PDA

View Full Version : Fill in the blanks on my map!

drawingfreak
2011-03-08, 02:37 AM
I am attempting to prepare for a sandbox game but I have so many dots on my map that are blank it is not even funny. So, help me fill them in! I already have my major cities filled in, to a point, and about three of the smaller dots. If you think it matters, this is a 4e game and any universe information you can find HERE (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/world-of-latell/wikis/ueepor) (also a work in progress).

In any case, what are some interesting locales the PCs can visit or pass through? What are some interesting locales in your own games that I can steal borrow from?

WildPyre
2011-03-08, 03:04 AM
In my game I have a town of civilized goblins named Gobston. (no points for originality there, I know)

The goblins there are very friendly, slightly OCD about keeping clean (since goblins are typicly seen as filthy and smelly creatures) love dressing in bright colors. They farm many vegitables there but the livestock tends to only be smaller animals like sheep, goats and predominantly chickens. They also make wonderful sweet pastries with honey.

The town elects a mayor, a sheriff, and a judge on alternating years, making their terms 3 years long.

They celebrate a large comunity feast at harvest time like many other cultures.

Midspring they celebrate a festival of shoes.

They have a small arena that at first glance looks like a place for gladiatorial combat but is actually used for a unique sporting event called "Sklunk". The game is played with two teams of five goblins each team having a goal to defend raised 5 feet off the ground and slightly larger than the balls used to play the game. Each team has a brightly colored ball assigned to it (Or they provide their own ball in their team colors). Each team has 2 of the members armed with cudgles and dedicated to defending their goal. One point is scored for getting your team's ball into the opposite goal. Getting the other team's ball in their goal subtracts a point from their score.

Gobston is very open and welcoming to traders, their main exports are chicken, honey and wool. Their imports are grain, steel and spices.