PDA

View Full Version : High ceiling of power or quick ascension?

druid91
2011-03-03, 12:14 PM
So as the title says... Do you prefer quick ascension? Where you have less power but get it faster. Or High ceiling? Which is whereyou have great potential for power but it takes a while.

Tyndmyr
2011-03-03, 12:20 PM
I will almost invariably choose the latter.

Yora
2011-03-03, 12:37 PM
I like to have constant improvement, but always staying on a relatively low level.

Asheram
2011-03-03, 12:50 PM
I like to have constant improvement, but always staying on a relatively low level.

I second this.
You should Feel that you're tough guys for managing to obtain a higher level, not the "from 1 to 20 in a month"

Gullintanni
2011-03-03, 01:06 PM

I second this.
You should Feel that you're tough guys for managing to obtain a higher level, not the "from 1 to 20 in a month"

E6 ftw anyone? :smallsmile:

Tyndmyr
2011-03-03, 01:23 PM
I do enjoy E6, but even there, I make builds that stress more power later over more power now.

Dimers
2011-03-03, 01:27 PM
I like to play with a medium degree of power -- in 3.5 terms, tier 3 in the level six to twelve range. Stretching out that sweet spot is great, so if it takes three campaigns to go from 6th to 14th, that's fine. Less power makes me feel like I can't accomplish much deliberately without GM fiat, and more power tends to make me feel less immersed, because I'm questioning how it could exist without trending toward a Tippyverse.

Yora
2011-03-03, 01:32 PM
E6 ftw anyone? :smallsmile:

Actually, yes! :smallbiggrin:

druid91
2011-03-03, 02:42 PM
Personally I hate E6, It's just so limiting.

I much prefer the bleach d20 way of limiting. You can choose to try for enormous world changing power... Or you can just take being strong.

With option one you usually go through a soft shell stage where anyone can kill you. With option two your relatively solid the whole way through.

Gullintanni
2011-03-03, 02:48 PM
But the limiting is all the fun of it. Trying to be world-crushingly powerful with 20 levels at your disposal is easy. Trying to accomplish the same results with far more limited resources makes for much more interesting characters IMO.

The more severe the limits, the more creative I have to be.

druid91
2011-03-03, 02:55 PM
Now try to beat someone who is level 20, while level 16. Most of the broken spells stripped out, and a few magic sword moves, and since I play hollows, monster abilities.

Certain paths in Bleach simply cannot make it to level twenty.

Heck the normal people stop at level 10. That's as far as most are able to go.

The exception being Paragon hollows. And Vizards.

Pretty much everything hollow related. And even normal Paragons are a horrible choice after a certain point if you have people trying to kill you.

If you want mind numbing ultimate power it's very difficult.