PDA

View Full Version : [Base Class] I Am the Shepherd, My People Are My Flock (P.E.A.C.H.)

unosarta
2011-03-03, 07:24 PM
The Priest

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/280/2/8/priest_by_hgjart-d30943v.jpg

”I watch the sun in the sky. I watch the winds that tear down our homes. I watch the absolute chaos that tears, and the absolute law that constricts. I watch the death of my people, and I watch the destruction of our land. I watch the earth that we live on, and I watch the evils committed upon it. I watch the fires that burn for us, and I watch the good that my people have. I watch the healing that they make, and I watch as they gain knowledge. I watch as their luck waxes and wanes, and I watch as magic overrides their flow. I watch as the plants around them are used to feed, and I watch as protections are made. I watch the strength my people, and I travel among them. I watch the trickery of our enemies. I watch the war that they bring. I watch the water, which brings both life and death.

I watch, my people. I watch, my country. I watch, my gods.

For if our gods will not be an example to us, who will?”

She-Who-Smells-the-Wind, Taroh priest of the Mother Eye.

Adventures: Priests adventure in order to gain power and devotion for their god. They adventure in order to gain knowledge, understanding of the universe, understanding of themselves. Priests often have faith in their gods, but most tend to have less faith in themselves.

Characteristics: Priests tend to be more plural. They work very well with most anyone, minus any number of complete enemies of their god/s. Priests have most of their abilities tied to having others around them, and Priests tend to draw confidence, if not power, from the faith of their allies.

Alignment: Priests can be of any alignment, and are not predisposed to good, law, chaos, or evil. They must be within one step of their god on each axis (E.G., a Priest of Gruumsh could be Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, or True Neutral. They may not be good or chaotic.)

Religion: Worship is a major part of every priest’s life. They live in worship, they breathe the worship around them, and drench themselves in faith. Religion is generally going to be the most important thing in any Priest’s life. Priests can come from any god.

Background: Priests come from literally all backgrounds and all races. Priests might be clerically trained, and cloistered, but many are singular witchdoctors or tribal shamans. Some may be wandering holy men, and some are abbots.

Races: Any race that worships or hold some ideal in highest esteem can have Priests. They do not even necessarily have to worship a god, but need only hold some ideal or idea in so great esteem so as to almost worship it.

Other Classes: Priests can deal well with most any class at all, based solely on class. Racial tensions being what they are, races are of course going to dislike each other, but the Priest class itself rarely has any actual enemies.

Role: Priests can play quite a few roles. They can buff, heal, damage, battlefield control, party face, manipulator. The Priest tends to be more combat focused, but given the wide variety of domains and spells, the Priest can truly be many, many roles.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/053/8/5/Bird_Priest_by_ursulav.jpg

Abilities: The Priest’s most important ability score is their casting ability score, followed by Dexterity and Constitution. Dexterity is necessary for the use of some Domain Powers, and for the Priest’s armor class. Constitution is a boon to all characters, and one of the few ability scores that actively increases the Mage’s survivability. Strength is important for Smite the Non-Believer.
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d6

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/105/a/1/Liche_Priest_by_daarken.jpg

Class Skills: The Priest’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (all) (Int), Profession (Wis), Speak Language, and Spellcraft (Int).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Intelligence modifier)*4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Intelligence modifier

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs16/i/2007/164/f/2/WoW___Priest_Tier_6_by_sypri.jpg

The Priest
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|By Will Word or Wit, Domains|5|2|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Smite the Non-Believer 1/Encounter|5|3|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Domain Power (First)|5|3|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Detect Follower|5|3|2|-|-|-|-|-

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Smite the Non-Believer 2/Encounter|6|3|3|-|-|-|-|-

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Extra Domain|6|4|3|-|-|-|-

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|Domain Power (Second)|6|4|3|2|-|-|-|-

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+2|
+6|Smite the Non-Believer 3/Encounter|6|4|4|3|-|-|-|-|-|-

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+3|
+6|Boost Follower|6|4|4|3|-|-|-|-

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+3|
+7|--|6|4|4|3|2|-|-|-

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+3|
+7|Smite the Non-Believer 4/Encounter, Domain Power (Third)|7|5|4|4|3|-|-|-

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+4|
+8|Extra Domain|7|5|4|4|3|-|-|-

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+4|
+8|--|7|5|5|4|3|2|-|-

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+4|
+9|Smite the Non-Believer 5/Encounter|7|5|5|4|4|3|-|-

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+9|Domain Power (Fourth)|7|5|5|4|4|3|-|-

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+10|--|7|5|5|5|4|3|2|-

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+10|Smite the Non-Believer 6/Encounter|8|6|5|5|4|4|3|-

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+11|Extra Domain|8|6|5|5|4|4|3|-

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|Domain Power (Fifth)|8|6|6|5|5|4|3|2

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+12|Smite the Non-Believer 7/Encounter, Divine Mastery|8|6|6|5|5|4|4|3[/table]

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/233/5/d/Priest_of_the_Dragons_by_Lumaris.jpg

Weapon Proficiencies: The Priest is proficient with all simple weapons, and the favored weapon of their god. They are proficient with light armor.

By Will Word or Wit: When the Priest takes their first level in this class, they must choose whether to have their Spellcasting be based off of Intelligence, Charisma, or Wisdom. After making this choice, they may not switch it.

Spellcasting: A Priest casts divine spells which are drawn from his Domain’s spell lists. The Priest may cast any spell that he knows (I.E. he is a spontaneous caster). His spell list is derived solely from his domains. 0th level spells, or Orisons, are the general 0th level spells used by Clerics.

To cast a spell, the Priest must have a casting ability score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Priest’s spell is 10 + 1/2 Caster Level + the Priest’s casting ability modifier. The Priest’s casting ability score is the ability score they chose with the By Will Word or Wit class feature.

Like other spellcasters, the Priest can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on the above table. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high casting ability score.

Domains: At first level, the Priest gains access to three domains that his God grants. If he does not worship a god, then he may only choose two domains, but he is able to choose any of them. The Priest may choose the extra domain/s if his god grants less than three. He also gains the Domain Powers granted by the Domain. If the Priest gains a Devotion feat, he may use it an additional number of times per day equal to 3 + his casting ability score modifier, as if he could turn undead. The Priest cannot turn undead.

Smite the Non-Believer: Starting at second level, the Priest may smite an opponent within 15 feet as a swift action, once per encounter. The Priest may make a melee touch attack against that opponent (regardless of range), and deal his weapon damage plus 1d6 damage per four priest levels he possesses (minimum +1d6). He gains a bonus on the touch attack equal to his casting ability score modifier. At twelfth level, the Priest may spend a standard action in order to do this as a full attack against one opponent, with all the previously mentioned bonuses. He must spend a use per encounter for every attack made in said full attack. If the opponent worships the same god as the Priest, the attack deals no damage.

Domain Power (Su): Starting at third level, the Priest gains access to additional powers based on his domains (See; Domain Powers section).

Detect Follower (Su): Starting at fourth level, the Priest may automatically know the religion of any person they study. Studying a target to find out their religion is a standard action. A target that is under the effects of the Undetectable Alignment spell is similarly blocked to the detection of their religion.

Extra Domain: Starting at sixth level, the Priest gains access to an additional domain, including spells and the domain power. He also gains access to the Domain Powers granted from this class, but as a Priest equal to his Level minus 6. He gains access to an additional Domain at twelfth level, and gains the domain power, and gains access to the Domain Powers as a Priest of his level minus twelve. He gains access to an additional Domain at eighteenth level, with the domain power, and gains access to the Domain Powers as a Priest of his level minus eighteen.

Boost Follower (Su): Starting at ninth level, the Priest may empower a follower of an allied religion, granting them a spell as a standard action. Any ally that worships a god that has the same domain as the domain of the shared spell may be so empowered. The Priest expends a spell slot of the appropriate level, and one ally within 30 feet gains use of a spell of the appropriate level from an appropriate domain. They may cast it as a standard action (or the full casting time of the spell, whichever is longer), and use the Priest’s caster level for the effect. A creature may only hold the spell in for up to a minute per Priest level the Priest possesses, and after that period, the spell fades. After casting the spell, the empowered ally can no longer cast the spell until again empowered. The Priest may only use this ability once per encounter, but any number of times outside of combat. If the target does not worship a religion, they may not be empowered in this way.

Divine Mastery (Sp): Starting at level twenty, the Priest may call upon his god and receive answer. He asks for miracles, and his god delivers. He may, once per day as a 10 minute ritual, cast the Miracle spell. He may not choose to cast a lower level spell with this effect. He may not create any material goods with this ability. He must still pay any material or experience components of the spell.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/189/6/5/Trickster_Priest_by_pu_sama.jpg

unosarta
2011-03-03, 07:26 PM
Domain Powers

Uses of Domain powers are shared by all domains. This means that, if one wanted to use a per Encounter ability from a Domain, they may not use other per Encounter abilities from other Domains in the same encounter as using that one. The only exception to this rule are the Fourth rank Domain powers, which use a shared resource among all Domains, Smite the Non-Believer uses per encounter.

AirFirst: The Priest gains a dodge bonus to Armor Class equal to 1/5 his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: The Priest may, as a full round action, once per encounter, cast the Wind Wall spell. Any creature that attempts to go past the wall must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or be Checked. His caster level for this effect is equal to his Priest levels.

Third: The Priest is surrounded with roiling, violent winds. If a target misses a melee attack against the Priest that target is pushed back 5 feet away from the Priest.

Fourth: The Priest may, as a standard action, spend a Smite attempt for the encounter, and push an opponent within 30 feet back 20 feet. That target may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) in order to halve the distance. If the target is pushed up against a wall or other imovabile object, that target takes 1d6 damage per five feet not pushed.

Fifth: The Priest may, as a full round action, once per day, cast the Control Winds spell. He may automatically make the winds at Tornado strength winds. All opponents within the area of the effect take 2d6 damage per round that they remain in the winds, while they are at tornado strength.

AnimalUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Survival and Handle Animal to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains Scent, and a bonus to Survival equal to 1/5 his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: The Priest may, as a swift action once per encounter, gain two claw attacks and a bite attack. The claw attacks are primary, and the bite is a secondary natural weapon. The Priest is proficient with the natural weapons. The claws deal 1d6 damage per claw, and the bite deals 1d4 damage. The Priest may add his casting ability score modifier instead of Strength or Dexterity on the attack and damage rolls. He also gains a bonus to all attack and damage rolls made with the claws and bite equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels. He may use his Smite the Non-Believer ability do deal damage with these claws. The effect lasts 4 rounds.

Third: The Priest gains a +2 bonus to all damage rolls against a target every time he successfully hits that target and deals damage. This damage stacks with itself.

Fourth: The Priest may, as a standard action by spending a smite attempt per encounter, move a distance equal to his base movement speed and make a full attack. He gains one extra attack at his highest base attack bonus. All attacks in this full attack gain a bonus on the attack roll equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fifth: The Priest may, as a standard action once per day, shift into an animal. He gains the size, type, ability scores, movement speeds, extraordinary abilities, and skill bonuses of the animal that the Priest shifted into. He remains so shifted for 1 hour, or, if he is in an encounter at the time of the shift, until the end of the encounter.

ArtificeFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all Craft skills equal to 1/5 his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: The Priest may, as a standard action once per encounter, animate objects to attack his opponents. He casts the Animate Objects spell, but the spell effects gain additional effects. If the objects are used to attack, they use the Priest’s attack bonus, and deal a number of damage depending on the size of the object.
{table=head]Size|Damage

Small or smaller|1d6 damage per object

Medium|2d6 damage per object

Large|3d6 damage per object

Huge|5d6 damage per object

Gargantuan|8d6 damage per object

Colossal|13d6 damage per object[/table]

Third: The Priest’s skin becomes plated in steel. He gains damage reduction equal to his casting ability score modifier, bypassed by adamantine weapons.

Fourth: The Priest may, as a standard action by spending a smite attempt for the encounter, heal a construct or nonliving item within 30 feet for a number of hit points equal to the Priests casting ability score modifier d6.

Fifth: The Priest may summon an Animated Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/animatedObject.htm), of any material that does not cost more than 10 gold pieces per pound. The objects last for 5d4 minutes, or until the end of the encounter.

ChaosUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Bluff to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to all Bluff checks equal to 1/5 his Priest levels.

Second: The Priest may, as a standard action, once per encounter, force a target to re-roll a skill check, attack roll, damage roll, or saving throw, with a penalty to the roll equal to 1/5 of the Priest’s Priest levels. The target of this ability must take the lower result.

Third: The Priest rolls a d6 at the start of each encounter. He gains a bonus to a different effect depending on the result of the roll, for the duration of the encounter:
{table=head]Result|Bonus

1|Attack Rolls

2|Damage Rolls

3|Armor Class

4|Saving Throws

5|Combat Maneuvers

6|Reroll twice-- ignore double results and 6s[/table]

The bonus size is equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: The Priest may, as a standard action by spending a smite per encounter, roll a d6 and grant an ally within 30 feet a bonus from the above table, with the duration being one round, and the bonus being equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier.

Fifth: The Priest may as a full round action, once per day, cause a target within 30 feet to go permanently Insane, as the spell. The target gets a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) in order to reduce the effect. If they make their save, they are affected by the Confusion spell.

CharmFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all Diplomacy checks equal to 1/5 his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: The Priest may, once per encounter as a full round action, make a diplomacy check against a target within hearing range without taking one minute. He takes no penalty for this action.

Third: Creatures who have never met the Priest and who have no predisposition against him personally automatically start out as Indifferent towards him. If they have a predisposition in favor of him because of class or race, they automatically start out as friendly.

Fourth: The Priest may as a swift action, by spending a smite per encounter, Charm an opponent within 30 feet. This is as the Charm Monster spell. The Priest may only affect one monster per encounter in this way.

Fifth: The Priest may once per day, as a full round action, cast the Dominate Monster spell on a target within 30 feet, except that it lasts for only 2 hours.

CommunityUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Sense Motive to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to all Sense Motive checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest can touch a creature as a standard action to heal it of 1d6 points of nonlethal damage per Priest level. This touch also removes the fatigued, shaken, and sickened conditions (but has no effect on more severe conditions).

Third: Whenever a spell or effect targets one or more allies within 30 feet, the Priest can allow his allies to use his saving throw against the effect in place of their own as an immediate action. Each ally must decide individually before the rolls are made.

Fourth: The Priest may, by spending a smite per encounter, heal all allies within 30 feet for a number of damage equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier. He may only do this once per encounter.

Fifth: The Priest may once per day, as a full round action, create a telepathic bond to all allies within 30 feet, as the Telepathic Bond spell, but among any number of creatures. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter if it was used in combat, or for 30 minutes, if used outside of combat. Your allies gain a +2 to damage when flanking an enemy per ally flanking that enemy. They gain a bonus to Armor Class equal to 2 times the number of allies within 10 feet of themselves.

DarknessUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Spot to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to all Spot checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may grant an ally a 25% miss chance for 3 rounds.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus to attack rolls while in magical or non-magical darkness equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, cause a ten foot by ten foot cube to go completely black, in complete darkness.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may blind one target within 30 feet. That target must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier), or be permanently blinded. If they make the save, they are blinded for 4 rounds.

DeathFirst: The Priest gains Rebuke Undead as a cleric of his Priest level. He may use this a number of times per day equal to 3 + his casting ability score modifier, minimum one.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may execute a target who has only 25% of their total hit points remaining. They make a melee attack against that target, and the target takes three times as much damage for the attack. Any creature killed this way rises up as a skeleton 1d4 rounds later, under the control of the Priest.

Third: Any creature the Priest kills returns 1d4 rounds later as a zombie. He must spend a Rebuke Undead use or cast the Control Dead spell in order to control them. He may choose not to create a zombie in this way by consecrating the corpse after it is killed, as a move action.

Fourth: By spending a smite attempt per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, make a melee attack against a target within melee range. That target begins bleeding, and takes 1d6 damage per round until the end of the encounter, or until they have a DC 20 heal check made on the wound. Multiple uses against a single target makes the target take an additional 1d6 damage per round, and increases the heal DC by 2 per 1d6 above 1d6 the damage per round is.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, force a single target within 30 feet to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier), or die. If they make the save, they take 2d6 Constitution damage. If they are immune to constitution damage, they take 10d6 damage.

DestructionFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all attack rolls equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as a swift action, increase any damage an ally within 30 feet deals by a number equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier for 3 rounds. The Priest may not target himself in this way.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus to all damage rolls made against a target with less than or equal to half of their total health remaining equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may make a melee attack to a target within 30 feet of himself. If he hits, his melee attack itself deals no damage, but the target is effected as if by the Disintegrate spell. The Priest’s caster level for this effect is equal to one half of his Priest levels.

Fifth: Once per day. the Priest may cause a minor earthquake, centered on himself, as a full round action. All creatures within 40 feet of the Priest must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or be knocked prone. All terrain in that 40 foot radius becomes difficult terrain.

EarthFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to his Armor class when touching the ground equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, as a swift action, the Priest may gain a dig speed equal to one half of his base land speed. This effect lasts for 3 rounds.

Third: The Priest gains Damage Reduction equal to his casting ability score modifier, bypassed by Adamantine weapons.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter as an immediate action, the Priest may cast the Stone Shape spell. His caster level for this effect is equal to his Priest level.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may send a barrage of stones at a target. As a full round action, the Priest may shoot stones at a target, with enough force to punch through armor. The Priest makes a number of ranged attacks against a target within 60 feet equal to his base attack bonus divided by three. They are all made at his highest attack bonus, and they each deal a number of damage equal to 2d6 + the Priest’s casting ability score modifier.

EvilFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all attack and damage rolls against good creatures equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may make a ranged touch attack against a target within 30 feet. If he hits, that target is Sickened, and counts as Good for the purposes of the Priest’s spells and abilities until the end of the encounter.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus to caster level for spells and effects made against a good target equal to ⅓ of his casting ability score modifier, rounded down.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, make a single melee attack against a good target within melee range. That target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds. If they make the save, they are Nauseated for 2 rounds. Creatures who have had this used on them may not be so affected again, even if they make their save, for 24 hours.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, instantly kill a good creature within 30 feet of him. That target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or die. If they make the save, they take 2d6 Constitution damage. If they are immune to Constitution damage, they take 10d6 damage.

FireFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all damage rolls equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as a swift action, cause his target to become vulnerable to fire and heat. One target within 30 feet reduces their fire resistance by a number equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier. They also take an additional 2d6 fire damage each time they take fire damage.

Third: The Priest gains fire resistance equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, make a ranged touch attack to deal a number of damage equal to his casting ability score modifier d6 fire damage to a single target within 30 feet.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may create a veritable supernova as a full round action. He blasts forth fire, and all creatures within 30 feet of him take 1d6 damage per Priest level he possesses. Creatures affected by this blast of fire may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier), for half damage. All creatures that take damage in this way are Dazed for one round.

GloryFirst: The Priest grants all allies within 30 feet a bonus to all attack rolls equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, cast the Sanctuary spell, centered on himself. The save for this effect is equal to (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier). If an opponent make their save, they take 3d6 damage every time they successfully deal damage to one of the Priest’s allies.

Third: The Priest grants all allies within 30 feet a bonus to Armor Class equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, boost the morale of his allies. One ally within 30 feet of the Priest gain a +6 bonus to all ability scores (the Priest cannot be so affected), and a +3 bonus to all checks, rolls and saves. This effect lasts for 1 round.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may grant an ally new life. As a standard action, the Priest may grant one ally an extra Standard, Move and Swift action, to be used as they see fit.

GluttonyFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all saves made to resist Poisons, and a bonus to all Strength or Dexterity checks made to initiate a grapple equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may increase his weight and mass incredibly. He gains Damage Reduction 7/Piercing, and Fast Healing equal to his Casting ability score modifier, for up to 3 rounds.

Third: The Priest gains a Bite attack, which deals 1d6 damage, plus his Strength modifier. The Priest gains a bonus to the attack roll equal to his Casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as an attack action, make a melee attack with his Bite attack. If he hits, he gains a +1 bonus to all Damage rolls for the next 2 rounds, and heals 2d6 damage. The bonus stacks with itself, but does not refresh the duration.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, go into a towering, all encompassing, starving rage. He gains a +8 Enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution, and he gains two size categories. During that time, he gains the Swallow Whole ability. Any time the Priest swallows a creature whole, he heals 4d6 damage, and gains a +1 bonus to his Strength score (stacks with the original bonus). This effect lasts for 10 minutes, or until the end of the encounter, whichever comes first.

GoodFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all attack and damage rolls made against evil creatures equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may make a melee attack against a target, and if it hits, the target is Dazzled, and the target counts as Evil for the purposes of your spells and effects. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus to caster level for spells and effects made against an evil target equal to ⅓ of his casting ability score modifier, rounded down.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, make a single melee attack against an evil target within melee range. That target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds. If they make the save, they are Nauseated for 2 rounds. Creatures who have had this used on them may not be so affected again, even if they make their save, for 24 hours.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, instantly kill an evil creature within 30 feet of him. That target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or die. If they make the save, they take 2d6 Constitution damage. If they are immune to Constitution damage, they take 10d6 damage.

HealingFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all Heal checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may fill an opponent with a positiver energy seed as a move action, causing all melee attacks against that opponent made by your allies to heal the individual attacker for 2d6 damage. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter.

Third: Every time the Priest heals a friendly target, he heals an additional number of hit points equal to his casting ability score.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may create a layer of positive energy over an ally within 30 feet’s weapon as a swift action, causing the next attack that that ally makes to heal him for 4d6 damage. Multiple uses on a single ally’s weapon causes it to heal him for an additional 4d6 on the melee attack.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, heal all allies within 30 feet for a number of damage equal to his casting ability modifier d6 damage.

IceUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Balance to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to all Balance checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as a swift action, cause his target to become vulnerable to cold and frost. One target within 30 feet reduces their Cold resistance by a number equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier. They also take an additional 2d6 cold damage each time they take cold damage.

Third: The Priest gains cold resistance equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, make a ranged touch attack to deal a number of damage equal to his casting ability score modifier d6 cold damage to a single target within 30 feet.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may create an explosion of ice as a full round action. He blasts forth cold, and all creatures within 30 feet of him take 1d6 damage cold per Priest level he possesses. Creatures affected by this blast of frost may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier), for half damage. All creatures that take damage in this way are Slowed for one round.

KnowledgeFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to one type of Knowledge check equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1. He may change the type of Knowledge check as a full round action.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as an immediate action, make a Knowledge check against an opponent within 30 feet, with a DC equal to 5 + the opponent’s Hit Dice, and know their Hit Points, saves, special abilities, special qualities, feats and skills. Once this is attempted against an opponent, that opponent is immune to the effect for twenty four hours.

Third: The Priest gains the effects of the Knowledge Devotion feat.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may cast the Clairaudience/Clairvoyance spells as an immediate action.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may use the Legend Lore spell as a move action. He need not have a material component normally associated with the spell, and he gains the knowledge immediately.

LawFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all attack and damage rolls made against Chaotic opponents equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may make a ranged touch attack against a target within 30 feet. If he hits, that target is Cowering, and counts as Chaotic for the purposes of the Priest’s spells and abilities until the end of the encounter.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus to caster level for spells and effects made against a Chaotic target equal to ⅓ of his casting ability score modifier, rounded down.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, make a single melee attack against a Chaotic target within melee range. That target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds. If they make the save, they are Panicked for 2 rounds. Creatures who have had this used on them may not be so affected again, even if they make their save, for 24 hours.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, instantly kill a Chaotic creature within 30 feet of him. That target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or die. If they make the save, they take 2d6 Constitution damage. If they are immune to Constitution damage, they take 10d6 damage.

LiberationUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Escape Artist to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to Escape Artist checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may create an aura that makes all allies (besides the Priest) within 30 feet of the Priest immune to confused, grappled, frightened, panicked, paralyzed, pinned, or shaken conditions, as a standard action. This aura lasts for 2 rounds.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus to all Fortitude, Reflex, or Will saves for the purpose of avoiding or getting out of effects that limit the Priest’s actions, limit the Priest’s movement, or grant the Priest a penalty in some way equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may remove a confused, grappled, frightened, panicked, paralyzed, pinned, or shaken condition that affects one ally within 30 feet as an immediate action.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may gain the effects of the Freedom of Movement spell until the end of the encounter as an immediate action.

LifeFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to Heal checks equal to 1/5 his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may remove all status conditions from one ally (not including himself) within 30 feet of him, as a standard action.

Third: The Priest gains a fast healing equal to his casting ability score modifier, and restores a number of ability damage per minute equal to his casting ability score modifier, divided between his ability scores as he sees fit.

Fourth: By spending a smite attempt per encounter, the Priest may make a melee attack against one target within melee distance, and if he hits, the attack deals no damage, but the Priest may move one status condition currently affecting himself or one ally within 30 feet to that creature. If the creature is immune to the effect, the status condition dissipates.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may restore one ally within 30 feet to life for a number of rounds equal to his casting ability score modifier, as a full round action. For that duration, the target gains an extra standard, move and swift action per round, in addition to his normal actions, and gains a bonus to all rolls, checks, attacks, and saves equal to the Priest's casting ability score modifier. After the period of living, the target returns to death.

LuckUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Hide and Move Silently to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may force a target to reroll all rolls they make, for the next three rounds, as a standard action. Every time that target makes a roll, save, or check, he must roll twice, and take the lower roll.

Third: Every time the Priest rolls a saving throw, skill, or ability check, he rolls twice and takes the higher roll. He may only roll twice once per round.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as an immediate action, force a target to re-roll a save, check, or roll that they made, with a -4 penalty to the new roll. They must take the lower result.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may curse an opponent within 30 feet with unluck, as a full round action. That target must roll twice every time they make a check, roll, or save, and take the lower result. This effect is permanent, but can be removed with the Remove Curse, Lesser Wish, Wish, or Miracle spells.

MadnessUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Disguise to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to all Disguise checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may force a target within 30 feet to become confused for 3 rounds, as an immediate action. That target may make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) in order to avoid the effect, but if they make the save, they take 1d4 Wisdom damage.

Third: Every round, the Priest must choose one of the following: Attack rolls, Armor Class, damage, skill checks, or saves. He gains a bonus to the roll chosen equal to his casting ability score modifier, and takes a -3 penalty to all the others. He may never choose the same option two turns in a row.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, deal 1d6 Wisdom damage to one target within 30 feet of himself. If the target is immune to Wisdom damage, they take 4d6 damage. He may not use this ability on one creature more than once per day.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, cause one target to go permanently Insane, as the Insanity spell. The target is allowed a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) in order to avoid the effect, but if they do, they take 2d6 Wisdom damage. If they are immune to Wisdom damage, they take 8d6 damage.

MagicFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all Spellcraft and Knowledge (Arcana) checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may subtly change the target of a spell as an immediate action. He may change the target to any legal target within range of the spell that he chooses.

Third: All allies within 30 feet of the Priest besides the Priest himself gain a +3 bonus to their caster level.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may cast Dispel Magic as an immediate action.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may cast the Antimagic Field spell as a full round action, centered on the square that it is cast in. Instead of being in blocks, it affects everything within 30 feet of the square that the Priest cast the spell from. The Priest is immune to the effects of this ability.

NobilityFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all Knowledge (Nobility) and Diplomacy checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may grant all creatures within 30 feet a +2 bonus to all saves, checks, and rolls as a move action. The bonus lasts 3 rounds.

Third: The Priest gain the effect of the Leadership feat. His cohort may never possess more than half of the Priest’s Priest levels in hit dice.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may grant a single ally within 30 feet a bonus to all save, checks and rolls equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, grant all allies within 30 feet an additional move action.

PlantFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all Knowledge (Nature) checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as an immediate action, gain the anatomy of a plant. He gains plant traits for 2 rounds.

Third: The Priest gains medium fortification.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may cast the Plant Growth spell as an immediate action.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, summon plant tentacles. This effect is the same as the Black Tentacles spell, and the Priest’s caster level for this effect is equal to his Priest levels.

ProtectionFirst: The Priest gains a natural armor bonus equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may grant all allies within 30 feet temporary hit points equal to his casting ability score modifier. Whenever these temporary hit points are completely used up, the character who possesses them heals himself for 1d6 damage.

Third: The Priest gains damage reduction equal to his casting ability score modifier, which is bypassed by mithril weapons.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may grant one ally within 30 feet damage reduction equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier, which cannot be bypassed, for one round.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may grant all allies within 30 feet the effects of the Globe of Invulnerability spell, with a caster level equal to the Priest’s Priest level, for 3 rounds, as a full round action.

ReposeFirst: The Priest gains Turn Undead as a cleric of his Priest levels. He may use this a number of times per day equal to 3 + his casting ability score modifier, minimum one.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may remove one energy drain, negative level, or death effect on a target within 30 feet as an immediate action. If a target who has been killed by a death effect is targeted in this way, they instantly come back to life with the statistics they possessed the round before dying from the death effect.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus on all attack and damage rolls made against undead equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may make a ranged touch attack against an opponent within 30 feet, as a standard action. That target takes a number of damage equal to 1/2 of his casting ability score modifier d6. If the opponent is undead, they take twice as much damage from this effect.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a full round action, destroy all undead around him. All undead within 30 feet must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or be instantly destroyed. If they make the save, the undead take 5d6 damage, and are incapacitated for 3 rounds.

RuneUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Decipher Script and Forgery to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to all Decipher Script and Forgery checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may create a rune of healing as a standard action. It occupies a five foot space, and any ally that enters that space triggers the rune, healing them for an amount equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier. An ally may only gain the healing once per turn. This rune is not consumed upon activation, and lasts for 3 rounds. The rune is invisible to any the Priest chooses not to be able to see it.

Third: The Priest may piggyback spells onto runes. Whenever he casts a spell of the Rune domain, and the spell is able to be activated with a certain action or command, he may cast another spell as a free action. That spell has no effect, but when the Rune domain spell activates, it casts the spell upon the closest creature within 5 feet, or the activator.

Fourth: By spending a smite attempt, the Priest can create a blast rune that occupies a five foot space within 40 feet, as a swift action. The rune is invisible to any the Priest chooses not to be able to see it. Any creature that enters the rune’s space sets the rune off, dealing 1d6 damage per three Priest levels the Priest possesses. The rune is immediately consumed in this way. The Priest may not stack multiple runes on top of each other. He may not place a rune in an area that is currently occupied by an enemy or creature. The runes last until the end of the encounter.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may create a rune of death, as a standard action. It occupies a 10 foot square, and the rune is invisible to any the Priest chooses not to be able to see it. Any creature that enters the space must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or die. If they make the save, they take 2d6 Constitution damage. If they are immune to Constitution damage, they take 10d6 damage. Any creature that makes the save is immune to this effect for 24 hours.

ScalykindFirst: The Priest gains bonus to all social skills involving Dragons, Dragonblooded
or Half-dragon individual equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, grant flight to one ally within 30 feet (not including himself). That ally may fly with a speed equal to their base land speed, and with a maneuverability of average.

Third: The Priest gains natural armor equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may breathe a blast of energy, as a standard action. He creates a 40 foot cone that deals 7d6 damage of one energy type (Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic) to all creatures in the cone. Any creature who would take damage in this way may attempt a reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) for half damage.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may turn into a dragon, as a full round action. This functions exactly as the Polymorph spell, but the Priest may only change forms into a dragon. His age category is as if he were a dragon of his hit dice. He does not gain the spells that the dragon possesses, but he gains any Supernatural and Extraordinary abilities that the dragon possesses. He remains in dragon form for 1 minutes, or until the end of the encounter if he is in combat, whichever comes first.

StrengthFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all Strength checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may, as a standard action, gain a bonus to his Strength score equal to his casting ability score modifier, for 4 rounds.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus on all opposed strength checks equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may make an opposed strength check with an opponent grappling him, as an immediate action. If he succeeds, he automatically breaks out of the grapple, and the opponent takes damage equal to the Priest’s strength check result.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may, as a standard action, make a Strength check equal with a DC of (10 + 1/2 his hit dice). If he succeeds, he loses all status conditions that affected him.

SunUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Sense Motive to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to Sense Motive checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may create a great nimbus of light, as a standard action. The area within 30 feet of the Priest is illuminated as the Daylight spell, and all undead in the area take damage equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier each round that they remain within the area. Spells and spell-like abilities with the darkness descriptor are automatically dispelled if brought inside this nimbus. The duration is 3 rounds.

Third: The Priest adds his casting ability score modifier to any damage he deals to undead.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may make a ranged touch attack against an opponent within 30 feet of him as a full round action. If he hits, that target takes his casting ability score modifier d6 damage, half of which is fire damage, half of which is holy damage, which cannot be reduced by resistance or immunity. The damage increases by 3d6 damage if the target is undead.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may empower all light spells he casts or has cast as a full round action. Any light spell that deals no damage and has an area heals all allies within the area for 3d6 damage per round that they remain in the area. His spells are so empowered for the rest of the encounter.

TravelFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all of his movement speeds equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels times five feet, rounded to the nearest number divisible by 5, feet, minimum 5 feet.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may gain a movement speed that he does not possess. His base movement speed in that movement speed is equal to his base land speed.

Third: The Priest gains a bonus to all attack rolls made in the same round that he moves equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may move a distance equal to half of his base land speed as a swift action.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may grant all allies within 30 feet an additional move action on their turns for three rounds, that may only be used for the purposes of movement, as a full round action.

TrickeryUpon taking this domain, the Priest adds Sleight of Hand to his Skill list.

First: The Priest gains a bonus to all Sleight of Hand checks equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may create an illusory double of himself, as a move action. This functions as the Mirror Image spell, and lasts for 5 rounds. This ability does not stack with the Mirror Image spell.

Third: The Priest gains an additional bonus to the DC of any illusion spell he casts equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may move between any Illusions as a move action. He may move to any Illusion that he has created that is within 30 feet of himself. If two illusions are within 60 feet of each other, and one is within 30 feet of him, he may teleport to the farther illusion.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may cast the Veil spell as a 10 minute ritual, lasting for 2 hours.

WarFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to all attack rolls equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, minimum +1.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may paralyze a target with a strike as a standard action. He makes a melee attack against a target within melee range, and if he hits, the target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or be paralyzed for 2 rounds. If the target makes their save, they are dazed for one round.

Third: Whenever the Priest is attacking a target who has dealt at least 5% of the Priest’s hit points in damage to the Priest, he deals an additional amount of damage equal to his casting ability score modifier.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may deal an overhand blow against a target as a standard action. He adds his casting ability score modifier to the attack and damage rolls, and the damage is doubled.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may instantly kill an opponent with a strike, as a full round action. He makes a melee attack against a target within melee range, and if he hits, that target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) or die. If they survive, they take 2d6 constitution damage. If they are immune to Constitution damage, they take 10d6 damage.

WaterFirst: The Priest gains Damage Reduction equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels, bypassed by Piercing damage.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may summon a vast quantity of water, as a full round action. He summons (his caster level *5d4) gallons of water, within 5 feet of himself. He may choose to hold the water in a sphere two feet above the ground, instead of letting it go, but cannot move it without the Control Water spell.

Third: The Priest permanently gains the effects of the Water Breathing spell, and becomes immune to drowning.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may shoot a blast of extremely pressurized water at a target, as a standard action. He makes a ranged touch attack against a target within 30 feet, and deals his casting ability score modifier d6 damage against the target if he hits. He must have access to some water, and he uses 5 gallons with this ability, which washes away and evaporates after missing or hitting a target. If the Priest is within an enclosed space, the water coalesces in the body of water from which the Priest drew it, 1d4 rounds after it was shot.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may create a wave of water, as a full round action. It is a 60 foot line attack that deals damage equal to his casting ability score modifier d6 damage to all creatures struck by the line. Any creature that would take damage this way may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Priest levels + casting ability score modifier) for half damage.

WeatherFirst: The Priest gains a bonus to armor class equal to 1/5 of his Priest levels.

Second: Once per encounter, the Priest may cast the Control Winds spell as a full round action.

Third: The Priest negates any electricity damage dealt to him, and instead heals that much damage.

Fourth: By spending a smite per encounter, the Priest may shoot a bolt of lightning at a target within 30 feet as a standard action. He makes a ranged touch attack against a target within 30 feet, and if he hits, the target takes a number of damage equal to half of the Priest’s casting ability score modifier d6 electricity damage.

Fifth: Once per day, the Priest may summon a great, vast storm to ravage his enemies. All creatures within 30 feet of the Priest take damage equal to the Priest’s casting ability score modifier d6 damage per round that they remain in the storm. All terrain in the area of the spell is difficult. The storm lasts until the end of the encounter. The Priest cannot move during this effect.

Ice Domain
Ice Domain
Granted Power: Once per day, as a move action, you may coat a 10 foot by 10 foot square within 30 feet with ice. This functions like the grease spell, with a caster level equal to your cleric level. This effect can be countered by a fire spell cast by a caster with a caster level of equal or higher level than your caster level being cast upon it.

1. Orb of Cold, Lesser*
2. Chill Metal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/chillMetal.htm)
3. Sleet Storm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sleetStorm.htm)
4. Wall of Ice (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wallOfIce.htm)
5. Ice Storm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/iceStorm.htm)
6. Cone of Cold (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/coneOfCold.htm)
7. Freezing Sphere (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/freezingSphere.htm)
8. Polar Ray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polarRay.htm)
9. Burst of Glacial Wrath**

* Complete Arcane
** Dragon Magic

Life DomainLife Domain
Granted Power: You can touch a creature, letting the healing power of your deity flow through you to relieve the creature of a minor condition. Your touch can remove the dazed, fatigued, shaken, sickened, or staggered condition. You choose which condition is removed. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

1. Cure light wounds
2. Lesser restoration
3. Remove disease
4. Restoration
5. Raise dead
6. Mass cure moderate wounds
7. Resurrection
8. Mass cure critical wounds
9. True resurrection

unosarta
2011-03-03, 07:39 PM
An Explanation

This is the holy counterpart of the Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10461008) class I made. The Mage and the Priest are classes meant for a campaign setting I have been slowly working on. The Planes in the setting are strange, and are better described in that thread.

The concept for this class is basically that of a divine caster, like the Cleric. Unlike the cleric, which I personally found to be fairly bland flavor and mechanics wise, the Priest does not have a strange connotation between undead and divine magic. Unless one takes the Sun, Repose, or Death domains, there is really no connection to the undead.

The spell lists for each domain can be found here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains). I understand that some do not like Pathfinder, and that is perfectly fine. if that is so, then they can feel free to use the 3.5 version of the spells. I am linking that site mostly because it has a much more comprehensive list than Core.

Basically, the concept of the Priest is that of a more balanced Cleric.

My Questions For You

Unlike on the Mage, who I actually did intend to be roughly tier three, I am just going to come out here and say that I want this class to be tier three. My question for any reader is, do you think this class is tier three? If not, how do you think I could implement any changes to make it closer to tier three without losing the flavor and basic concept behind the class?

Also, I would love some classic examples of "priests" or "priestly characters" in media, or just as character concepts in general. I am looking for this mostly because I want this class to be able to be played, or made into, as many character concepts as possible. Thus, the "undead-hating, player healing divine caster of Pelor" could be done as a Priest with the Sun, Healing, and Good, or Strength. Later on, he would probably gain the Magic, War, and probably Glory domains, as the Priest levels up.

Also, do you think any features are strangely combined? For instance, I am not too sure, but it almost seems like the Fourth and Second Domain Powers could be switched around, but some of the Fourth domain powers rely on Second domain powers, and I would rather not have to switch the abilities around. Any inconsistencies or spelling errors and grammatical minutae would also be appreciated.

Thank you for reading this class! I really appreciate that you took the time out of your life to pay attention to this. :smallsmile:

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-04, 10:29 AM
At will Miracles strike me as a bit odd and powerful (especially as they are spell-like abilities and thereforee never requires XP costs or anything else like that). As these miracles allow you to do most of your non-combat casting without using spell-slots, it allows the priest to "go nova" in every encounter. Not quite sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing but yeah...

Unless the DM takes special steps to prevent abuse of miracles, this seems like an extremely powerful ability (unless pathfinder nerfed miracle in a huge way but you said that we could use 3.5 spells in our analysis so...)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-04, 11:09 AM
At will Miracles strike me as a bit odd and powerful (especially as they are spell-like abilities and thereforee never requires XP costs or anything else like that). As these miracles allow you to do most of your non-combat casting without using spell-slots, it allows the priest to "go nova" in every encounter. Not quite sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing but yeah...

It does specify that he may not duplicate lower level spells, actually.

That being said, I would like to see this made into a more "epic" ability. Since 9th level spells are cut, this power is...well...incredibly strong. Maybe make it something that doesn't see rote use, and instead becomes a plot point when used: an XP cost, uses/week instead of at will, or some serious sacrifice (temporary negative levels, a hefty chunk of Wisdom damage, and so forth) will make its use less frequent, and more meaningful when it is used.

unosarta
2011-03-04, 02:39 PM
Once per day. Maybe I didn't mention it, but the XP cost remains. I will go an clarify. Did I not say once per day? Caaarp.

Unless the DM takes special steps to prevent abuse of miracles, this seems like an extremely powerful ability (unless pathfinder nerfed miracle in a huge way but you said that we could use 3.5 spells in our analysis so...)
Pathfinder was only for the Domain Spell lists, since the domains for regular 3.5 are woefully underrepresented.

It does specify that he may not duplicate lower level spells, actually.
Yeah. Reading it over again, it doesn't specify a cooldown. It is supposed to be once per day only. I will go clarify.

That being said, I would like to see this made into a more "epic" ability. Since 9th level spells are cut, this power is...well...incredibly strong. Maybe make it something that doesn't see rote use, and instead becomes a plot point when used: an XP cost, uses/week instead of at will, or some serious sacrifice (temporary negative levels, a hefty chunk of Wisdom damage, and so forth) will make its use less frequent, and more meaningful when it is used.
See above.

Dryad
2011-09-18, 06:00 PM
I would recommend scrapping the Miracle. It's really too difficult to balance around, if you ask me, especially with the limited spell access (which I imagine you'll force on all casters in your setting).
Hmmm... With the lack of 8th and 9th lvl spells, I think the spell save DCs might need a little boost.
I also think the Priest should probably have access to a little more spells per day, especially since the last two levels aren't happening. If you want to be focussed on directly offensive spells (or healing), you're going to run out of spells fast at this rate.

unosarta
2011-09-18, 07:05 PM
I would recommend scrapping the Miracle. It's really too difficult to balance around, if you ask me, especially with the limited spell access (which I imagine you'll force on all casters in your setting).
Hmmm... With the lack of 8th and 9th lvl spells, I think the spell save DCs might need a little boost.
I also think the Priest should probably have access to a little more spells per day, especially since the last two levels aren't happening. If you want to be focussed on directly offensive spells (or healing), you're going to run out of spells fast at this rate.

Every caster gets that as their cap-stone. However, the spell cannot grant lower level spells. It should say that explicitly, although I suppose I may have forgotten. This means that the effects are basically limited. However, I understand that the greater effects are pretty powerful, which is part of why the experience point cost is necessary and included.
Maybe I could make the DCs (10 + 1/2 Caster Level + Casting ability score modifier). That would make it much more uniform.
Upping the spell slots could happen, I suppose, although the intention was for them to have only a few spell slots and to use them wisely, so...

Dryad
2011-09-19, 12:58 AM
From D20srd.org:
A miracle can do any of the following things.

Duplicate any cleric spell of 8th level or lower (including spells to which you have access because of your domains).
Duplicate any other spell of 7th level or lower.
Undo the harmful effects of certain spells, such as feeblemind or insanity.
Have any effect whose power level is in line with the above effects.
If the miracle has any of the above effects, casting it has no experience point cost. (Is this in or out of the question? Would that be considered a spell?)

Alternatively, a cleric can make a very powerful request. Casting such a miracle costs the cleric 5,000 XP because of the powerful divine energies involved. Examples of especially powerful miracles of this sort could include the following.

Swinging the tide of a battle in your favor by raising fallen allies to continue fighting. (Rather vague, really. Is it merely an I-win button? Who would even consider allowing auto-win?)
Moving you and your allies, with all your and their gear, from one plane to another through planar barriers to a specific locale with no chance of error. (This is basically a duplication of a perfect teleportation spell.)
Protecting a city from an earthquake, volcanic eruption, flood, or other major natural disaster. (Just like that? Again; it's a bit vague, and if you can do this, then why wouldn't you be able to do the exact opposite, like raining down fire on a city or something?)
In any event, a request that is out of line with the deity’s (or alignment’s) nature is refused.

A duplicated spell allows saving throws and spell resistance as normal, but the save DCs are as for a 9th-level spell. When a miracle duplicates a spell that has an XP cost, you must pay that cost. When a miracle spell duplicates a spell with a material component that costs more than 100 gp, you must provide that component.

As you can see, it's not really all that clear what you can and cannot do through the spell Miracle (or Wish). It's all a bit hazy, and most definitely puts the class at t1 in terms of power and versatility, because by the descriptor, this spell could do ANYTHING that is in line with the deity's alignment. 1/Day isn't too much of a limitation, because with clever phrasing, you can have your Miracle trigger a domino-landslide.

It's nice that all casters should get this capstone, but honestly: The spell is pretty broken, and very badly designed.

unosarta
2011-09-19, 06:51 PM
Hm, excellent point. The Planar Mage capstone is Limited Wish. Would a Divine version of that be balanced?

Yitzi
2011-09-19, 07:01 PM
As you can see, it's not really all that clear what you can and cannot do through the spell Miracle (or Wish). It's all a bit hazy, and most definitely puts the class at t1 in terms of power and versatility, because by the descriptor, this spell could do ANYTHING that is in line with the deity's alignment.

Not at all; it could do anything which is in line with the deity's alignment and which the DM judges to not be too powerful.

NosferatuZodd
2011-09-19, 09:40 PM
Could you do some domain powers for the Gluttony domain?

unosarta
2011-09-19, 10:45 PM
Could you do some domain powers for the Gluttony domain?

I would love to. Could you tell me the source for the Gluttony domain? I am not sure what source it is from.

[Edit]: Found the source, Gluttony domain has domain powers as of now. Now I just need to do Ice...