PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the Barclays Premier League?

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-06, 11:30 AM
Personally I'm going for Arsenal; both because I really, really don't want Manchester Utd to take it, but also because I reckon they actually will snatch it.

Anyone else care about the Premiership?

K-B

Perenelle
2011-03-06, 12:15 PM
I'm going for Chelsea again this year, of course.
Arsenal does look like they have a pretty good chance of taking it this year though, so I'll be waiting for them to mess up so Chelsea can push through. (:smalltongue:)

Hopefully Manchester Utd doesn't win. Not that I really have anything against them, but they're the favorite amongst a bunch of soccer players I know and I don't want to hear them bragging. :smalltongue:

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-06, 12:20 PM
I'm going for Chelsea again this year, of course.
Arsenal does look like they have a pretty good chance of taking it this year though, so I'll be waiting for them to mess up so Chelsea can push through. (:smalltongue:)

Hopefully Manchester Utd doesn't win. Not that I really have anything against them, but they're the favorite amongst a bunch of soccer players I know and I don't want to hear them bragging. :smalltongue:

It's amazing how much support Arsenal are getting from non-Arsenal supporters just because everyone doesn't want Man Utd getting another title: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" has rarely been more apt.

Assuming you're a Chelsea fan: what are your thoughts on the Torres deal?

Perenelle
2011-03-06, 12:41 PM
It's amazing how much support Arsenal are getting from non-Arsenal supporters just because everyone doesn't want Man Utd getting another title: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" has rarely been more apt.

Assuming you're a Chelsea fan: what are your thoughts on the Torres deal?

Indeed. :smalltongue:

One thing for sure, £45 million is pretty insane. :smalleek: And I'm kinda surprised he left Liverpool. I'm sure he'll definitely end up helping Chelsea this year though, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Aedilred
2011-03-07, 03:09 PM
I generally don't mind who wins the league as long as it's not Chelsea. I'm not the biggest Man City fan, either. This year, though, it would be nice for Arsenal to take it. Apart from the attractive football philosophy, they're one of the few top clubs that doesn't make me despise them for the way they're run as a business.

Om
2011-03-07, 05:14 PM
Utd will take the league. They don't deserve to and I hope that they do slip up, but honestly I can't see Arsenal holding their nerve. If Utd have anything its the sheer self-belief and confidence that comes from a winning tradition - winning leagues is almost a habit for this team. In contrast Arsenal are as mentally strong as a weightlifter with glass ankles

Delwugor
2011-03-09, 01:27 PM
ManU all the way ... well if they get their act back together again. Their recent loses gave both Arsenal and Mancester City a good shot, they can't afford to lose anymore with only 9 games left. I think Chelsea is out of real contention but it is still possible. If ManU doesn't take it then I have to go with Manchest City or Tottenham at a huge stretch, break the MU/A/C dominance that may end up ruining the league.

Devmaar
2011-03-10, 06:38 PM
I reckon United to win, Arsenal (:smallfrown:), City and Spurs (:smallbiggrin:) for the top four.

(No bias against Arsenal or Chelsea here, what are you talking about?:smalltongue:)

RTGoodman
2011-03-11, 12:01 AM
My house is split. I don't have a particular team, but my mom is a Man Utd fan and my brother is an Arsenal fan. Of course, I've also got several friends who are Tottenham fans, so...

Devmaar
2011-03-11, 12:11 PM
My house is split. I don't have a particular team, but my mom is a Man Utd fan and my brother is an Arsenal fan. Of course, I've also got several friends who are Tottenham fans, so...

I wish I had friends who were Tottenham fans, the only friends I have who care about about football are a couple of Chelsea fans (who've never lived in London :smallyuk:) and a Hull fan.

RTGoodman
2011-03-12, 12:58 AM
I wish I had friends who were Tottenham fans, the only friends I have who care about about football are a couple of Chelsea fans (who've never lived in London :smallyuk:) and a Hull fan.

Well, they are pretty unique folks, especially since we're all North Carolina natives. (We spent last Saturday playing cricket, for instance.)

paddyfool
2011-03-12, 06:33 AM
It'll be either Man U or Arsenal taking it now, without quite a major upset. Despite all London rivalry (speaking as a West Ham supporter), I'd actually marginally prefer the gunners. However, I'm obviously a tad more concerned about my team continuing to pull themselves out of the relegation zone (three wins from the next nine games would get them to 40 points, which should do it, but more would be much preferred, especially given what happened in 2003).

Devmaar
2011-03-12, 07:14 AM
For me the main thing is top four, Spurs were never really in the running for the title, but getting into the Champion's League ahead of Chelsea would just be incredible (I would also accept going if Man City missed out :smalltongue:).

That and seeing how far we can get in the Champion's League.

paddyfool
2011-03-12, 07:38 AM
That would indeed be a fine result. Just don't expect us to give you an easy time next weekend...

St.Sinner
2011-03-12, 09:02 AM
Man United all the way for me! Without the benefit of a clairvoyant octopus on hand to consult, I'm quietly confident that they'll do it. I doubt that Arsenal would be able to out-nerve United throughout these last 9 or 10 matches. I'd love for Spurs to end up on top of Chelsea and Man City... though I'd settle for just Chelsea.

On the topic of family divides, the other members of my family are lifelong Liverpool supporters. How I've enjoyed laughing in their faces these past two decades :smallbiggrin: