PDA

View Full Version : So if a construct has an Intelligience score, they get Feats/Epic Feats?

Sims
2011-03-07, 05:13 PM
Is that all they need to get em'? Epic feats included?

The Glyphstone
2011-03-07, 05:49 PM
If they have 21+ hit dice and an Int score, they can get epic feats the same as any other creature. Otherwise, they get normal feats if they have an Int score, the same as every other creature.

herrhauptmann
2011-03-07, 07:33 PM
If they have 21+ hit dice and an Int score, they can get epic feats the same as any other creature. Otherwise, they get normal feats if they have an Int score, the same as every other creature.

But since most items don't have hit dice or class levels, they don't have a method of actually gaining feats.

The Glyphstone
2011-03-07, 07:45 PM
But since most items don't have hit dice or class levels, they don't have a method of actually gaining feats.

What do items have to do with constructs and Int scores?

herrhauptmann
2011-03-07, 07:46 PM
Derr, I'm an idiot.
Misread the question to be 'items' like an intelligent sword or something.

gbprime
2011-03-07, 07:47 PM

I'm gonna assume items = objects. as in animate ones.

And yeah, we have ways. :smallamused:

The Glyphstone
2011-03-08, 10:41 AM
I'm gonna assume items = objects. as in animate ones.

And yeah, we have ways. :smallamused:

Q: Why do clocks make bad spies?
A: Because it's easy to make them tock.

NEO|Phyte
2011-03-08, 11:59 AM

Well, intelligent items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/intelligentItems.htm) are technically constructs, since having wisdom and charisma makes them creatures.

The Glyphstone
2011-03-08, 12:29 PM
Well, intelligent items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/intelligentItems.htm) are technically constructs, since having wisdom and charisma makes them creatures.

Admittedly true, but they are 0HD creatures, and so get 0 feats. Though I could imagine someone arguing that because the rules state creatures have 1 feat plus 1 for every 3 HD, even a 0HD creature would have its one base feat...