PDA

View Full Version : back story help

hivedragon
2011-03-06, 09:25 PM
I'm playing a male tiefling warlock archeologist
any help fleshing this character out would be appreciated

Daftendirekt
2011-03-06, 10:04 PM
Fleshing out would require a body to attach flesh to. Come up with SOMETHING on your own before begging everybody else to make the character for you.

Katana_Geldar
2011-03-06, 10:06 PM
Yeah, we are not here to do your work for you, you know. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-03-06, 10:54 PM
Oooo, it's been a while since I've had a chance to use my cheat sheet again... Copy-pasted from elsewhere.

- Fear: Full-blown phobia, a constant dread, a general dislike, or an "that's icky".
- Fetish: Full-blown philia, something you have a "thing" for, a general like, or generally attracted to.
- Virtue: The character's major strength, and/or something they will always respond to.
- Vice: The character's major weakness, and/or something they have trouble resisting.
- Alignment priority: What part of your character's alignment is most important to them? e.g. is a Lawful Good character more concerned with good deeds or upholding the law? What does their alignment mean to them?
- Short-term goal: What are they striving for currently?
- Long-term goal: What do they want to do before they die?

Once you've got those you can start adding "why?" to each of them. And voila, you have a back-story.

Karrnathi
2011-03-07, 02:55 AM
Was he always a tiefling? Maybe he started as something else and picked up the wrong artifact on a dig. He became infused with raw demonic essence, granting unhallowed power, changing his very form, and maybe even his soul. Now he quests for more knowledge of the civilization it came from, trying to understand what he has become. Or maybe when he turned ten his dad said "Sell your soul to Dispater and I'll give you a cookie."