PDA

View Full Version : How Much XP?

Doughnut Master
2011-03-05, 05:47 PM
So, I've just started DMing, and the way this campaign is shaping up, each of my 4 players gets an individual session first, after which,they start working as a group.

I've finished my first player's session, but I pretty much winged it, and I don't really have much of an idea as to how he should be rewarded.

Character: Level 5 Rogue

Adventure: Woke up naked in the middle of the city. The night before, he tried to break into a mansion, but was caught.

Eventually, he stole some clothes, ran about town to learn more about how he got fingered, and decided to get back at the guy. So he went to a jewelry store that the guy owned, sneaked in the back, tricked the guard, hid himself in the top corner of a bathroom, then got in the back room. He stole some jewels and then climbed out a window right before the guard came back.

To finish up, he found the noble who he had robbed, and traded the jewels for his gear and a job. So now he's off on his next adventure.

All in all, it was a fun little experience (well, not little, as this took about 5 hours), and I was impressed by his ingenuity.

Any advice as to what kind of reward would be appropriate?