PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to Undermountain

wade wilson
2011-03-03, 11:27 PM
In the early morning, earthquakes rock the city of Waterdeep. There is confusion and panic, and the city guard barely manages to keep peace. Many have strange visions of halls filled with treasure, strange creatures, and above all, the face of the mad archmage. Along with these visions comes a burning desire to set right whatever has gone wrong, and something has gone wrong. You can feel it in your bones. There are many attempting to enter the Undermountain, and most go through the Inn of the Yawning Portal, which is where you now find yourselves. You sit in a side room around a table with several other like-minded adventurers who you've recently met. Introduce yourselves over your cups of ale, and we can begin...

Vladislav
2011-03-04, 12:06 PM
Gormil

An armored dwarf, axe resting by his side, pushes his beer mug aside. Huh. And they call that beer. Could barely pass for mouthwash back at the Iron Mountains

Having thus declined his beverage, he stands up, being not much taller than he was seated. 'Tis a punishment from The Creator, I tell ya. Folk become lazy and sinful, and He shook the foundations of the earth ta remind us what's what. He says to no one in particular.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-04, 01:52 PM
"Earth shake? Grulk not like earth shake. Metal man say rafth shake coming?" says a thickly built half-orc nearby.

Nixed
2011-03-04, 02:06 PM
"Beer flavored mouthwash explains a lot." The young man offers the dwarf a playful grin as he sits back down taking a sip of something a bit stronger.

"Well there boys, looks like we're all lookin to take up the explorer life eh?"

King Tius
2011-03-04, 11:04 PM
A young gnome stands on his seat so as to see the others better. His blue spiked hair occasionally let's off a tiny flash and a small hiss of smoke from a spark.

"It wasn't no god, it was crazy Halaster! I haven't been able to sleep without seeing his face laughing in my head. I say we go under the mountain and give him the what-for! Maybe then I'll be able to get some decent shuteye. Besides, I'm sure he's got all manners of goodies down there."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-04, 11:30 PM
"Goodies? Grulk like goodies, Grulk's favorite is candies." then with slightly pensive look "Grulk also like cake."

Vladislav
2011-03-07, 12:32 PM
Taking the explorer life? Going under the mountain? I've been under the mountain. Believe me, it's a dangerous place, fraught with mortal dangers, with naught but the power of your faith and the will of Moradin to protect you. Forgetfully, Gormil takes another swig of beer, then pushes the mug even further away. Oh, how much I'd like to go back there!

Nixed
2011-03-07, 04:03 PM
"Better than waiting for my head to explode or to go insane from seeing ol' wacko every night in my dreams." Sips his drink, looks around. "Sides, what fun is life without a little gamble?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-07, 06:26 PM
The thick half-orc, both in body and mind pipes up, "Grulk want go under goodie mountian. Grulk's hammer not afraid of silly man."

Vladislav
2011-03-16, 10:22 AM
Gormil stands up, and, forgetfully, gulps from his mug again. Remembering why he set it aside in the first place, he spits in disgust. Bah! I can't stand this no more! I'll be going under the mountain to get to the bottom of this! Who's with me?

King Tius
2011-03-16, 10:33 AM
The young gnome wizard hops up and down excitedly.

"I'll come! I'll come!"

A large *SNAP* of electricity connects between his hand and his nose as he waves his hand in the air (as if to be called on by a teacher).

"What are we waiting for? Let's just go!"

He leaps off his chair and grabs his pack.

Nixed
2011-03-16, 12:42 PM
Pushes back his seat, he downs his glass and nods. "Let's go."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-16, 05:32 PM
As the assembled group stands the half-orc stands and states, "Grulk like little Metal Man and Mr. Sparky, Grulk's Hammer will make them safe!"