PDA

View Full Version : Ranger//Pally Supporting DMNPC Help

Abaddon87
2011-03-06, 09:40 PM
In advance, sorry about the length. I am currently DMing my first game with two players and would like to run a DMNPC along side their toons. We are running guestalt characters and starting at lvl 10.

A bit of background:

The two players and myself started the game as lvl 5 guestalt evil characters. One was a Cleric//Dread Necro while the other was a Pit Fiend with some heavy LA and class features. I played an evil Crusader fighting with two mighty dagger whips. These characters have freed an entombed elder god of evil and now serve him, causing all sorts of trouble for the peaceful world. Now that my players have created my BBEGs for me (am I lazy or a genius? I cant tell...) I want to switch sides and have the "Good Guys" try to stop the evil plots of doom... The evil characters are going to be updated after some downtime on their side to 20th+ lvl

I would like to bring in a Ranger//Paladin who is an archer. Other than taking Zen Archery, Extra Smiting (maybe a few times) and Ranged Smite as feats and using the Energy Bow featured in a wizards post I haven't decided much else for this bow wielding wonder. I don't yet know what my two players will be bringing to the table, but I have limited them to normal races only (a first-time DM oversight which resulted in earlier mentioned Pit Fiend... ). ANY advice you could give on this build would be much appreciated. Should I dip Fighter? Add some Knight of the Chalice? Certain feats or magic items?

Please assist me in helping my players. They have some tough work ahead of them with armies of undead, devils a plenty and all around evilness to fight.