PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need help stating out a boss & replacement lv for the original Castle Greyhawk

Pika...
2011-03-05, 04:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Greyhawk_%28module%29

OK, while I know to this day there is some controversy over this module and what happened to Gary Gygax, it is still a fun and funny module to read. I mean, I laughed so much reading just the instructions that my players were commenting on it and seriously getting concerned. :smallbiggrin:

But alas there is an issue. Since this module was based around popular media in the 80s, some of it is obsolete for this age. Bugsbear Bunny is still good. The Pilsbarry Dough Golem is still good. Some, not so much I think. Because of this I want to replace a level or three with more modern pop-culture levels and midbosses.

So I need some advice/help from the forums:
a) Which levels to pull out?
b) Based on A, what themes/midbosses do I replace levels with? Feel free to get creative. :smallbiggrin:
c) Should I extend the dungeon if enough good ideas are given?

One idea I have for B (not sure where to put hm, though):
A Necropolotin Bard + that prestige class that boosts undead. He has Perform (Dance) and Perform (Choreography) maxed.

He has a scene dancing with his zombie minions....

....should I even go on?

So, thoughts? Ideas?

TroubleBrewing
2011-03-05, 04:29 PM
Well, Elfin John can totally stay. The three superheroes can stay, so can Indiana Gnome. The ones that need changing, though...

I'd replace Marvin Grape with somebody else. Justin Beaver, perhaps?

The star trek guys can be easily modified to be star wars characters, which I think have more mass appeal. (Not to say that their fanbase is in any way smaller than that of Star Wars. As a pop-culture reference, Star Wars is more intrenched in the public mind than the other.)

Not sure about the others, though. It's been years since I played through it.

Thurbane
2011-03-05, 06:58 PM
If you want to swap out levels, the Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk 3.5 module would be perfect, as it contains entire levels of Castle Greyhawk. The tone is a wee bit more serious than the original module, though.