PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Feat Help

Morbis Meh
2011-03-05, 05:25 PM
Hello ye mighty playgrounders!

I am currently playing as a Human Crusader 4/CCleric 1/RKV 3/ I primarily focus on battlefield control but I like having some casting abilities of the cleric; however I am currently at a loss for what to select for my upcoming lvl 9 feat, this is what I currently have:

Able Learner (flaw buyoff)
Combat Reflexes (flaw buyoff)
Stand Still
Extra Granted Maneuver
Combat Expertise
Improved Trip

I cannot get feats like Defensive sweep, overwhelming assualt or robilars gambit for a long time so I was curious what to take... I thought of knockdown but that doesn't stack with improved trip unfortunately. I thought of taking Practiced Spell Caster to get a full +4 to my CL. My party is composed of: A paranoid gnome illusionist, a dwarven duskblade, a sociopath whisper gnome rogue/swashbuckler, and a skinny dipping barbarian/frenzied beserker.

My stats are as follows:
Str- 16 (18 with items)
Dex- 14
Con- 16
Int- 13
Wis- 15
Cha- 14

Thank you for your help! btw I traded my 3 domains for Travel, Knowledge, and law Devotion (I do not worship WeeJas my DM and I adapted it for another deity, Kelemvor)

Amiria
2011-03-05, 05:55 PM
What weapon are you using ? A guisarme ? You could to spend a feat on a exotic weapon. How about the Dwaven Warpike (from Races of Stone) ? Not as silly as a Spiked Chain but nevertheless good enough to be worth a feat: tripping, reach, set against charge, 2d6/x3 slashing or piercing.

Practiced Spellcaster is a good idea. Knockdown might still be worth it even though it doesn't stack with Improved Trip.

Morbis Meh
2011-03-05, 06:14 PM
I use a guisarme, dwarven warpike eh? Could be fun, much better damage and charge doesn't bother me much since I usually am in thicket of blades.

Darrin
2011-03-06, 10:42 AM
I thought of knockdown but that doesn't stack with improved trip unfortunately.

That depends on which version you're using. The Sword & Fist version has errata that says you don't get an extra attack with improved trip. The SRD version (from Deities & Demigods) has no such errata. Technically, since the SRD was published after Sword & Fist, it takes precedence. So check with your DM on that one. (He will most likely rule that the Sword & Fist errata still applies, which tends to be the prevailing opinion.)

Given all of your Devotions... how about Extra Turning?

navar100
2011-03-06, 10:57 PM
I'm fond of Vital Recovery. It's like a free potion of Cure Light Wounds once per encounter. At 9th level it's becoming Cure Moderate Wounds.

tyckspoon
2011-03-06, 11:17 PM
Given all of your Devotions... how about Extra Turning?

Seconded. Between all of your Devotion feats and Ruby Knight's swift-action engine requiring Turn Undead uses.. you're gonna be burning a lot of Turn Undead. Worth thinking about, at least.

Edit:
You're a Tome of Battle build. Martial Study to pluck a maneuver from an out-of-class Discipline is always worth considering as well. Although it's a little weirder on a Crusader, since you can't guarantee having that particular maneuver when you want to have it.

Akal Saris
2011-03-06, 11:33 PM
I'll second Extra Turning unless you only have 1 encounter/day most of the time.