PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 zombie apocalypse with guns.

heymejack
2011-03-07, 10:41 AM
So it's in the early planning stages right now, but it's gonna be 1st level, relatively weak characters getting their town overrun by zombies, they escape, slowly become stronger, and begin taking the fight back to the source, which'll be some lich lord they won't get to see till they make it to like level 12 or something. maybe the death metal bard, because it amuses me, but maybe not. that's a long way off. when I mentioned this to my players, they seemed interested, but one thinks it'd be cool to have guns against the zombies. that sounds fun to me. I worry though, because the guns in the phb suck in my experience, but I don't want to just arbitrarily upgrade them and risk making everybody else too weak in comparison.

this post is sort of a ramble. again, I'm still just planning, but I'd be very interested to hear what you think, playground. What problems am I going to run into? is there a good upgrade for guns around that is easily compatible with 3.5? and most importantly, what ideas do you have to make this a LOT of fun for my players, and me?

hamishspence
2011-03-07, 10:46 AM
Dragon Magazine issue 321 had a big list of late-Renaissance guns and artillery.

SamsDisciple
2011-03-07, 10:56 AM
If you want to use guns and upgrade them go ahead and do it but place restrictions on ammo that way they are powerful like real guns are but in a zombie apocalypse you know all the gun shops will be raided first and you would be lucky to find any ammo.

Yora
2011-03-07, 11:03 AM
Cannons with grapeshot. If you got blackpowder, that's the way to deal with large groups of zombies.