PDA

View Full Version : Suggest an adventure? (3.5ish)

DM_for_once
2011-03-05, 01:27 PM
Hi there. As you may have guessed I don't usually DM, but I volunteered to DM every other week or so to give our usual DM a break. Anyway, I'm easing into it by running modules, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a 3.5 module that starts around level 14-15 and ends at 20 or beyond. Thanks for any help.

Oh, if it helps at all I'm looking for somewhere to go after Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Wow, almost thirty views and no one has any advice? :smalleek::smallfrown:

Runestar
2011-03-05, 08:35 PM
There aren't many adventures starting at that lv, most take place between the 6-12 lv sweetspot.

You could look at the ashardalon adventure line and start at the appropriate lv. Can't remember the title, it has you journeying to the fortress of this red dragon duergar.

Otherworld Odd
2011-03-05, 08:58 PM
Paizo has a lot of adventure modules that are really fun. They're for 3.5 and pathfinder and completely backwards compatible. All of them are great fun. Just go check out their website. (They have a huge variety of modules and adventure paths such as dungeons, sandboxes, wilderness settings, etc). If you're interested, you could go pick one out for yourself at their website. You're the best judge of what your players would probably like.

RTGoodman
2011-03-06, 12:11 AM
You could look at the ashardalon adventure line and start at the appropriate lv. Can't remember the title, it has you journeying to the fortress of this red dragon duergar.

The one that starts at 10th level is Heart of Nightfang Spire, which I think is a pretty bad one. The one that starts a little higher (15th level) is Lord of the Iron Fortress, but I don't know much.

The other option is City of the Spider Queen, a FR super-module (10th-18th).

Saintheart
2011-03-06, 08:01 AM
Another possibility is to look into late entry into some of the old Dragon Adventure Paths like Age of Worms. It covers levels 1-20 with different modules.

DarkEternal
2011-03-06, 10:39 AM
My suggestion is that you look for some Dragon campaigns, that are fairly short, and make it two or three campaigns that will take you to level 20. For level 18 I recommend Diplomacy from Dragon 92, I believe. Excellent social campaign.

DM_for_once
2011-03-06, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys! Lord of the Iron Fortress is one I've found already, but I hadn't found City of the Spider Queen, I'll look into that. I also just started sorting through my Dragon mags, and my Dungeon mags too, thinking there might be something in one of those. But that's a little...reading intensive, lol. It's a matter of finding time, like everything else.

RelentlessImp
2011-03-06, 11:26 AM
Paizo has a lot of adventure modules that are really fun. They're for 3.5 and pathfinder but not completely backwards compatible.

Just thought you should know.