PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 installation problem

Jeivar
2011-03-03, 12:59 PM
I picked up Just Cause 2 for the PC, but I can't install it. When I try it just tells me "Unable to find dsetup.dll". Well, it happens that I don't know my way around a computer AT ALL, and this is the only video game-related forum that I'm part of. Can anyone please help? Preferably in "Computers For Grandma 101" lingo?

*sigh*
This kind of stuff seems to happen with every game that it takes me a while to get my hands on. How the hell do publishers get away with this?

Brother Oni
2011-03-03, 01:07 PM
A quick google check shows that dsetup.dll is part of Direct X, so update/repair your Direct X installation.

Best place to do it would be the official microsoft page (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en).

Seonor
2011-03-03, 04:19 PM
You need Windows Vista or 7 for Just Cause 2 since it only runs with Direct X 10 on the PC.* If you still have XP (or something older) you are out of luck because those can only use Direct X 9.0c.
Otherwise make sure your system is running with the latest drivers and Direct X versions. Direct X can be found on the Microsoft homepage.

*Which is quite annoying since it also runs on the xbox, and that thing has only Direct X 9.