PDA

View Full Version : I don't get this Loremaster ability

Sims
2011-03-06, 03:28 PM
It says the number of Secrets you get is equal to your level +your Int Modifier. So just to be clear, does that mean that if I were a level 10 Wizard, with an 18 on my Int, I'd get 14 Secrets every time I'd get 1?

That seems extremely overpowered. :smallfrown:

Siosilvar
2011-03-06, 03:29 PM
That's not what it says. You get 1 secret every odd level.

You can pick any one of the secrets on the table, but it can't be numbered higher than Level + Int mod.

Eldariel
2011-03-06, 03:29 PM
It says the number of Secrets you get is equal to your level +your Int Modifier. So just to be clear, does that mean that if I were a level 10 Wizard, with an 18 on my Int, I'd get 14 Secrets every time I'd get 1?

That seems extremely overpowered. :smallfrown:

No, the maximum level you can learn is Lvl+Int; so you can get a level 7 secret if you have 22 Int and level 1, for example. Of course, you only get Secrets on levels with Secret marked so you can't exactly get one level 1 but still.

EDIT: Swordsages! They're everywhere! Forming a hedge!

maysarahs
2011-03-06, 05:08 PM
To post another question about the Loremaster secret ability (I have the PF version at hand, not sure how it differs from 3.5) does the "choose any feat" secret have to meet its prereqs?

dextercorvia
2011-03-06, 05:19 PM
As a rule of thumb, if you are picking the feat you need to have the prereq's. If a class special ability gives you a specific bonus feat, you don't. Of course specific text to the contrary would overrule that.

Andion Isurand
2011-03-06, 05:28 PM
I wish I could pick a feat for all the Loremaster secrets...