PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Zombie Island!

Shadowcaller
2011-03-04, 06:33 PM
So you have all heard about zombies right?
Mindless, walking dead set out to devour your flesh or turn you into one of them.
They are after all one of the most iconic movie monsters of our current time alongside werewolves and vampires.
Vampires are said to symbolize our fear of sex, werewolves our fear of our inner beast. But what do zombies symbolize?

The fear of death, pure and simple, it might be slow and you can dodge it many times but finally, it's inevitable, no matter how far you run.

Now it so happened this symbol just walked up to you and tried to take a chunk off your flesh, this happened about 24 hours ago.

Welcome to paradise, Azura Island is the perfect place for relaxation whenever you need it. Clear blue water reflecting the sunlight from an unclouded sun, your amazed how far you can see as you stand on the balcony on the fourth floor.

Crystal City, the perfect city on the perfect island. People coming here often wish they could stay here forever and with a little luck their wish might come true for you.

Yes, there is little need to even leave the room a hot day such as this, you simply don't have the energy for it like all those other people outside your room.

Yes, here you could really live the dream, with some money you can basically do anything you want here. All your needs will be taken care of.

But it's time to wake up you can't live in a dream anymore, reality is calling like the now silenced screams on the streets outside. It was quite lively out there just a few hours ago and here you are trapped in a hotel room together, hiding.

It's time to take charge of the situation, you can't outrun death forever, you need to face it head on and only then you have the slightest chance to survive.

The room is a one person suit, a mini bar, a TV a quite sleazy-looking bed making itself stand out against it's quite luxurious surroundings. Two large curtains covers the windows, making sure the walking dead outside doesn't see you. Not that it's a real problem considering your on the fourth floor.

There is a fifth floor too, you could hear someone or something walking around up there a moment ago, but now it stopped.

In the middle of the room there is a glass table with note about room cleaning laying on top of it. There are two armchairs currently being used to block the door along with two lamps, one standing in the corner of the room and one at the nightstand beside the bed.

Outside the door you can hear those things trying to get in, so far they haven't been that successful however. There only was two of them before you closed and barricaded the door after all.

There is a short corridor that leads to the staircase of the hotel, leading up down this five stores building.

Now all you need to do is really wake up and face death head on if you don't want to join the dream that is? You would be able to stay in this paradise forever...

Players
{table=head]Player|Character
Wolfbane|Joe Smith
Magtok|Jacob Dalton
Gnrlshrimp|William Sheridan
RPGsr4me|Everett Krause[/table]

UncleWolf
2011-03-04, 09:40 PM
Hotel Room

The others there may see a man wearing a Janitor's uniform land on the balcony from the floor above before knocking on the window. "Hello?!?" He's well tanned, fairly young, with short brown hair, a scruffy chin, and blue eyes. He has a machete and boltcutters at his waist, and a bloody pry bar in his hand.

Gullara
2011-03-04, 10:30 PM
[Hotel Room]

Actually, anybody there wouldn't see him because the curtains are drawn. But Everett just happened to be peeking out the window.

"[Insert curse words here]. Vhat are you doing?" He's holding his revolver, pointing at the other man. It's visibly shaking in his grasp.

Startling a drug dealer is a bad idea. The janitor is lucky he doesn't have a new hole in his chest.

"Get in here. Naow." Everett opens the door and beckons the man in with his gun.

Everett has sandy brown hair and is wearing a dirty, brown suit. It's left open and is missing the tie. He's a tall, heavyset man.

Lord Magtok
2011-03-05, 12:15 PM
Hotel Room
Jacob Dalton chuckles at the janitor and his screwy manner of entry. He gestures for the man to take a seat next to him on the bed he’s accidentally ruining with his soot-splotched, messy jeans.

”Hey new guy, over here! Oh, and kudos on the entrance! I think the East Germany judge’s only giving you a six, though.”

The frail, lanky twenty-something grins, clearly nowhere near as shaken up or nervous as Everett “East Germany” Krause. He’s either ridiculously overconfident or mentally unhinged, grinning like that at a time like this. Going just off his appearance and equipment, it could very easily be the latter. I mean sure, the combat boots are probably a good idea, and keep his ankles out of harm’s way; the police-issue handgun and flash-bang grenades are certainly the sort of thing you want to have on you at a time like this, too. The Kevlar vest probably helps against bites and the like, and is definitely the sort of thing you’d bring out here. It all makes perfect sense to have this kind of equipment.

This outbreak hasn’t been going on long enough to leave that many dead cops lying around to nab loot like that from, though, has it? Where on earth did Dalton get all of this? I mean, Dalton’s a guy who’s wearing a goddamned rainbow of assorted disposable lighters from his bulletproof vest, and has a flimsy hospital gown on underneath that. He’s as far a cry from “cop” as one could possibly imagine.

”So…Krause? It’s Krause, right? Which TV channels are the not-emergency-broadcast ones? I wanna know what the weather’s going to be like next week.“

Our jolly inpatient toys about with the television remote in his left hand, and upon the grip of a machete at his waist, he rests his right.

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-05, 02:10 PM
[Hotel Room]

"Five years...five years I've worked here..." Over by the barricade stands a smartly dressed man, wearing the hotel uniform, in fact. He briefly turns and glances at the window, raising one hand slightly to greet the janitor. That done, he resumes muttering to himself, taking his hat off for a moment to run a hand through his smartly cut short dark hair, a few traces of grey suggesting he has perhaps a few years left before the colour fades.

He doesn't look particularly young, most likely about forty. He's smart, as if even now his primary concern is making the hotel look good, but he's shivering slightly, his eyes are flicking about constantly, clearly afraid.

But then there are a bunch of undead monstrousities out there just waiting to nom on his flesh.

In one hand he holds a steel wheel on a length of string, twirling it slowly. It's far too small to read without looking at it closely, especially when he's twirling it around like that, but there's writing on the whistle...apparently this particular types is known as an "Acme Thunderer".

As he twirls the whistle, his inside pocket becomes visible for a moment, revealing some sort of small firearm inside, as well as a swiss army knife, and on the floor beside him is a black backpack with the end of a length of rope poking out the top. His foot taps away constantly, catching the edge of one strap every now and then, making him look down and try and kick it out of the way, only for it to slowly slide back over.

A moment or two later, he stops tapping away and walks over towards the window with a smile. "Good day to you, sir! My name is William, I'm the doorman, I hope your stay here has been a pleasant one!" And then he bursts into laughter.

"Ah, ahahaha, but you're one of the janitors, aren't you?" he asks noticing the uniform, "Yes, of course you are. Sorry, our unexpected arrivals have left me rather on edge. We don't have enough room for all of them, and the chef refuses to prepare dishes with human flesh!" More laughter.

UncleWolf
2011-03-05, 07:48 PM
Joe enters the room with a bit of a proud smirk. "Yeah, I'm the Janitor, Joe Smith. And I had been running from a few Zed upstairs before being trapped in a room. Had to hop down the balcony to escap-" he stops as he sees the dirtying bed spread. "I just washed that thing." He says with a glare.

Gullara
2011-03-05, 08:44 PM
[Hotel Room]

Everett flips on his revolver's safety, and yes this type of revolver does have a safety, and sticks it into his jacket.

"You are vorried about the sheets?" He slouches into a nearby chair. "Caught in here vith crazies." He pulls out his cigarette case and removes something that definitely is not a cigarette. "Going to die vith crazies." He lights up the reefer and takes a long drag.

"Vhy did I help you, Jacob. You are nothing but pain in ass."

Lord Magtok
2011-03-06, 02:30 PM
Jacob nods to Joe, and stands up, getting his sooty pants off the ugly bed. A man who can pull off that sort of balcony-jump isn't a guy you want to needlessly upset. He instead finds a wall to lean against, and rolls his eyes at Everett.

"Yeah, like it's my fault that Zeddie Roosevelt is on the loose, trying to eat our brains. If you didn't have me, you'd probably be out-"

He narrows his eyes at the definitely-not-a-cigarette, and sighs. Ugh, the nerve of some people. There's a perfectly decent balcony to do that, it's a waste of potentially useful fire, and this room is nowhere near big enough for the others to not inhale anything.

"Seriously, man? We have a perfectly good balcony. If you're going to do that in here, then screw it. I'll take my chances with Pulse-less Patricia and the Phenomenal Pussbags instead."

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-06, 03:28 PM
[Hotel Room]

"It's against hotel regulations to smoke inside. It's definitely against hotel regulations to smoke whatever that is! Put it out right now or I'll have security chuck you ou-hahahaha!" William had been trying to put on a serious face, but there it goes again.

Apparently he can't help but find it hilarious that everyone is dead. Well, not just dead, but undead, just waiting to chew his face off.

"Uh, excuse me. Anyway, shouldn't we try and find somewhere safer? I mean this is hardly a safe haven that'll keep us safe from them for very long." There's something odd about the way he says "them". Just something...odd, like he's said the word a lot, perhaps...like he's not used to people not calling him crazy if he says it.

Like he's been worried about them for a long time and can't help but feel a little giddy about being right.

Or maybe he just says the word funny.

UncleWolf
2011-03-06, 10:29 PM
Joe nods. "Start looking around for a travel brochure. They'll show a map of the island. Maybe it'll show a safe place." With that, he begins searching the room for a map. During his search, he'll try to keep back the thought that maybe he's the only sane one here.

And fails. :smalleek:

Gullara
2011-03-06, 11:44 PM
[Hotel Room]

"Then do it." Everett replies coldly to Jacob. "Go ahead and take chance." He takes another long drag and breathes it out of his nose slowly. With a satisfied sigh he closes his eyes and just relaxes while he can.

Shadowcaller
2011-03-07, 07:01 PM
As you look around for a map you can hear two sounds, one is the zombies outside that continues to get inside your room and the other are gunshots on the streets outside.

It sounds to be pretty close actually.

In any case, you do find a map:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/City-3.jpg

The building with the red ring around it is your hotel, the other buildings looking like yours are other hotels.

The castle in the middle is actually Redbourg Castle, an ancient fortress that was build by the first people who came here while Azura Island were an important trade route in order to protect the colony from pirates. Now it's mainly for the tourists however with guided tours every day.

The red buildings are larger stores/warehouses, there are of course smaller shops here and there all over the city. The dark green areas are parks/amusement parks. The rocky building is the police station. The walls are actual walls, remains of another era and one of the many reasons so many people choose to have their vacation here. You get both culture and sun.

To the east you will find the coast and the famous beautiful beaches of Azura Island. North leads to the mountains and last wilderness on the entire island. West leads further into the island with other smaller cities. Crystal City is the largest city on the island.

To the south you will find the harbor and the airport.

UncleWolf
2011-03-08, 12:42 PM
Joe groans when he sees the map. "Great, this place is a death trap." He points at the bridges. "We can't take those. They'd be crawling with Zak and blocked by cars. Our best bet would be to hit the nearest docks and find a boat." He then gestures at a clear spot outside the outer wall. "We should take it from land there. The navy has undoubtedly been called and may try to trap us in." He looks at the others. "I watch a lot of movies, okay?"

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-08, 07:08 PM
"Are bridges really such a death trap? At least it's a straight path, no hidden side-roads for them to jump out from." William peers at the map, vaguely tracing a route from the hotel to the nearest docks. "Surely the navy wouldn't actually attack us though? I mean...we're not them."

Gullara
2011-03-08, 07:10 PM
[Hotel Room] - I demand that location tags be used!

"It took you till now to see that this place is deathtrap?" Everett remarks, releasing another cloud of smoke as he does.

Hind of a depressing sort, isn't he?

But at least he's a big guy. Ought to come in handy.

Lord Magtok
2011-03-09, 03:05 PM
Jacob Dalton shrugs.

"Sounds like a plan, janitor-guy. Also, we should definitely burn this place down on our way out. Keep the ones left over inside from following us, maybe get enough of the soot and stuff in the air to mask our scent, if they can track us with that."

Honestly, Jacob doesn't even know if any of what he just said would be even remotely practical or realistic. He just wants to burn things, really.

"What about the short term, though? How are we getting out of here? Shove our way through the door, guns blazing, and then hope they're too stupid to remember how to use stairs?"

Elevators, of course, are right out. Those things are terrible for emergencies, and who knows what might be on the other side of the door when you reach your destination?

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-09, 04:07 PM
William glares at Jacob.

Glaaaaare!

"You are aware that there are still hotel employees here who haven't been caught by them, yes? Hopefully you are also aware that as a hotel employee I am not going to simply stand idly by while you burn the hotel."

More glaring.

"Furthermore, a huge burning building probably works as a very effective "eat me" sign too. Do you want to attract more of them here?"

UncleWolf
2011-03-11, 09:54 AM
Joe looks at the group, getting a bad feeling that he shouldn't stick with them. So, he takes the map, folds it up and puts it in his pocket before taking the machete off his belt. "Well, we ain't getting anything done by standing here with our thumbs up our arses, so..." He heads over to the door. "Lets get going. Last one there loses, so does the first who gets bit. And we'll take the service elevator. Should still be running on Aux Power."

"In the immortal words of a god...LEEEEEROOOOY!" He shouts as he yanks open the door and swings the weapon through the opening.

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-11, 12:29 PM
"A little warning would've been nice!" Poor William doesn't even have a weapon to hand!

So, for lack of anything better to use, he goes to grab one of the lamps, taking out his swiss army knife to slice the power cable off (once it's unplugged of course, if it's even plugged in to begin with).

"I'd also prefer the stairs! Hotel regulations state that lifts are not to be used in emergencies!" He says as he cuts away frantically.

Lord Magtok
2011-03-12, 08:11 PM
Jacob Dalton rolls his eyes, lifts himself off the wall he was leaning against, and pulls out his machete. Something tells him he's probably going to have to cut out that annoying doorman's throat with the blade, but he puts aside the urge for now, suspecting the others might not welcome such an act just yet. As soon as the time is right, though...

"Whistle-****, we're in a ****ing apocalypse, remember? You're not employed by a hotel anymore, there's no hotel regulations to follow, and nobody gives a ****. Also, anyone who hasn't already been killed it almost certainly going to die soon, so **** 'em."

He shakes his head.

"He's right about the elevators though, janitor! I don't want to open a door and find a hungry horde waiting on the other side! Oh, and see ya, East Germany! Told you I'd leave!"

Jacob waves goodbye to his good drug dealer buddy, and heads off after Joe.

Gullara
2011-03-12, 08:58 PM
Everett grumbles something under his breath as he checks his revolver and makes sure the safety is off. "If I only did not have to go too."

He hesitates just long enough to snap a leg off a bedside table before following the rest of the party.

"And we take stairs."

Shadowcaller
2011-03-13, 09:56 AM
The leg snaps off, causing the board, which is made of glass, to fall down, thankfully not break however. Thats a sturdy piece of glass.

The power cord is also cut out without any problems, the lamp now functioning as a very improvised quarterstaff.

As you open up the door (which opens inwards) and is faced with three walking symbolisms of the fear of death. The first one you see is a blank-eyed elderly woman with bleak skin and blood all over her mouth hissing as you, her arms gasping after anything within reach.
Joe cuts one of her arms off as he swings his machete through the opening which triggers pain in the creature, causing her to fall backwards.

Next is a fat man in a Hawaii shirt, a camera still hanging around his neck as he moves forward towards the opening, trying to squeeze himself into the room, trying to grab Joe's arm in the process.

Joe can also get a glimpse of the third zombie which is another doorman, William's colleague Paul Winterback to be exact. There is blood all over his now grey face, his mouth wide open as he hisses when the fat man blocks the way for his next meal.

The corridor outside leads to the right, rooms on each side of it. The only other door you can see, number 119, is wide open with blood streaked on it's frame, the room beyond it in total chaos.

UncleWolf
2011-03-15, 05:49 PM
Joe will take a step back and swing his machete at Fat Man's arms before trying to push past them all. "The Service Elevator should be locked, and I have the keys!" He shouts to the others.

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-16, 03:03 PM
William considers the lamp in his hands, then looks at them, over there by the door, trying to claw their way in.

And one of them looks familiar...

"...Paul is one of them too. I liked him. Nice guy..."

For a moment William seems unsure what to do, then tries to ram the end of his lamp-staff into Paul-zombie's face, over Joe's shoulder.

Gullara
2011-03-17, 03:16 PM
Everett keeps close to the others, revolver raised. He won't take any shots though, too risky. It seems he's not high enough to make that mistake.

Anyway, there isn't much else he can do with his companions in front of him. He doesn't particularly ming either though.

Shadowcaller
2011-03-17, 03:28 PM
The fat man stumbles backwards as pain still appears to have some effect on his rotten brain substance. The push causes him to stumble and fall down next to the elderly woman that hisses, trying to get back up despite her cut off arm.

Meanwhile William manages to stab Paul with the lamp right in the face, he hisses as it enters his eye and then grabs the lamp. But right in the middle of that action he suddenly seems to realize he died and falls down on the floor, possibly dragging the lamp and William with him.

Lord Magtok
2011-03-17, 06:02 PM
Jacob suddenly darts forward, poking William in the back with one hand, eager for the man to get out of the way and give someone else a turn at murdering infected victims of the virus.

"Door guy, make room, I want one! Oh, and be sure to double-tap the slimy ****ers, Zack might be faking it!"

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-18, 07:17 PM
William looks rather bewildered by Jacob...

Yeah, he has no idea what double tapping is, or why he's calling them zack.

But anyway, since Paul just sorta, erm, died through lamp impalement and took the lamp with him as he fell over, William obediently backs off, not willing to try and retrieve his lamp until he's sure they are well and truly dead.

UncleWolf
2011-03-18, 07:20 PM
Joe bends down to chop his Machete at the old lady's neck, trying to sever it, before leaping over her to try and get to the service elevator. "Follow me! It should be clear of Zed!"

Gullara
2011-03-18, 08:32 PM
"Move." Everett instructs his companions that aren't moving as he follows Joe.

He takes a swing at the fat zombie's head with the table leg for good measure.

Shadowcaller
2011-03-18, 09:10 PM
The woman spits a bit right up in the air before the machete is brought down at her neck, severing her head. The he leaps over and goes for the service elevator, the others following along.
Evewrett managing to crush the fat zombies head as well as William and Jacob moves after.
The corridor on the way there have doors on both sides however and as you are rushing through it a recently-dead looking man in his early thirties comes out of one of the open doors just as Joe have moved passed it and hisses. Cutting the group off. You can hear more of the walking dead in the other rooms, slowly moving towards the corridor where you are.

Gnrlshrimp
2011-03-20, 10:47 AM
William pauses to retrieve his lamp on the way out before running after the rest of the group.

Might be a while before he gets a chance to grab a better weapon after all. Better a lamp than no weapon at all!

Gullara
2011-03-20, 11:05 AM
Everett stops suddenly when the zombie appears. The reefer falls out of his mouth, likely to the delight of his companions. With a snarl he advances on the zombie and takes a mighty swing at its head.

UncleWolf
2011-03-21, 08:54 AM
"I'll get it ready for you!" Joe shouts. "But hurry!" He adds before running off to the service elevator. It should be fairly clear of zombies since they're normally in secluded areas, and if he gets there without any trouble, will use his key to call it up.