PDA

View Full Version : Power Points to Spell Level Conversion Ratio

Welknair
2011-03-03, 10:05 AM
Hmm. I've been working on a homebrew project and have ran into an interesting question. How many power points are roughly equivalent to a what level spell? The costs for various level powers don't scale linearly, I don't think (The problem is compounded by being AFB)... What I've been running with is 3PP to one Spell Level, though I'm pretty sure that isn't quite right. I'd rather not have to calculate the conversion with a quadratic function, but I have to to closely model the points...

mootoall
2011-03-03, 10:14 AM
1st level powers: 1pp
2nd level powers: 3pp
3rd level powers: 5pp
4th level powers: 7pp
5th level powers: 9pp
6th level powers: 11pp
7th level powers: 13pp
8th level powers: 15pp
9th level powers: 17pp

I imagine just replace "powers" with spells. I expect Psyren to ninja me.

Edit: AND HE DIDN'T! WOO HOO! In celebration, I shall elaborate. You also have to take into consideration that these scale differently with augmentation, so that's a consideration you should take into account.

Cog
2011-03-03, 10:15 AM
It's the same level a psion or wizard gains access to a power/spell of that level. 1=1, 2=3, 3=5, 4=7, and so on. Or, (2*level)-1.

Welknair
2011-03-03, 09:39 PM
Perhaps I should elaborate. As part of my Magitech system, I have Batteries that store spell energy, in the form of spell levels. I'm making a psionics conversion for it, and thus needed to figure out a Spell Level to Power Point factor for changing over the capacities of these batteries.

Looks like 2 would be a better number...