PDA

View Full Version : Game Splurge

Deth Muncher
2011-03-05, 01:34 PM
So, a brief preface: Some of you have noticed me mentioning that I work at a certain game store that may or may not have a name that looks similar to the title of this thread. I found out two days ago that my location is closing, which unless I can find another location to hire me, means I'm jobless. :/ Instead of being worried that I won't be able to have money (which I am, sure), I'm more worried about losing by nifty discount. So, while I have pretty much every game that I've wanted, I want you'se guys'es help seeing if there are any holes in my collection that I can try to fill before my discount is gone. I currently own a Wii, GBA SP, DSi, and XBOX 360. I'm going to post my entire games list (minus GBA games, since I'm not entirely sure where they all are at the moment) below for reference. This excludes downloaded games. Spoilers due to length.

Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns, Epic Mickey, Metal Slug Anthology, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition, Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Gamecube (plays on Wii, you know)
Custom Robo, FF: Crystal Chronicles, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda: OoT & Master Quest, Megaman Anniversary Collection, Megaman X Anniversary Collection, Namco Museum, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Teen Titans, X-Men: Legends, X-Men: Next Dimension

DSi
Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest IV, FF: III, FF: IV, FF: Tactics A2, FF: Four Heroes of Light, Knights in the Nightmare, Megaman Zero Collection, Pokemon: Heart Gold, Pokemon: Soul Silver, Pokemon: Platinum, Sonic Collection (though I'll likely end up trading this in), Tetris DS

Afro Samurai, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Batman: Arkham Asylum, BattleFantasia, Beautiful Katamari, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Blood Bowl, Blue Dragon, Borderlands GotY Edition, Brutal Legend, Konami Classics (the only reason I have this is for Castlevania: SotN), Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Deathsmiles, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Awakening, Fable II, Fable III, Fallout 3 GotY Edition, Fallout New Vegas, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, King of Fighters XII, Left 4 Dead GotY Edition, Left 4 Dead 2, Lost Odyssey, Magna Carta 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mass Effect, Metro 2033, Oblivion, Red Dead Redemption, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (hence why I'm going to trade in the DS one), Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Tales of Vesperia, Tetris Evolution

So, aside from the obvious sequels to things, what am I missing?

Zevox
2011-03-05, 02:05 PM
Hm. Some game suggestions for each, mostly from my own collections:

Wii:
- MadWorld
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Monster Hunter Tri
- Little King's Story
- Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Paper Mario
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Also on 360, I liked the motion controls though so I tend to recommend the Wii version.)

Gamecube:
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- Tales of Symphonia
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Skies of Arcadia: Legends
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

DS:
- Dragon Quest 5, 6, and 9. (I haven't played 6 yet, would recommend 5 over 9.)
- The World Ends With You
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
- Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
- Disgaea DS
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Days of Ruin
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Partners in Time
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
- Radiant Historia (Disclaimer: Haven't played it yet, so I cannot be 100% sure I'd recommend it, but I was confident enough that I'd like it to buy it day 1. I just need to finish another DS game I'm currently playing first.)

GBA:
- If you don't have them yet, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

360:
- Mass Effect 2
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Devil May Cry 4 (Another I own but haven't actually played yet, but I have played the first two, the first of which was great, and the second of which is famous as the worst of the series. Supposedly 4 is quite good.)

Of course you should probably check wikipedia or something for any you're unfamiliar with to see if they interest you (or just ask around here, should work too). I'd have provided some information on each, but there are too many for that to be done with any speed.

Zevox

Gourtox
2011-03-05, 02:09 PM
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Also on 360, I liked the motion controls though so I tend to recommend the Wii version.)

I concur I suggest the 360. Much better stages/levels whatever you want to call it.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-05, 02:26 PM
Hm. Some game suggestions for each, mostly from my own collections:

Wii:
- MadWorld
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Monster Hunter Tri
- Little King's Story
- Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Paper Mario

Gamecube:
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- Tales of Symphonia
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Skies of Arcadia: Legends
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

DS:
- Dragon Quest 5, 6, and 9. (I haven't played 6 yet, would recommend 5 over 9.)
- The World Ends With You
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
- Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
- Disgaea DS
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Days of Ruin
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Partners in Time
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
- Radiant Historia (Disclaimer: Haven't played it yet, so I cannot be 100% sure I'd recommend it, but I was confident enough that I'd like it to buy it day 1. I just need to finish another DS game I'm currently playing first.)

GBA:
- If you don't have them yet, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

360:
- Mass Effect 2
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Devil May Cry 4 (Another I own but haven't actually played yet, but I have played the first two, the first of which was great, and the second of which is famous as the worst of the series. Supposedly 4 is quite good.)

Of course you should probably check wikipedia or something for any you're unfamiliar with to see if they interest you (or just ask around here, should work too). I'd have provided some information on each, but there are too many for that to be done with any speed.

Zevox

SMG2 is one I've been meaning to get, so that works. I'd heard the Wii SW:TFU wasn't all that good compared to the 360 one, and I'd heard the 360 was rather short. -shrug-

Oops, you reminded me, I've got Windwaker too, I just forgot about it because I just got it and haven't even started it yet. If I can FIND Tales of Symphonia, I'll get it, but that one's going to be a stretch. Supah Mario Sunshine I actually got when I got my GC, and is one of the few Mario games I beat to 100% completion (all the secrets, etc).

I actually used to have TWEWY - I just couldn't get into it. I know a lot of people will hate me, or at least look at me like I've got tentacles sprouting out of my head, but yeah. Just couldn't do it. Maybe I didn't give it a chance, I don't know. I want to beat this DQ game (which I haven't stated) before I move to the other ones (though honestly, more than half of the games I own I haven't started, so this is slightly arbitrary. It's more that it's a series I don't know, so I want to test the waters). I had Disgaea DS too, but I traded that in due to lack of interest. It just failed to draw me in. I never knew if I was supposed to level grind, or what. I never had enough money because people were always dying, I didn't know how to requisition the council for more stuff...that kind of thing. I've heard the SMT series is in fact fantastic, so I SHOULD pick them up. I've got the second Advance Wars for GBA, never beat it. Dunno if I'd want the DS one. Had Fire Emblem, traded it due to sucking at it and it making me angry. :P

I have none of the Golden Sun games, I hear they're fantastic. Must locate.

ME2 and Enslaved are on my list, but DMC4 hasn't been because I haven't played the other three, and I feel like I'd miss a lot of the storyline.

Other than that, to the Wikipediatubes to see what I can find on some of these.

SparkMandriller
2011-03-05, 02:37 PM
There's Megaman ZX and its sequel. Pretty similar to that Zero collection, just with more exploring and the ability to turn into Harpuia or Leviathan or whoever.

Raiden Fighters Aces is pretty cool too. Most people don't seem to like those old school arcade scrolling plane games, but I guess you've got Deathsmiles listed, so maybe you do. RF Jet is like the second best vertical scroller ever, and you get RF1 and 2 as well. Value!

Zevox
2011-03-05, 02:37 PM
I'd heard the Wii SW:TFU wasn't all that good compared to the 360 one, and I'd heard the 360 was rather short. -shrug-
I haven't played the 360 version, so I cannot say how they compare, but at the prices you'll probably find it for now, it's worth picking up. It is short, but it's quite fun to play and replay.

I've heard the SMT series is in fact fantastic, so I SHOULD pick them up.
A note on this: one thing the series is famous for is being hard. I don't think Devil Survivor was all that hard myself, though it did have its moments every now and then, but Strange Journey is definitely hard. It's what I'm playing right now with my DS, have been since mid-January, and it is by far the hardest game I have played in a good while. Just a fair warning on that.

ME2 and Enslaved are on my list, but DMC4 hasn't been because I haven't played the other three, and I feel like I'd miss a lot of the storyline.
Well, you won't miss anything by skipping the second game, which occurs last chronologically (chronology goes DMC3 -> DMC1 -> DMC 4 -> DMC2). The first isn't big on storyline, but it does establish a character or two that might show up in 4 (not entirely sure on that). I don't know how heavy the third and fourth are on story since I haven't played them yet. But since the others are all PS2 exclusives and you didn't say you had a PS2, I figured starting at 4 might be your only option with that series, and I would recommend giving the series a try.

Zevox

Falgorn
2011-03-05, 05:41 PM
Wow, I own all four of these consoles! Let's see where I can help.

Wii: Looks good, you have more than I do. Forgive me if I didn't notice, but I didn't see New Super Mario Bros. It's actually pretty good. And Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is good.

Gamecube: Also good, got all the big ones, save a few. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is enjoyable (and by that I mean I love it). Also, I noticed you have Spider Man for the Xbox 360. Ultimate Spider Man amused me, for a while. I wonder what happened to that game... Finally, I offer Viewtiful Joe.

No recommendations for the DS, but I've got some GBA stuff. I recently found my copies of Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance and Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising. I love both of these games, even though I'm awful at them.

Xbox 360: Can I recommend Grand Theft Auto: IV? I love it. And I hate to be "that guy," but I recommend that you get Call of Duty: Black Ops some time, when the price goes down. Zombies alone was worth the money (okay, that's an exaggeration, but it is really fun). Metro: 2033 and Far Cry 2 are also worth your money.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-05, 06:22 PM
Okay, so the first round of Game Splurge:

I rebought Disgaea DS, and then picked up Golden Sun: DD, Radiant Historia, SMT: Strange Journey, Legacy of Ys Books 1 & 2 (at the behest of my former assistant manager, since he said he freaking loves that series and he's never steered me wrong before), Enslaved: Journey to the West and Mass Effect 2.

Wow, I own all four of these consoles! Let's see where I can help.

Wii: Looks good, you have more than I do. Forgive me if I didn't notice, but I didn't see New Super Mario Bros. It's actually pretty good. And Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is good.

Gamecube: Also good, got all the big ones, save a few. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is enjoyable (and by that I mean I love it). Also, I noticed you have Spider Man for the Xbox 360. Ultimate Spider Man amused me, for a while. I wonder what happened to that game... Finally, I offer Viewtiful Joe.

No recommendations for the DS, but I've got some GBA stuff. I recently found my copies of Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance and Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising. I love both of these games, even though I'm awful at them.

Xbox 360: Can I recommend Grand Theft Auto: IV? I love it. And I hate to be "that guy," but I recommend that you get Call of Duty: Black Ops some time, when the price goes down. Zombies alone was worth the money (okay, that's an exaggeration, but it is really fun). Metro: 2033 and Far Cry 2 are also worth your money.

Wii: I'm wary of both of those games. I sucked at the DS Fire Emblem, and the new SMB looks...well, it looks like the graphical upgrade of Mario 3.

GC: Same note on Fire Emblem. I used to have Ultimate Spider Man, and utterly superbeat it. It was good times.

GBA: I actually used to have FFT:A, but traded it in long ago. I got most of the way through it, maybe I should go find a copy...And with Advance Wars, I'm also kind of leery of it, since I'm rubbish at the one I have.

360: I actually got Red Dead instead of GTA:IV just because I like the setting more. I played some of the GTA games on my friend's PS2, but it wasn't really fun to me except when I made my character spasm and drop tanks from the sky. I'm also torn on CoD:BO, since while I hate the game with a passion, the zombie mode intrigues me. I don't know much about Far Cry 2, but I do have Metro 2033 and love it.

Cespenar
2011-03-05, 06:36 PM
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is pretty good too, and it's on DS. I'd say get it.

Spartacus
2011-03-05, 06:40 PM
A note on Far Cry 2. As I play it, I am constantly struck by one thought: "This would be so much better on the PC." Controls are sub-optimal, and I find it (at least on my TV) to be hard to see enemies and read my map.

Falgorn
2011-03-05, 06:43 PM
Wii: I'm wary of both of those games. I sucked at the DS Fire Emblem, and the new SMB looks...well, it looks like the graphical upgrade of Mario 3.

GC: Same note on Fire Emblem. I used to have Ultimate Spider Man, and utterly superbeat it. It was good times.

GBA: I actually used to have FFT:A, but traded it in long ago. I got most of the way through it, maybe I should go find a copy...And with Advance Wars, I'm also kind of leery of it, since I'm rubbish at the one I have.

360: I actually got Red Dead instead of GTA:IV just because I like the setting more. I played some of the GTA games on my friend's PS2, but it wasn't really fun to me except when I made my character spasm and drop tanks from the sky. I'm also torn on CoD:BO, since while I hate the game with a passion, the zombie mode intrigues me. I don't know much about Far Cry 2, but I do have Metro 2033 and love it.

Wii: Understandable, I'd compare it to SMB: 3 with good graphics.

GC: Nice, I loved Ultimate Spider Man, too.

GBA: I'm awful at it too, but I still love it.

360: Understandable as well; I just saw you had one Rockstar shooter, and I recommended my favorite one. With Black Ops...yeah. I can only stand to play the online when I'm with friends, and even then, I hate it. Zombies is fun though, but not worth sixty dollars. Wait until it's cheaper, or, even better, rent it. They really should make Zombies its own game...

Zevox
2011-03-05, 06:48 PM
picked up Golden Sun: DD
Word of warning: playing that game will spoil the story of the first two games of the series for you. Personally, I would recommend getting and playing them first, as they are the superior titles.

I sucked at the DS Fire Emblem
Hm, odd, unless you were playing on a difficulty above normal, that's a pretty easy entry in the series. Of course it's also a fairly disappointing one in most regards, so it's hardly representative of the series' overall quality, but if your problem was just finding it difficult, that may well an issue for the entire series with you.

Also, if you found that hard, SMT: Strange Journey is probably going to massacre you, unless you're much better at basic turn-based RPG combat than at tactical RPG combat. Again, just a word of warning there, that game does not screw around with you.

Zevox

The Dark Fiddler
2011-03-05, 07:06 PM
I actually used to have TWEWY - I just couldn't get into it. I know a lot of people will hate me, or at least look at me like I've got tentacles sprouting out of my head, but yeah. Just couldn't do it.

That's not that bad, actually. The control scheme certainly takes getting used to and isn't going to be everbody's cup of tea. I enjoyed the game immensely myself, but even I felt like I was fighting the controls at some part... though I'd still want to try that scheme again. It's kind of weird.

A note on this: one thing the series is famous for is being hard. I don't think Devil Survivor was all that hard myself, though it did have its moments every now and then...

I'm going to say now that if you do get Devil Survivor, don't be like me. This isn't Pokemon where staying loyal to your monsters and not getting rid of them is a valid choice, you will get your ass kicked if you don't fuse your monsters into more powerful ones, or at least buy new ones. And some of the endings have a sharp difficulty curve where the enemies jump up nearly 10 levels in the course of like two battles. And by some, I mean all of them except one, which is coincidentally the one you can't get disqualified from obtaining.

But yeah, I suppose that aside from the occasional need to level grind and the occasionally frustrating bosses (the second, in particular), it wasn't all too difficult.

Edt: Although it's also not a game for everybody, I'm going to suggest Elite Beat Agents if you can find it cheap. I found my copy used for $6 bucks, so if you can get a similar price, there's not much harm in trying it.

Spartacus
2011-03-05, 07:17 PM
Elite Beat Agents definitely has the most playtime of any of my DS games, even more than either of my 2 DQ games.

Stupid JJF...

Zevox
2011-03-05, 07:19 PM
I'm going to say now that if you do get Devil Survivor, don't be like me. This isn't Pokemon where staying loyal to your monsters and not getting rid of them is a valid choice, you will get your ass kicked if you don't fuse your monsters into more powerful ones, or at least buy new ones.
This is true of the SMT series generally. Do not mistake it for being like Pokémon in this respect, even though both involve training monsters. Fusing up for stronger demons is a major part of the game, and trying to simply train weaker ones up instead will result in either you needing to do a lot of grinding or just you losing.

And some of the endings have a sharp difficulty curve where the enemies jump up nearly 10 levels in the course of like two battles. And by some, I mean all of them except one, which is coincidentally the one you can't get disqualified from obtaining.
Eh, the ending was one of the harder parts of the game, but I think you're exaggerating by how much.

Zevox

The Dark Fiddler
2011-03-05, 07:35 PM
Eh, the ending was one of the harder parts of the game, but I think you're exaggerating by how much.

Zevox

Perhaps a bit... it's been a while since I've played, and the large amounts of grinding I had to do the first time through may have twisted my perception. Though the boss rush near the end certainly didn't help.

Don't let the difficulty turn you away though, Deth, (especially since you already got SJ which is supposed to be much harder), I thought Devil Survivor was a brilliant game. Definitely made me want to check out the rest of the SMT series.

Inhuman Bot
2011-03-05, 08:44 PM
Pikmin, for the Gamecube, and Pikmin 2.

Also Duke Nukem etc.

I don't suggest Mad World. It kind of sucks.

Also, No More Heroes 1/2.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-05, 09:59 PM
Hm, odd, unless you were playing on a difficulty above normal, that's a pretty easy entry in the series. Of course it's also a fairly disappointing one in most regards, so it's hardly representative of the series' overall quality, but if your problem was just finding it difficult, that may well an issue for the entire series with you.

Also, if you found that hard, SMT: Strange Journey is probably going to massacre you, unless you're much better at basic turn-based RPG combat than at tactical RPG combat. Again, just a word of warning there, that game does not screw around with you.

Zevox

I think it was another case of not being used to the system, and wanting to restart every time I lost someone since I wanted a full army of people.

Pikmin, for the Gamecube, and Pikmin 2.

Also Duke Nukem etc.

I don't suggest Mad World. It kind of sucks.

Also, No More Heroes 1/2.

I was never really a fan of Pikmin, though I did play it a fair amount in middle school.

I've got DN: 3D, and I'm waiting for the new one. ^_^

I had NMH 1 and traded it in. I pretty well destroyed it. I don't have two Wiimotes, or I'd get NMH 2.

MoelVermillion
2011-03-05, 10:06 PM
Well, you won't miss anything by skipping the second game, which occurs last chronologically (chronology goes DMC3 -> DMC1 -> DMC 4 -> DMC2). The first isn't big on storyline, but it does establish a character or two that might show up in 4 (not entirely sure on that). I don't know how heavy the third and fourth are on story since I haven't played them yet. But since the others are all PS2 exclusives and you didn't say you had a PS2, I figured starting at 4 might be your only option with that series, and I would recommend giving the series a try.

Well there are some story links between DMC 1, DMC 3 and DMC 4 but really the plot isn't the main draw for the DMC series its the action. If you can enjoy a game without being too heavily invested in the plot than DMC 4 offers some pretty enjoyable action game play.

More importantly...

I don't know how heavy the third and fourth are on story since I haven't played them yet.

What are you doing man!? The third game is the best in the entire series! You'll also appreciate MvC 3 Dante on so many more levels if you play DMC 3. So, get on that :smalltongue:.

Speaking of ignoring the plot for action I would suggest Bayonetta. You're on the 360 so you don't have to worry about the crappy PS3 port. Most people who find flaws in the game mainly cite the game's plot so if you can once again just kind of ignore it then you'll be rewarded with some solid action gameplay.

Also you have a lot of fighting games in your collection but not Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Super Street Fighter 4 any particular reason why or can I suggest these as games to splurge on?

Zevox
2011-03-05, 10:15 PM
What are you doing man!? The third game is the best in the entire series! You'll also appreciate MvC 3 Dante on so many more levels if you play DMC 3. So, get on that :smalltongue:.
Well, after playing DMC1 and 2 back-to-back late last year I was kind of DMC-ed out, and wanted to play something else. I didn't get around to playing 3 before Christmas, at which point I got a bunch of new games I've been playing since. And now MvC3 has hit and I've been playing that daily since, and in a couple of days Dragon Age 2 hits and I'll be playing that...

Yeah, I have too many games and not enough free time at the moment. My backlog includes Dragon Quest 6, Radiant Historia, DMC3 and 4, Blue Dragon, plus finishing Mario Galaxy 2 and SMT: Strange Journey (the latter of which I'm currently playing, the former of which I haven't touched in weeks)*. All that plus MvC3 and DA2. And that's without touching older games I've been meaning to go back and finish but just haven't yet, like FF9 or DQ7. Yeah. It's a good thing there aren't any games I'm interested in coming out for the foreseeable future after DA2.

*Edit: Oh right, and Mega Man Zero 3 and 4 on my copy of Mega Man Zero Collection.

Zevox

FantasyFoxMan
2011-03-05, 10:27 PM
Personally, I'd say don't trade in the Sonic games on the DS, but mainly that's just because I really like them. It's one of those "to each his own" situations. :smalltongue:

Deth Muncher
2011-03-06, 01:38 AM
Personally, I'd say don't trade in the Sonic games on the DS, but mainly that's just because I really like them. It's one of those "to each his own" situations. :smalltongue:

The only reason I'm trading them in is because I've got 3 on my Wii, and all of them on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. As well as the Sonic Collection for the GC, though technically I gave that to my girlfriend.

chiasaur11
2011-03-06, 01:57 AM
Someone should mention EDF 2017.

EDF 2017 is amazing. Get it.

Drascin
2011-03-06, 05:21 AM
People have already covered almost anything I'd want to say. However, on your Wii selection, I see you have Metal Slug Anthology, which tells me you like gunning shmups. You, however, don't have Sin&Punishment 2 Successor of the Skies, easily one of the most unique and awesome shmups of its type, which is a sad overlooking you should work to correct :smallwink:

Lord Loss
2011-03-06, 07:47 AM
My Reccomendations:

DS: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, 999, Anything for the Ace Attorney series, most of it is quite good, The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents,

Xbox360: Bioshock, Call of Duty Black Ops Hardened Edition (Zombies are worth every cent, my main reason for playing Black Ops and World at War nowadays), Dead Rising 2 (All my friends who have played it love it, I don't like it but you might...)

I don't have a Wii or a Gamecube, unfortunatley.

warty goblin
2011-03-06, 09:12 AM
I'll whateverith the Far Cry 2 suggestion. The tutorial section is slower than it needs to be, but once you unlock a few weapons it starts to get crazy good. It's still one of my favorite games of the last couple years.

If you like playing against bots, Section 8 is fairly awesome as well.

RPGwise I'd recommend Two Worlds 2. The first game was terrible in a very enjoyable sort of way, the second is actually quite well designed. I've found it somewhat more enjoyable than Oblivion and way ahead of the dullness that is Fallout 3. Alpha Protocol is also worth a shot, it's probably the best - and certainly the deepest - Mass Effect style RPG I've seen, and way more interesting than the actual Mass Effect series. Which isn't to say they're bad games, just so deeply pedestrian in terms of story.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-06, 11:31 AM
Chiasaur, you ALWAYS mention that game, and I'm always like "Wow! That game is so old and obscure that NO ONE will have it." Used the "Find this game preowned!" option on our website? There's a copy down the road from my house. I'm going to end up getting it for like...13 bucks, which is cheaper than Ebay. You'd better be happy.

Triscuitable
2011-03-06, 02:34 PM
No More Heroes and No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, and if you can afford importing it (AND I DON'T GIVE A FLYING IF IT'S NOT AT GAME WHATEVER!), get No More Heroes: Paradise for your 360. Those games are AWESOME!

SparkMandriller
2011-03-06, 03:04 PM
Aren't 360 games region locked? Because that'd seem to rule out importing things.

chiasaur11
2011-03-06, 03:12 PM
Chiasaur, you ALWAYS mention that game, and I'm always like "Wow! That game is so old and obscure that NO ONE will have it." Used the "Find this game preowned!" option on our website? There's a copy down the road from my house. I'm going to end up getting it for like...13 bucks, which is cheaper than Ebay. You'd better be happy.

I'm very happy for you.

MoelVermillion
2011-03-06, 08:31 PM
No More Heroes and No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, and if you can afford importing it (AND I DON'T GIVE A FLYING IF IT'S NOT AT GAME WHATEVER!), get No More Heroes: Paradise for your 360. Those games are AWESOME!

Aren't 360 games region locked? Because that'd seem to rule out importing things.

Kind of irrelevant because he won't get his store discount if he doesn't buy from his store but there are a few 360 games here and there that are region free.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-07, 02:59 AM
I'm very happy for you.

Apparently there's a sequel due out this year?

And what's this about another NMH NOT on the Wii?

houlio
2011-03-07, 04:18 PM
Hey, the Wii Fire Emblem is incredibly easy compared to all other Fire Emblem games (so much so that my friend group has labeled it "Fire Emblem: Self-Esteem Edition"). It's also incredibly long (like 50 chapters or more or something). Although I can't say with scientific accuracy that this is true, I can say that they added a Battle Save feature, which allows you to save at any point you want in the battle... and you can do it as much as you want.

Inhuman Bot
2011-03-07, 10:13 PM
Apparently there's a sequel due out this year?

And what's this about another NMH NOT on the Wii?

Hero's Paradise is just NMH 1.

Zevox
2011-03-07, 10:47 PM
Hey, the Wii Fire Emblem is incredibly easy compared to all other Fire Emblem games (so much so that my friend group has labeled it "Fire Emblem: Self-Esteem Edition").
That... does not seem in any way accurate :smallconfused: . Radiant Dawn is pretty handily the hardest Fire Emblem game released outside Japan, unless the highest difficulties of Shadow Dragon outdo it (I haven't tried them and haven't heard from anyone who has). This is in part because when they brought the game over, they simply changed the names of each difficulty setting: Japan's normal became our easy, Japan's hard became our normal, and Japan's maniac became our hard. In contrast, what they did with its predecessor, Path of Radiance, was to remove Japan's maniac difficulty and add an easy difficulty.

Although I can't say with scientific accuracy that this is true, I can say that they added a Battle Save feature, which allows you to save at any point you want in the battle... and you can do it as much as you want.
:smallconfused: I do not recall that at all. Unless that was on easy mode only (I never played RD on easy), I'm beginning to think you've confused your Fire Emblem games. The closest I can recall to something like that is the mid-stage "save points" from Shadow Dragon, which I think were in normal difficulty only, and you had to physically reach those to use them.

Zevox

MoelVermillion
2011-03-07, 10:52 PM
:smallconfused: I do not recall that at all. Unless that was on easy mode only (I never played RD on easy), I'm beginning to think you've confused your Fire Emblem games. The closest I can recall to something like that is the mid-stage "save points" from Shadow Dragon, which I think were in normal difficulty only, and you had to physically reach those to use them.

No I'm pretty sure I rememebr midbattle saving at any point during your turn even on "medium" (japanese hard) mode. Despite this you still lose a lot in the early chapters because the Dawn Brigade starts off useless :smallsigh:.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-08, 12:01 AM
I guess the only game I can recommend is, if you can find it, Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2 for Gamecube. Kind of a sci-fi Monster Hunter, with some of the finest while being simplest character creations I know. The only problem is that the online mode requires the ancient Gamecube internet connectivity cables and a fee. So I just stick to the Offline mode. You can run free and rerun dungeons for drops and xp, or you can do the quests to get a story along with your grinding.

Sorry no conclusion.

chiasaur11
2011-03-08, 12:15 AM
Remembered another game if you see it cheap.

Heard really good things about Nier from a story prospective. Incredibly good things.

Also, its gameplay seems clever. Just... don't try for 100% completion.

The devs apparently hate completionists as much as they hate happiness and small children. It's not a happy game. Stage setting?

It opens with the world in roughly "The Road" conditions.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-08, 01:15 AM
Picked up Tales of Symphonia today, since it was serendipitously traded in. Also got Dragon Age II, for what its worth.