PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Sugliin

Lord.Sorasen
2011-03-08, 12:18 AM
Recently the half-ogre in the party I am DMing (interesting how half the questions I ask are about this guy. I think it's due to the awkwardness of large size and the fact that the other members have less unusual needs) has asked me about taking a sugliin as a weapon, reflavored as an unwieldy gigantic pike looking thing. Now, I have ok'd this in terms of fluff, so I'm no longer asking about this. I want to know about whether it would be worth it.

Now, I know that generally this weapon is a bad idea. BUT - I feel this might be an exception scenario.

The Half-Ogre here is currently a single class psychic warrior 4, with the powers Prevenom Weapon (almost never touched), Expansion (Primary Power, and the reason he chose psychic warrior over barbarian), Bite of the Wolf (Secondary Power, but he enjoys it), and Hustle (Just got it, no idea if he'll use it). His inevitable goal is to reach psychic warrior 7, and then begin taking levels in war hulk.

As you probably know, War Hulk doesn't actually gain BAB. And psychic Warrior, as a medium BAB class, doesn't gain too much either. The half-ogre plans to use hustle to move into the attack.

Now, 4.5 damage doesn't seem like that big a deal, but it increases to 9 more damage if he goes gargantuan, and more than that provides reach. I can't help but realize that the warhulk's attack requirement (full round action) matches the sugliin's requirement, and the fluff is spot on the same (wide, sweeping attack).

I get that compared to the more optimized ways of doing things, this would probably be a waste of a feat... Maybe. I'm actually not sure of that either. But is there another sugliin flaw that perhaps I am missing? Or maybe a warhulk flaw I am missing? Or a psychic Warrior flaw I am missing?