieve more widespread preperation for any eventuality."

Moose Man
2011-03-22, 08:47 PM
OODM: No more RPing then? Do u guys head down the stairs?

vikingofdoom
2011-03-22, 10:18 PM
I'm willing to head down the stairs, taking point for the group.

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-03-23, 05:33 AM
Well, if we are done discussing why we are going down the stairs, I'm ready to go down the stairs. In fact, we could discuss why we are going down the stairs while we are going down the stairs. I find it fascinating when basic sensory imput is described by others, as that allows me to compare my own experiences to the experiences of others, and thereby broaden my own experience. That is why I called a guard here, to broaden my observational base when I experienced the Free Magic.

Moose Man
2011-03-26, 11:26 PM
Ok, so you guys are going down the stairs?

Re'ozul
2011-03-27, 09:27 AM
"As you can see, even our esteemed gadgetmaster feels it is wise to keep company in these circumstances. Now let us descend into what will undoubtedly be a completely harmless situation that will absolutely not threaten our well-being as scream i heard most surely indicated."

The sarcasm drips from Enzari's words as she moves along the stairs, sometimes glancing back at her charge and shaking her head in regret at her own competence which landed her this abominable job.

Moose Man
2011-03-30, 07:49 PM
-snip- ...shaking her head in regret at her own competence... -snip- You're SOOOOO modest, Enzari.
As you go down the stairs, you notice the walls running, as if a layer of wet paint had been applied to them (the walls) only the second before. Suddenly, a wave of bloodsmell hits you hard enough to knock the wind out of a tarrasque. Even you, a world acclaimed medic, you haven't been able to build up an immunity to the euphoria that Free Magic mixed with blood gives most things. Moments before you are swallowed by the river of extacy, you note that your light seems to dim, but then you note only black. Your !Spot check:[roll0]
Your Fortitude save to surface from the "river" of euphoria:[roll1] DC:27
EDIT: Nope.

Moose Man
2011-04-02, 11:00 AM
Marty:You observe the female, a Luminous, steps down onto the nearest tread. She makes good time going down the stairs, but slips and hits her head on the moser of the previous landing about halfway down the stairs. She is then is very still.
Entheor: You only hear a THUMP, as Marty is blocking your view of the stairway.

Moose Man
2011-04-03, 01:54 PM
OOC:When I post, do I just arbitrarily kill threads?

Moose Man
2011-04-03, 06:28 PM
To Grease things along:Oscam:As you turn, your peripheral vision alerts you that the odd catman draws some sort of weapon, akin to a spear but a complex machine replaces the haft (A gun with a bayonet). It is swarming with Charter Marks of binding, breaking, fire and destruction. There were so many Master Charter Marks in it's making that it could only have been made by the Wallmakers.
In front of you lies a hallway. It goes on for a ways, then turns. Across the hall from the turn an insalubrious black light plays over the wall.Enzari:Note that being unconscious is when your conscious mind is not active, and your subconsciousness takes over. Therefore, you can no more cast yourself awake while unconscious than you could paint a landscape or write a symphony while sleeping. Also, before you hit the stairs, you let out a heart-wrenching scream, then your scream is cut short by you hitting the stairs.Entheor:OOC: Enzari went down the stairs that a free magic creature went down, and fainted because of the side effect of mixing free magic with blood. You do not actually see her fall, but you hear her scream, then a distinct thump, as the sound rotten wood would make if it was being shattered by bare hands. So not a good sign.

THEChanger
2011-04-03, 07:59 PM
Oscam, Cat-man
Shaking himself off, Oscam examines the situation. There is a catfolk, with a rather large Charter-Marked weapon that makes his head hurt slightly. Farther down the hall, a ominous shadow-No, not a shadow, but a light as black as night. And still the stench of Free Magic fills the air. "Excuse me, but could you perhaps fill me in on what in the name of the Charter just happened?" Oscam was deeply confused by the sudden flood of dead rats, and the appearence of this catfolk. He didn't know much about the catfolk, but he didn't think that many had strange weapons with - were those Master Marks?

Moose Man
2011-04-03, 09:55 PM
Ieyraku to Oscam:OOC: You aren't able to make sound, as you are within 10' of me. I have Quiscence, which is 10' of Silence. He has telepathy, so it's ok.
IC:The hooded, black furred catfolk speaks as if into your ear:
'I did introduce myself, you know. The name's Ieyraku, and the light is probably of a highly radioactive nature, my guess is ultraviolet light. As for Misty, my weapon's business is her buisness. I apologize in advance for your migrane, caused by her. She says sorry too. In all the nine hells, I have no idea what that was, but it seemed that the rats were flung by a shockwave, from what, I have no idea. Yes, Misty has Master Marks. Specifically these:' He then lists the marks. During the resulting bursts of agony, you note that he has no real notion of pain, as he continues listing them.

vikingofdoom
2011-04-04, 01:28 PM
Hearing the scream of an ally, Enthoar charges into combat, pushing past the person blocking his way to the front, sword drawn and ready for combat.

Moose Man
2011-04-04, 03:43 PM
Hearing the scream of an ally who fell down the stairs, Entheor charges into combat, pushing past the person blocking his way to the front, Marty, sword drawn and ready for combat. Comments in bold. [/annoyance] :smallbiggrin:

MR. Monster's Schedule (to make events clear):
SCHEDULE NOT DONE YET!!!{table=head]Time|Activity|U guyz

0001-0010|Not in our Realm|Kill Crime Lord

0011-0040|Same|Kill Crime Lord's Minions

0041-0045|Same|Find Employer, Get Paid

0046-0230|Same|Find Five-Star Restaurant, Eat Meal

0231-0250|Same|Take a Catnap (am catfolk, after all)

0251-0450|Same|Investigate Location of Negotiations

0450-0520|Same|Accept Job Opportunity

0521-0600|Same|Pursue and Murder Aforementioned Quarry

0601-0640|Same|Go to the Guardian Guild, Have Conversation with Kaertem

0641-0930|Same|Investigate Negotiations Building

0931-0950|Same|Pursuade Kaertem to allow him to replace one of the guards protecting the Negotiations Building, Recall old times with Kaertem (*cough*:smalltongue:*cough*)

0951-0959|Same|Take a "Bath"

1031-1145|Same|Fall Asleep next to Kaertem, Sleep

1146-1155|Same|Sprint to the Negotiations Building, Sweep the Negotioations Room for traps, Identify "The Man" who Ruined his Life with Kaertem

1156-1159|Same|Prevent Riots from entering the building, stand guard inside the Negotiations Room

1200-1400|Same|Negotiations

1401-1800|Guard "The Man"

1801-1930|Return to Kaertem's apartment

1931-2200|Drink with Kaertem

2201-2400|Sleep[/table]

THEChanger
2011-04-04, 04:46 PM
Oscam to Ieyraku

Oh. Er, yes, sorry about that. I had forgotten, what with the sudden blast of air and dead rats. Could you, um, please STOP THAT! Oscam practically shouts mental in an effort to drown out the pain of the Master Marks. Just looking at them made him queasy, and this Ieyraku was just listing them off as if they were nothing. Now, as stimulating as this conversation has been, there is a broken Charter Stone down there, and whatever this "ultraviolet light" is, I must go and destroy whatever has done so, and fix that stone. So, good day. Unless you're here to help in which case... Oscam looked Ieyraku up and down. He looked like he could take a few hits, at least, more than Oscam. In which case, maybe you'd better go first.

Moose Man
2011-04-04, 09:14 PM
Ieyraku to Oscam:Oh, sorry about the marks. I forgot almost everyone hates when I think them. Back on topic, I am to be first then? Ok then, here's the plan; I sneak down the hallway, then look at whatever is there, then I signal you using Misty, because I have a bad habit of broadcasting (sending mental messages out to groups) when I should be channeling (sending mental messages out to individuals). Misty doesn't have that problem. She may, however, intrude upon personal thoughts, so keep those to yourself. Like that thought. When you get the signal, do as Misty says. For example, if she says, "Run!" You run. She says "Help, help, this thing is slaughtering us!" you better hop to it and see that it gets done, else I'll find you. Someday, somehow, I'll find you, then murder you. See ya in a few, Oscam. Ieyraku then steps into a dark shadow and vanishes.Hide Check: [roll0]

Mr. Anon Omys
2011-04-05, 05:41 AM
Marty picks himself up from where he has been uncerimoniously thrown aside, grumbling something about lack of respect for the sciences. Sparks is busy picking up the devices that Marty dropped when he fell. Current follows Enthoar, ready for a fight.

Moose Man
2011-04-07, 04:34 PM
Misty to OscamYo, dude. Y'all gotta come ovah heah, cuz Ieyraku wants yuh tuh see somethin'. Now git ovah here, yuh oddball.

THEChanger
2011-04-07, 08:30 PM
Oscam to Misty
"Err...yes, of course." A strange pair, to be sure. But, they seemed to know what they were doing. Best to trust them for now.

Moose Man
2011-04-09, 09:50 AM
Do you saunter over there?

THEChanger
2011-04-09, 11:46 AM
Yes, there is sauntering. There's also a couple backflips, a wall-run, and some definite swagger. [/sarcasm]

Moose Man
2011-04-12, 08:13 PM
OscamAuditory:When you get about halfway down the hall, you start hearing noises. At first, it sounds like groups of rats, trying to creep slowly up to you. Their grotty claws scrape against the floor in horrific cadence, as if they were marching to a beat. pitterpatterpat, pitterpatterpat, pitterpatterpat. Then, almost as if rehearsed, dead wolves begin to howl, their desiccated throats crying out a sorrowful melody. Suddenly, you are blindsided by a wave of haunting, but strangely beautiful sounds. The shush-shush sound of a butterfly's wing, the sighing wind in the trees, the snicker-snack of the jabberwocky's claws, the keening of a dog who is sad for her master, then the thump-thump of the heart of a dragon. The sounds, when combined in this way, are unearthly enough to make your adrenaline spike, your senses heighten, and your perception of the pure beauty and magnificence of the symphony. The symphony speaks of birth, life, death, and unlife. The wolf suddenly falls silent. The others go on fo another 3-4 bars, then stop abruptly too. The ensuing silence almost causes you to become dyspneic with it's quality. Then drums, drums in the deep.Visual:The black light, dubbed "ultraviolet" by your companion, intensifies. The floaters in your vision become more pronounced, increasing in clarity until they look like your friends and family. Your vision of the light is soon blocked by your home, Zantrtmor. This vision shows the city at it's peak (you instinctively know this. You realize with shock that the image is of the last time you saw your home. As you watch, the landscape changes. The ground blackens, marshes evaporate into unhealthy mist, mutants, neither human nor animal walk as if normal. The still burning ruins of the city light the valley with a sick pallor, as if the land itself had become ill. The clouds looked as if heavy with rain but did not pour, the ground littered with dead. No more did the birds sang in the willows, no more did the dead hide from the day, no more did the trees speak, in their long elder language. In the vision you saw before you, the land was not vibrant, but it was dead. Everything was just waiting to die. Things would not get better, but some were lucky and died faster than others. What could have caused so much sorrow?Touch:You can feel the vibrations of the symphony, and you feel the heat of the fires of Zantrtmor, the baked earth and the sickness of the air.Taste&Smell:The farther you go down the hallway, the stronger the sense of cold, numbness and sickness presses on your temples. It permeates the air, nauseating, metallic, and rancid, an acrid odor, getting stronger and stronger, coating the back of your mouth and making your nostrils burn. This sense overlaps the sensation of free magic.

THEChanger
2011-04-16, 08:35 AM
Ieyraku

Oscam fell to the ground, hands on his ears, eyes clenched shut. "No, this is not right. Zantrtmor can not fall. Not now. Not when I can't be there to help! So many people...So many deaths..." Oscam slammed his head against the floor, once, twice, three times, crying out in pain. "Get out of my head. Get. Out. OF. MY. HEAD!" As the sensations began to fade, Oscam wiped the tears from his eyes, and looked around. "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. The Free Magic here is so strong."

Moose Man
2011-04-17, 05:59 PM
OscamWhat in the name of the Charter was that about? Ieyraku's face os furrowed with worry, and is uncomfortably close to your own. With a little more light, you could probably count the number of hairs between each eye. You scared Misty half to death when you started screaming. Then you collapsed, and I got worried. Are you alright?

THEChanger
2011-04-17, 07:17 PM
Ieyraku

"I'm fine now. Free Magic is strong here. It's the broken Charter Stone. Whatever did this has perverted the Charter, warpped its Marks into something foul. My connection to the Charter is a little stronger than most. My city was born of the Charter. It's been around me all my life." Oscam looked down into the "blacklight", attempting to see where it eminated from, and if the Stone could yet be seen. "Whatever broke this Stone is strong. It put, I guess, pictures, and sounds, into my head. It's gone now, but I don't like it when people mess with my head." Oscam thought for a moment. "Hold a moment. You're telepathic. Shouldn't you have seen what I saw?"

Shark Uppercut
2011-04-19, 05:48 PM
The silhouette is huge, it's top brushing the ceiling. It's waist is too narrow, it's shoulders too large. From its hands extend claws that seem to belong to a great beast rather than whatever comes towards you. The will save was to keep you from slipping into it's mind lock.

Incapacitated? Dude, when the thing with claws (not horns) actually got to our dimension, it accidentally created a reality warping field, sorta like a worsened wild magic zone. It's weight on that one step sent you flying, and that's where I left you. It was also focusing on you, which has a detrimental effect on your concentration.
Escape Route Options: As normal, just be sure to not hit bad paches of the RWF.
Well, considering that . .
Deidre
stands up and starts moving away from it. If it pursues him, he tries to keep about 50ft between it and him.

Moose Man
2011-04-21, 12:47 AM
Misty to Oscam:Was distracted, hunny. We wur looking down this here hall, for thingamajiggers or the like. Telepathic duzn't mean omnipotent, yuh no.
Deidre:when you start to retreat, the thing slows. It bellows a great roar, and you notice that you aren't sickened by it's presence. Although it may use Free Magic, it is not a wellspring of Free Magic, like Free Magic Elementals, simply uses it. It doesn't seem to be a being of the Charter either, even of the more corrupted kind. It seems older, more alien than any monsters you have faced.