PDA

View Full Version : Wraith from Stargate?

Geohound13
2011-03-07, 06:06 PM
does anyone know where to find a Wraith race, from Stargate Atlantis, for D&D 3.5?

gorfnab
2011-03-07, 06:45 PM
There was a Stargate D20 book printed but it only covered the first six seasons of SG1. I think you'll probably just have to break their abilities down to homebrew them.

Alleran
2011-03-07, 07:20 PM
Actually, there was a fan-released homebrew supplement for the first one or two (or perhaps three) seasons of Stargate Atlantis. I don't know if it's still around, though - it was pretty old/rare when I stumbled across it.

FallenEco
2012-09-04, 12:51 PM
Actually, there was a fan-released homebrew supplement for the first one or two (or perhaps three) seasons of Stargate Atlantis. I don't know if it's still around, though - it was pretty old/rare when I stumbled across it.

I'm looking for that at the moment. Can't find it.

If someone else does, can they give me a heads up?

EccentricCircle
2012-09-04, 12:58 PM
If I were going to stat them up i'd probably give them some kind of Con Drain ability like that of an undead, But which allowed them to use the drained life force to either replenish their own reserves or to provide suplimentary power points for a range of psionic abilities. (I don't know if some sort of Psi-drain already exists, it wouldn't suprise me if it did.) Wraith at full strength still feed, and still grow more powerful as a result of feeding, so its not all about replenishing health.

Madfellow
2012-09-04, 01:21 PM
Yeah, Wraith would definitely be a psionic race with a level adjustment, since every Wraith ever encountered is a powerful threat. I definitely agree with a Con drain ability that can replenish power points, and some psi-like abilities that they get naturally. Something that creates illusions, something that heals, something that buffs Strength and Con, something like Suggestion. That would be a fun race to play, actually.

RedWarlock
2012-09-04, 01:25 PM
If I were going to stat them up i'd probably give them some kind of Con Drain ability like that of an undead, But which allowed them to use the drained life force to either replenish their own reserves or to provide suplimentary power points for a range of psionic abilities. (I don't know if some sort of Psi-drain already exists, it wouldn't suprise me if it did.) Wraith at full strength still feed, and still grow more powerful as a result of feeding, so its not all about replenishing health.
A good reference for that is the Illithid Extraction feat from CompPsi. It deals Int damage to a target grappled by illithid tentacles, with the brain-eater gaining the same number of PP as the damage dealt.

Starshade
2012-09-04, 02:23 PM
Hm, and a racial power with unlimited number of uses of Mindlink, provided the target is an Wraith, I think fits.
And to balance it, the presense is simpler to detect by psionic characters/creatures with psionics.

Also the Thought eater/Thought slayer, and I remember the 2. ed brain mole HAD power point stealing abilities too(is it around still?), and could hurt, and kill trough drain, also possible to use as inspiration for homebrew Wraiths.

My thought is something like, keep the psionic class points in a common pool, make a racial "food energy" pool who racial abilites feeds off, and who is consumed 1 point a day as norishment, and who could be burned as PP too in emergency. But, is it's lifepower, something similiar to Vampires in VoD.