PDA

View Full Version : Divine Casting Classes not using Wisdom

Cogidubnus
2011-03-06, 04:13 PM
Quick help - are there any divine casters that don't use wisdom without the dragonlance feat that makes casting Charisma/Intelligence based?

PollyOliver
2011-03-06, 04:20 PM
Quick help - are there any divine casters that don't use wisdom without the dragonlance feat that makes casting Charisma/Intelligence based?

Do you mean compeletely avoid wisdom, or just use something other than wisdom as a main casting stat? Favored soul (is to cleric what sorcerer is to wizard) uses charisma but uses wisdom for DCs, and archivist (which has access to any divine spell your DM will let you scribe) uses intelligence but gets bonus spells from wisdom.

Cogidubnus
2011-03-06, 04:22 PM
Do you mean compeletely avoid wisdom, or just use something other than wisdom as a main casting stat? Favored soul (is to cleric what sorcerer is to wizard) uses charisma but gets bonus spells from wisdom, and archivist (which has access to any divine spell your DM will let you scribe) uses intelligence but gets bonus spells from wisdom.

Really avoiding Wisdom altogether. For an "DnD yourself" type-idea where one of my friends works in a religious establishment, so wants to represent that, but has AWFUL wisdom. Once spent a whole november night sat by a river in just a thin dress until we came to save her from hypothermia.

PollyOliver
2011-03-06, 04:25 PM
Really avoiding Wisdom altogether. For an "DnD yourself" type-idea where one of my friends works in a religious establishment, so wants to represent that, but has AWFUL wisdom. Once spent a whole november night sat by a river in just a thin dress until we came to save her from hypothermia.

Hmm...I can't think of anything that's completely wisdom-free, actually; hopefully someone else can. Sorry.

Hazzardevil
2011-03-06, 04:29 PM
Yes, 2
Spirit Shaman and Favoured Soul providing you are willing to ditch DC's for teh favoured soul and use the cleric list or Spirit shaman providing you are willing to use Cha for DC's and wisdom for everything else.

I can't think of any base classes right now that don't use wis at all.

Bobikus
2011-03-06, 04:33 PM
Archivist is INT based.

Cog
2011-03-06, 04:49 PM
Archivist is INT based.
Nearly so. Their bonus spells per day come from Wisdom.

Joshinthemosh
2011-03-06, 05:22 PM
it's Pathfinder but the Oracle is totally Wisdom free. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle

Casts off of Cha and it has enough flexiblity to be whatever the party needs if you choose the right mystery.

FMArthur
2011-03-06, 05:22 PM
Archivist's Wis-based bonus spells provide an advantage to characters with both high Int and Wis but it's not a necessity. An Int-only Archivist still performs well.

HunterOfJello
2011-03-06, 05:25 PM
If you play an Illumian you can change up your bonus spell stat to either Strength or Dexterity. Other than the Illumian race, I think wotc wanted all divine spellcasters to have some kind of dependence of wisdom.

Amphetryon
2011-03-06, 05:35 PM
Shugenja (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4367.0) can dump WIS entirely.

randomhero00
2011-03-06, 08:10 PM
I always wished stats reflected real life more. For instance wisdom and intelligence should be nearly the best stat for all classes.

Thurbane
2011-03-06, 08:33 PM
An Illumian Archivist can ditch WIS, and base his bonus spells off DEX (or STR) - and of course, DCs and max spell level will be off INT.

There's also the dreaded 3rd party Lost Tradition feat - if you want the silliness of a character basing casting off ANY stat (including STR, DEX and CON). If you do a search of these forums, you'll find some discussion about it.

gorfnab
2011-03-06, 08:43 PM
Surprisingly the prestige class Emissary of Barachiel (BoED) has divine casting that is entirely Cha based.

joe
2011-03-06, 09:48 PM
If Dragonlance Campaign Setting classes are allowed, the Mystic is entirely Cha based. It acts pretty much exactly like a Sorcerer version of a Cleric.

Darth Stabber
2011-03-07, 02:36 PM
If you play an Illumian you can change up your bonus spell stat to either Strength or Dexterity. Other than the Illumian race, I think wotc wanted all divine spellcasters to have some kind of dependence of wisdom.

So you store the extra spells in your muscles?