PDA

View Full Version : Weapons you can always wield(for purposes of Warning enhancement)

Matamane
2011-03-04, 09:46 PM
Are there any weapons that you can always be considered to wield? Things like armor spiker, or something I dont need to hold in my hands to wield. Any ideas?

This is for ideal use of the warning enhancement.

Leon
2011-03-04, 09:49 PM
Gauntlet / Spiked Gauntlet are the ones that spring to mind - unless you play a Warforged with one of the weapon arm augmentations

Matamane
2011-03-04, 09:50 PM
any others?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-04, 09:50 PM
I think braid blades, from some dungeon or dagon issue, if not armor spikes are the best you can get I think.

Jack_Simth
2011-03-04, 09:54 PM
any others?

Shield Spikes on an Animated Shield (although probably slightly more expensive than you're after). You don't necessarily need to to be an Animated shield, but that keeps the hand completely free.

You can also skip the shield spikes, and just enchant the shield as a weapon directly.

Worira
2011-03-04, 10:08 PM
I think braid blades, from some dungeon or dagon issue, if not armor spikes are the best you can get I think.

"My beard sense is tingling!"

dark.sun.druid
2011-03-04, 10:21 PM
In addition to Armor Spikes there are Netcutter Spikes (Masters of the Wild) and Armor Razors (Underdark I believe). They both do the same damage as Armor Spikes, however the Netcutter Spikes give the benefit of giving you a bonus to checks to escape nets, web spells, and the like. Armor razors do slashing damage instead of piercing damage.

And there's no rule that says you can't have all three. :smallbiggrin:

Thurbane
2011-03-04, 10:28 PM
Kensai with Warning Unarmed Strike?

Lyndworm
2011-03-04, 10:57 PM
In addition to Armor Spikes there are Netcutter Spikes (Masters of the Wild) and Armor Razors (Underdark I believe). They both do the same damage as Armor Spikes, however the Netcutter Spikes give the benefit of giving you a bonus to checks to escape nets, web spells, and the like. Armor razors do slashing damage instead of piercing damage.

And there's no rule that says you can't have all three. :smallbiggrin:

Actually, according to the FAQ you can have Spikes and Razors on the same armor; you can only use one at a time, though.

I think the others have listed pretty much everything there is.

prufock
2011-03-04, 11:39 PM
Gnome Quickrazor? I think that counts as wielding as long as you're wearing it (someone confirm or refute).