PDA

View Full Version : 4e Druid Advice (Dark Sun)

Karrnathi
2011-03-07, 02:21 AM
A player in the Dark Sun campain I am playing in recently moved away leading to the death of our party's main controller(a Psion). As such, my character (a Thri-Kreen Druid) has had to step into the role. Our first combat afterward nearly ended in a TPK,with only an oncoming sandstorm preventing our total destruction. We did lose our brand new sandskiff though. Our next battle did result in our victory, but I am still concerned. I was hoping to get some advice on playing druids tactically in 4e. We just made 2nd lever so my DM said he would still be open to small changes to my powers and the like.

cupkeyk
2011-03-07, 05:28 AM
What kind of Druid are you playing? Given that you are a Thri-Kreen, Predator? What are your power selections?

Druids have two opportunities to control: by summoning or by locking down a single opponent.

MeeposFire
2011-03-07, 08:51 PM
Here is a link to a 4e druid handbook. Don't forget the sentinel build. It is technically a leader but you can make all your dailies and your atwill choice quality controller powers and then you have a nice animal companion to help you too.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26244737/Call_of_the_Wild:__A_Druid_Handbook?pg=1

Karrnathi
2011-03-08, 10:40 PM
What kind of Druid are you playing? Given that you are a Thri-Kreen, Predator? What are your power selections?

Yeah, he's a predator druid. my powers are grasping claws, call of the beast,and storm spike for my at will; cull the herd as my encounter; faerie fire for my daily; and obscuring mist as my utility.

Druids have two opportunities to control: by summoning or by locking down a single opponent.

So I need to figure out the most dangerous opponent and focus on them?

Leon
2011-03-09, 12:59 AM
For that Sentinel Druid is there any indication of them following it up with Autumn and Winter as Summer and Spring do make a Natural Cycle alone.

MeeposFire
2011-03-09, 01:08 AM
I believe that they are going to be dragon content at some point but I do not think there is a date set. They already made a new warpriest build so new sentinel builds are just a matter of time.

Leon
2011-03-09, 01:32 AM
Ah ok - i don't keep up to speed with Dragon since it went digital so these things get by quite easily.