PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Level with me... (magic item question)

drawingfreak
2011-03-05, 10:59 AM
I have created a magic item, but I have NO idea what the level of such an item would be. I need to know in case the players decide to sell it.

Force Scimitar +2
Enhancement: Attack and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 force damage
Power (At-Will * Force): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is force damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
Power (Daily * Force): Immediate Reaction. Trigger: You score a critical hit on the target. Effect: You push the target 5 squares.

This item was built as a Star Wars reference...it glows blue when changed to force damage (no, it is not meant to be a lightsaber).

Surrealistik
2011-03-05, 11:13 AM
A similar weapon, aptly entitled 'Force Weapon' starts out at level 8 as a +2 weapon. Its Daily is significantly better than the Force Scimitar's (slide 1 + Restrain until end of next turn as a free action upon hitting with it) so I would probably place the Scimitar at level 7.

I would change the action cost for the Scimitar's Daily from Immediate Reaction to Free Action, since you cannot take Immediate Actions on your turn. Further, since it's a +2 weapon, its critical damage bonus should probably be +2d6.