PDA

View Full Version : Bards and magic

Gaiyamato
2011-03-08, 04:54 AM
I am certain that once upon a time I found a prestige class, or maybe a feat (though I doubt it) in a book that allowed a bard to gain specialization in a school of magic.

Does anyone know of anything that could do this?

EDIT:
Herp-Derp.

Incantatrix. Magic of Faerun.

Though any others would be cool.

Also prestige classes that give back restricted schools would be useful.

Taverick
2011-03-09, 05:11 PM
I am certain that once upon a time I found a prestige class, or maybe a feat (though I doubt it) in a book that allowed a bard to gain specialization in a school of magic.

Does anyone know of anything that could do this?

EDIT:
Herp-Derp.

Incantatrix. Magic of Faerun.

Though any others would be cool.

Also prestige classes that give back restricted schools would be useful.

I dunno school specialization, since the bard list is kinda small already and not having access to whole schools (gods forbid you take enchantment as a forbidden school) severally limits ya. So I've never even considered that. However there are some nice prestige classes that focus on certain schools of magic or energy types that the bard can get into. My favorites are Lyric Thaumaturge and Sublime Chord.

Keld Denar
2011-03-09, 06:23 PM
There's a 3 feat chain in...Lost Empires of Faerun??? that gives you back a banned school. Kinda spendy, but if that's your thing, go ahead.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-03-09, 06:26 PM
Note that Incantatrix no longer gives bonus spell slots as of the 3.5 update, but still requires you burn a school for entry.

Warlawk
2011-03-09, 06:59 PM
Note that Incantatrix no longer gives bonus spell slots as of the 3.5 update, but still requires you burn a school for entry.

Of course, that does little to mitigate the crazy power of the prc. Not sure it's the right pick for a bard, but it is really pretty amazing for a straight caster.