2011-03-08, 12:31 PM
Sylar's Clawguards of Swift Black Horror
Price(item level)11,000 gp (9th)
Body slot:Claws(feet)
Caster Level: 7th
Aura: Moderate(DC18) Conjuation; Weak(DC13)Evocation/Illusion
Activaction: Move(command)
Weight: 2 lbs

These metal clawguards are made to fit over a Drakkensteeds claws.

The clawguards have several magical powers.
*Whenever the mount makes a charge action, the clawguards enhance the sound of the claws striking the ground to sound more thunderous and add small swirls of black smoke.
*The Clawguards have the abilities of Boots of Swift Passage(MIC 78); effecting both the mount and the rider.(Note: teleport 20 feet 5/D)
*Whenever the Teleport function is used the Clawguards release a dark black cloud upon the spot they teleported from, equal to the effect of the Depper Darkness spell(PH 217) that lasts for one round.

Prerequisites:Craft Wondrous Item, Dimension Door, Deeper Darkness, Ghost Sound

Cost to Create: 3,000 gp, 230 XP, 7 days

Lore These clawguards were created Sylar, an Artificer/Paladin of Tyranny of Bane. The basic function of the clawguards is to use the teleportion ability to gain strategic position on a battle field. The deeper darkness is to simply confuse foes when they momentary loose sight of the attacker.

Gamer Girl
2011-03-10, 03:10 PM
I like the flavor of this item.

1.I wonder why the 'thunderous and add small swirls of black smoke' have no game effect?

2.Maybe make the effect an evocation, not an illusion?

bloodtide
2011-03-11, 06:11 PM
I like the flavor of this item.

1.I wonder why the 'thunderous and add small swirls of black smoke' have no game effect?

2.Maybe make the effect an evocation, not an illusion?

1.It was considered, but the player wanted to keep the cost of the item down, so he went for just an illusion effect.

2.Again, for cost reasons, Ghost Sound is a cantrip and cheep.

Gamer Girl
2011-03-12, 12:46 PM
I see.

Just one more question:

What is a Drakkensteed?