PDA

View Full Version : non combat, non trap challenges

Shinizak
2011-03-06, 06:42 PM
So I'm going to be running a game soon in a savage worlds system. First game is going to be a "Fix the radio tower" game and I want it to have 3-4 major sections to it.

Difficulty traveling to the radio tower/center
Find out what the big problem with the radio tower is (there's something hijacking the signal)
Either fix the problem or make it worse
Bonus: fix the antenna or break it.

Now I need ideas for traveling to radio tower, I need problems that can't be solved with "I attack it" or "I roll the skill to fix it."

Thank you for your suggestions.

ffone
2011-03-06, 06:53 PM
Neat. Reminds me of the Lost Season 3 finale (they have to go to a radio tower and an underwater station to turn off an interfering signal and a jammer so they can broadcast their own SOS.)

Something with social interaction maybe. If they're good-aligned you could have inhabitants of the radio tower who don't want to let them use it, but aren't 'hostile' enough to 'justify' slaying. just make up a social scenario that they can't Diplomacy.

Puzzle to get it working.

Lost pieces they have to find in the area to get it working.

Shinizak
2011-03-06, 11:12 PM
Thanks, I got the idea from another RPG. mostly I'm looking for traveling troubles to throw against the players.

valadil
2011-03-06, 11:26 PM
Sounds like a good place for physical obstacles as puzzles. Give the players a 60 foot chasm, 50 feet of rope, a Honda Accord, and some charcoal. Let them MacGuyver up a solution. Half the time I do these puzzles I don't even bother coming up with an answer, especially if they have magic.

Shinizak
2011-03-06, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a good place for physical obstacles as puzzles. Give the players a 60 foot chasm, 50 feet of rope, a Honda Accord, and some charcoal. Let them MacGuyver up a solution. Half the time I do these puzzles I don't even bother coming up with an answer, especially if they have magic.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done this, I've found that players just make their own solutions, even if being faced with a solution.

sambo.
2011-03-07, 12:02 AM
one of the secrets of how to find the piece of maguffin to fix the antennae is known only by a scared, mute 6-yo orphan girl or some variation thereof?