PDA

View Full Version : Best replacement for Turn Undead/Channel Energy?

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-04, 02:39 PM
Have a Cleric level, but don't want Turn Undead/Channel Energy.

What's the best replacement, ACF etc. do you think?

K-B

arguskos
2011-03-04, 02:44 PM
Have a Cleric level, but don't want Turn Undead/Channel Energy.

What's the best replacement, ACF etc. do you think?

K-B
Out of curiosity, why not? It's such good fuel for things that matter.

To be helpful... I liked Divine Counterspell (CMage). Just me though.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-04, 02:50 PM
Out of curiosity, why not? It's such good fuel for things that matter.

To be helpful... I liked Divine Counterspell (CMage). Just me though.

Highly Feat starved as it is.

arguskos
2011-03-04, 03:01 PM
Highly Feat starved as it is.
Can't fit in one devotion feat via domain swaps? Flaws? I mean, TU is amazing for powering other, relevant, things, and losing it is something to be avoided if possible.

If you really can't make it happen, uh, asking your DM to give you a feat list ala the Wizard's 5, 10, 15, 20 progression would be fair. Perhaps ask to trade it for a familiar? I don't know a lot of actual legit ACFs for it.

Zaranthan
2011-03-04, 03:09 PM
Only ACF for Turn Undead I can think of off the top of my head is Azurin Cleric 1, adding 3+Wis mod to their essentia pool 3+Wis mod times per day.

Master_Rahl22
2011-03-04, 03:32 PM
I think by far the best "replacement" would be to trade one of your domains for a Devotion feat from CChamp and only ever use TU to fuel the feat. Knowledge Devotion is a free +1 to attack and damage against everything, and more if you happen to roll high or pump some of your Knowledge skills. Travel Devotion is free movement. Law Devotion is a nice bonus to attack and/or AC. Such great feats, definitely worth shoving into almost any build and if you can instead trade a domain for it, even better.