PDA

View Full Version : The Hub, or, Maxios writes out an RPG

Maxios
2011-03-07, 07:08 PM
This is my attempt to write out an RPG, known as The Hub. I'll be running several PbP Games to test out the system, one of which has already started. I won't post all of the rules here, however. Though, I will post about what I've gotten done. Also, not all of the rules will be posted in order (IE: Spells & Equipment might be posted before Characeter Creation)

Eating & Drinking
Unlike in many RPGs, your characers must Eat & Drink in order to survive. Normally, a person eats Three Meals/Day. The Average Person can go without eating for days equal to their Endurance Score divided by two. After X (X being the number of days without eating), one enters a state where every five rounds, one must make a Consistution Roll (DC 10 +# of days without eating) or pass out for 1d6 Minutes. The roll is then multiplied by 10. During strenous activity, such as combat, a roll must be made every Three Rounds. Three days after X, the characer begins Hallucinating. Every day after that, a Constitution Roll must be made (DC 15 + # of days without eating) or the characters dies.
For drinking, the same rules apply, but the number of days one can go without Drinking is divided by three, instead of two.

Sleeping
A good sleep is considered Eight Hours. Every day one doesn't sleep, they get a -y (Y being the number of days without sleeping) modifier on all checks. After Five Days without sleeping, every hour the person must make a Constituion Roll (DC 10 + # of days without sleeping) or pass out for eight hours

Maxios
2011-03-07, 09:28 PM
Fluff

The Metropolis
A large, futuristic, city ruled by a triumverent
Goverment: Ruled by large Corporations
Population: 5,754,921
Main Aligment: Chaotic Neutral
Demographics: Human 57%, Alien %35, Other 8%

Common Crimes: Assault, Robbery, Arson
Rare Crimes: Murder

Police Force(s): Alormax Force, Ponder Force, Gallant Force
Corruption: 95%, 68%, 25%,
Notes: The three large Corporations that control Metropolis each own their own Police Force. Out of all of these, Alormax's is the most corrupt. Gallant's is the least corrupt.

Major Political Figures: Jaxor Boss Mann (Owner & CEO of Alormax), Ghorge Brill Smith (CEO of Ponder), Silver B. Goldman (Owner & CEO of Gallant)

Notes: The Metropolis is a very futuristic city, with hover cars, giant towers, etc. Each of the CEO's own a third of the city. To picture it, think New York from Spider-Man 2099, or Coruscant from Star Wars. The city has shaky negotiations with the City known as Civilization, due to the fact that Civilization views Metropolis as corrupt (Which is correct)

Knaight
2011-03-07, 11:28 PM
Given that you intent to run PbP games lots of little mechanics will just get in your way. As such, abstraction is ideal, which means that rules for eating and driking are unnecessary, it can just be assumed characters eat, and abstracting away how well they eat, drink, sleep, etc. during a period to something along the lines of wilderness survival, urban survival, etc. is ideal.

Maxios
2011-03-08, 02:13 PM
Given that you intent to run PbP games lots of little mechanics will just get in your way. As such, abstraction is ideal, which means that rules for eating and driking are unnecessary, it can just be assumed characters eat, and abstracting away how well they eat, drink, sleep, etc. during a period to something along the lines of wilderness survival, urban survival, etc. is ideal.

Of course. It's really the GM's decision if he wants to use the Eating & Sleeping Rules.