PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] General Questions

Tael
2011-03-05, 07:02 PM
So, a few things:

What exactly does aggravated damage do that lethal doesn't?

How do unnatural mental influence charms work at all? It seems like charms like Vanishing from the Mind's Eye are just terrible, because a guard can just spend 4 willpower and see you with no difficulty. Similarly, why do social charms ever work? Do opponents just spend willpower until one of them caves?

If one can't wear armor (because of Snake Style of something similar) how does one generally compensate?

Sorcery seems terrible. Are there any good fixes? (apart from getting more splatbooks)

Grand Goremauls seem incredibly overpowered. Is this just me?

And last but not least, how the hell does two-weapon fighting work? I can't seem to find any rules on it.

The Rose Dragon
2011-03-05, 07:11 PM
What exactly does aggravated damage do that lethal doesn't?

Refuse to heal fast and with certain Charms, bypass most non-armor soak, etc.

How do unnatural mental influence charms work at all? It seems like charms like Vanishing from the Mind's Eye are just terrible, because a guard can just spend 4 willpower and see you with no difficulty. Similarly, why do social charms ever work? Do opponents just spend willpower until one of them caves?

It works because willpower is rare and precious, so you have to choose what you are defending against with it and whether it is worth it.

If one can't wear armor (because of Snake Style of something similar) how does one generally compensate?

When you find out how one compensates for wearing armor, I'll give you an answer.

Sorcery seems terrible. Are there any good fixes? (apart from getting more splatbooks)

As long as you don't try to use it as your main weapon, it is very good, actually. It is more flexible than most Exalts can match with their native Charms.

Grand Goremauls seem incredibly overpowered. Is this just me?

They are. So are mundane goremauls.

And last but not least, how the hell does two-weapon fighting work? I can't seem to find any rules on it.

It adds the rates of the weapons together.

Jokasti
2011-03-05, 07:15 PM
We have a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183998&page=36) for this sort of thing.

Tael
2011-03-05, 07:56 PM
We have a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183998&page=36) for this sort of thing.

Sorry, I've seen the thread before, but I must have missed it when I was searching today. Is there any reason why not to post threads like these separately?

Jokasti
2011-03-05, 07:59 PM
Sorry, I've seen the thread before, but I must have missed it when I was searching today. Is there any reason why not to post threads like these separately?

It adds more threads to bog the servers down. Also people are subscribed to that thread, most people don't subfora dive to see if there's an Exalted thread with questions that need answering. So more exposure.
Someone posted a link in there to your other thread the other day, which is how I saw it.