PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Do Eidolons Gain +2 to Ability Scores Every 4 HD?

balistafreak
2011-03-08, 08:30 AM
Yes, Eidolons have "ability score advancement" in their table, under "special". This little line grants them +1 to an ability score of choice every 4 HD, as an (Ex) ability.

Thing is, do Pathfinder creatures gain a natural +1 to an ability score every 4 HD or not?

Now, see, many of those things in the table are merely reminders of an Eidolon's statistics due to its HD: skillpoints, saves, BAB, and feats. However, there are also several "boosts" - the additional armor bonus, Str/Dex bonus, the Evolution pool, and the maximum attacks limit.

Is there an FAQ that clarifies this issue?

Saph
2011-03-08, 08:38 AM
There's no FAQ - the Summoner class wasn't brilliantly edited, and there are quite a few bits that need clarification. I've tried to help with this by putting a FAQ in my handbook, but unfortunately there are quite a lot of 'maybe' answers.

I'd guess they don't get the bonus. Eidolons are weird hybrid of PC and monster and don't directly follow the rules for either PC or monster advancement. Since the Eidolon table already covers skills, feats, natural armour, and other ability increases, if it had been intended, they would have mentioned it. (Besides, the Str/Dex bonus they get is much better than +1 per four levels anyway.)