PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Need help with the fatigue condition

Goonthegoof
2011-03-03, 09:40 AM
Quote from the DM:
You’ve gained a template Touched, from a mechanical point of view unless you medicate yourself to sleep (such as a potion) you heal your normal amount -6 during sleep, and wake up fatigued, and while you sleep you scream and thrash about, and have the same reoccurring dream, un-ending pain, while being held in place with spears sunk into your flesh, a constant hunger, and the feeling that you’ve failed something. The bonus on the other hand any Reavers try to avoid you and you gain rage 2/day (so long as you had a good night sleep the night before) or 1/day if you're already fatigued, after the rage your are only fatigued for 1 round. This may seem like a kick to the pants, but it will make sense depending on which way in the game you guys go.

We're playing in a non magic game and I'm currently a level 3 orc warblade. Does anyone know of any feats/classes that either remove fatigue or the need to sleep? I figure there must be a feat somewhere that lets you mimic trance or something.

Eldan
2011-03-03, 09:55 AM
Well, if you level further in Warblade, you could Iron Heart Surge fatigue away. That will take quite some time, though.

Goonthegoof
2011-03-03, 10:08 AM
I'm aware of the Iron Heart Surge method of condition removal and the suspicion that something like this might happen is why I took the class. I'm trying to find another method though.

Eldan
2011-03-03, 10:13 AM
I see. this old thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121144) might help you.

Darrin
2011-03-03, 10:21 AM
Getting rid of fatigue:

* Warforged (not exactly an option for an Orc)
* Horizon Walker (need 8 ranks of Knowledge: Geography)
* Touchstone feat (Sandstorm) linked to Shrine at Kahar, lesser restoration 1/day.
* Tireless regional feat (Player's Guide to Faerun p. 46, must be 1st level)
* Wand of Ray of Resurgence (750 GP, Lost Empires of Faerun)
* Icewild Lichen Paste (50 GP, Secrets of Sarlona p. 138)
* Boots of the Unending Journey (4000 GP, MIC p. 79), requires True Believer feat.
* Sphere of Awakening (1800 GP, MIC p. 186) cures fatigue 1/day.
* Talisman of Undying Fortitude (8000 GP, MIC p. 188) cures a bunch of things 2/day.
* Breath of Waves graft (9000 GP, Magic of Eberron p. 131)
* Heavy Legs graft (6000 GP, Faiths of Eberron p. 158).

Not sleeping:

* Wakeful Mind graft (14000 GP, Faiths of Eberron p. 158)

Hmm... I seem to recall seeing a Dream Catcher magic item somewhere, but I can't remember where. Secrets of Sarlona? Expedition to Castle Ravenloft?

Goonthegoof
2011-03-03, 10:23 AM
Thanks heaps. Tireless seems like the best option there but I'm level 3 already. Any way of picking up first level only feats at 3?

Amnestic
2011-03-03, 10:31 AM
Thanks heaps. Tireless seems like the best option there but I'm level 3 already. Any way of picking up first level only feats at 3?

I'm AFB at the moment, but I vaguely recall one of the Faerun books including a clause about having ranks in Knowledge (Local) which would qualify you for more regional feats. Might be remembering wrong though.

Darrin
2011-03-03, 10:35 AM

Pay for a psychic reformation? I'm not sure of the cost... I think 7 (ML) x 40 = 280 GP, + 250 GP (XP cost for caster) + 50 XP (target)?

Word of caution, however... it sounds like the DM is doing this for plot reasons. If you find a way to completely negate the effects with no great cost to yourself, he'll probably just get really annoyed and find some other way to hit you over the head with his metaplot.

I'm AFB at the moment, but I vaguely recall one of the Faerun books including a clause about having ranks in Knowledge (Local) which would qualify you for more regional feats. Might be remembering wrong though.

That doesn't get around the "must be 1st level" requirement, and one of the 3.5 books (PGtF I think) ixnayed using Knowledge (Local) for feats/PrCs.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-03-03, 11:15 AM
If your fatigue goes away in one round after raging, just wake up and rage.

Zaranthan
2011-03-03, 02:58 PM
just wake up and rage.

Definitely one of the more hilarious mental images ever.

Deathslayer7
2011-03-03, 03:12 PM
There's a magic item that makes you immune to fatigue and grants a +2 luck bonus on initiative. Cant remember what book, but it was Sandals of Something.

I think it only cost around 4,000 gp. Not in your price range at the moment, but it might be a good option.

Darrin
2011-03-03, 04:35 PM
Found it, I think.

Circlet of Rest (12500 GP, Savage Species p. 55). Seems a little expensive for what it does... +10 resistance bonus vs nightmare or dream casting, and wearer is immune to dream. Before you track down such an item, though, you'll want to check with your DM if you're being targeted with those specific spells or some custom effect. If it's a Plot Device kinda thing, odds are the Circlet won't help.

Goonthegoof
2011-03-03, 08:59 PM
If your fatigue goes away in one round after raging, just wake up and rage.

I'm in love with this one, hopefully it works. "RARRGH! GRUK SMASH PUNY ALARM CLOCK!"