PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good class

Pard
2011-03-05, 07:16 PM
OK so finally got this Half-Ogre Half Minotaur character built. I want him to be some divine war machine. He can specialize in making people attack him, the divine bit can be added in as fluff. He has 7 natural armor.

Str. 18
Dex. 13
Con. 20
Int. 10
Wis. 14
Cha. 12

Those can be moved around a little if it fits a class better.

I was looking at Paladin, but I kind of want to shy away from the magic/caster aspect. I was also looking at Crusader. They seem to be good at "tanking"/lockdown. The DM is new and I do not want to make him any more confused then he has to be, which is why I also am a little bit wary of a Crusader lockdown build.

I envisioned a character that wears full plater and charges into battle and gores a guy with his horns, then he just lets loose on the dude with his weapon and makes all the enemies friends want to attack him so all the glasscannons in the party can sit back and not have to worry about being killed.

Level 1 to start. Anything is game (if my Half-Ogre, Half-Minotaur with an LA of 0 isn't making that apparent enough! And if you are curious why, I am using a homebrew template that gives him the construct type and than using the incarnate construct to give him a -2 LA. It works out fluff wise that a bunch of guards attacked him and cut off his arms and then left him for dead. My healer character came along and re-stabilized him and then called in a powerful wizard who owed him a few favors to give this guy new arms. The wizard then cast the incarnate construct to turn his stone arms into flesh. DM approved and all that good stuff :smallbiggrin:)

I can add the fluff if need be, this character needs to go for the optimization route because frankly the rest of the team has a total HP of like 18... :smallfurious:

Elric VIII
2011-03-05, 07:44 PM
The PHBII Knight class has abilities that can make enemies attack you. It also allows you to ignore movement restrictions on medium and heavy armor, eventually. It gets a class ability that keeps enemies from retreating.

Shyftir
2011-03-05, 07:46 PM
It's really not much of a tanking class, but you should use War-Hulk from Miniatures handbook somewhere in there. He's a large-size character right?

Pard
2011-03-05, 09:16 PM
Yup 11 feet and 1200lb of awesome!

Gray Mage
2011-03-05, 09:45 PM
If you have acess to ToB, I'd suggest the crusader.