PDA

View Full Version : Unova-gonna Believe What We've Got This Generation: Pokemon Thread 8

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Deth Muncher
2011-03-08, 12:55 PM
Hey kids, it's time for the eighth Pokemon Thread In The Playground! If these threads were gyms, we'd have our own freaking Pokemon league by now. What up, Poke-nerds!?

Now to the beloved copypasta.

Hey, these here? These are friend codes (Partially out of date: If they are, post your new codes now and I'll fix them). For your friends. If you're not on here? It means you're not friendly. Also that for whatever reason they didn't get put here. If you're not here, just mention it whenever you can - don't PM me, though, since my box is almost full.
FRIEND CODES:

Legoshrimp: SoulSilver 1849 3954 2553; Diamond 2923 1445 3340.
Kobold Bard: HeartGold 4168 8792 1683.
Freako: SoulSilver 2966 0800 3851; Platinum 1333 4517 6347.
Jimp: SoulSilver 2407 7659 7056
tgva8889: Platinum 3438 0598 0009; SoulSilver 3052 0635 4414
Mattarias, King.: HeartGold 3524 4231 3529.
Linkavitch: HeartGold: 5027 8564 5267
SparkMandriller: 4th Gen, Cart. Unknown 2277 4598 3685
B-Man: SoulSilver: 5371 4488 1062
goldfly: HeartGold: 0174 5615 7997; Black:2537 2940 1185
Deth Muncher: Platinum: 1162 2087 3138
Terry576: Diamond: 0174 5674 2515
AtlanteanTroll: Platinum: 1505 6983 3009; Soul Silver: 1291 5054 9504; White: 3911-6794-1526
master256: HeartGold:4770 4806 9656; Platinum:2450 2269 2301
The-Mage-King: Diamond: 5369 7209 0920; White: 1119 9646 0217
bue52: Platinum:0088 3371 2579; HeartGold: 0689 7808 4229
Geno9999: SoulSilver:1892 8459 0727; Pearl: 5328 7909 7435
oxybe: Heart Gold: 4684 4678 9165; White: 1162 9092 9501
Drascin: B/W? 3525 1309 6530
Ryzouken: Black: 4512 9802 0628; Platinum: 3782 2115 8275
Deuxhero: White: 4727 7229 9821; Soul Silver: 3481 6327 5325
FantasyFoxMan: Heart Gold: 1677-9053-6018; White: 1377-6516-2321
CoffeeIncluded: White: 0389-8063-2889
ShinyRocks: B/W? 2064 8383 8632

Related to the friend codes is the IRC. I don't know what an IRC is, but it apparently is some sort of chatty thing? Use it when you want to trade with folks. It is below this sentence.

irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade

Also, the following members posses TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) ways of getting you TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) hacked Pokeymans.
Kobold-Bard
ryzouken
Hunter Noventa
master256

The Last Thread: Wait, 649 Pokemon? WHO HAS POCKETS THAT BIG?! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181692)

Helpful Links/Hints For Adventuring Ten Year Olds

Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/)
Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/)
Metalkid's Damage Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculatorrs/Damage.aspx)
Metalkid's IV Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx)
Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Breeding For Dummies:

So, you're tired of navigating a Pokemon thread where everyone uses fancy words and stuff? Well no worries! Here's a guide on... BREEDING FOR DUMMIES!

The main thing to remember in breeding is that there are natures that help and ones that hinder. For instance, a Special Attacker such as Mewtwo would be hindered by an Adamant nature, but helped in his stat growth by a Modest nature.

Brilliant Spreadsheet for Growth (http://pokemon.marriland.com/statcalc_dp.php).

If you're breeding for IVs, again, refer to the above spreadsheet. If the stat is at it's maximum capability, (Which is usually between 6-8), then it has a 31 IV stat, which is useful. Unfortunately, if said stat is accompanied with a hindering nature, you'll probably have to use Base Stat Up items to fix that problem.

The main thing with breeding is Egg Moves. Egg moves are moves the parent has, and passes down to a child. For instance, in my breeding of Chimchar, the egg moves are Grass Knot and Swords Dance, which are passed down to the child who gets said moves from the start.

Another Note On Breeding:

You can RNG Abuse when breeding, via tapping the Day Care Checker App right as the game starts to load another area, as in right between Solaceon and Route 209, tap, and an egg will appear.

Things the Pokemon developers didn't tell you about but really should have!; Or, How to be better than everyone!

I figured I'd just go ahead and type this out so confused people can just read it instead of having to ask in the thread. I'm helpful like that. Oh yes.

Don't feel the need to bother with this stuff unless you're playing against humans or at the Battle Frontier. You shouldn't need it for most of the game, and it can be kind of a pain.

Individual Values
Every Pokemon species has its own base stats, as you probably know. Aerodactyl are very fast but have weak defences, Blissey have huge amounts of HP, Luvdisc are terrible at everything but speed, and so on. But, in addition to the normal stat allocation, every Pokemon gets a bonus of 0-31 points applied to each stat. So a level 100 Tyranitar could have an attack stat of 273, or it could have a attack of 304. That bonus is the IV.
A Pokemon has its IVs generated the moment you meet it, or accept its egg, and there's no way to change them. You're stuck with what you've got. However, you can influence them a little, if you're willing to breed. Bred Pokemon don't randomly generate all their IVs, they inherit up to 3 from their parents. Still doesn't help that much, especially if the parents have bad IVs, but what can you do? Typically you just end up hatching like a billion eggs until you get a good one.

Effort Values
Every time you win a fight, your Pokemon get experience, but that's not all they get. Every Pokemon also gives out effort points. For every 4 effort points in a particular stat, your Pokemon gains 1 point in it. So if that Tyranitar from earlier with 304 attack had 4 attack EVs, his actual attack would be 305. If he had 252 attack EVs, it'd be 367. Sounds handy, but there are limits. You can't have more than 255 points in a single stat, and you can't have more than 510 EVs in total.
You'll see a lot of Pokemon with 252 attack/special attack EVs, 252 speed, and 4 HP, but there are a lot of ways to configure them. Defensive Pokemon will obviously focus on different things, Pokemon which use both physical and special attacks will need to split EVs between them or possibly sacrifice speed, and so on.
It's a tremendous pain to work out what EVs your Pokemon has, so you'll likely want to start with a Pokemon that you freshly hatched and work from there, though you don't have to. There are 6 berries that reduce EVs in a single stat each, so you can use those to reset your Pokemon and start from scratch. After that, just keep a careful record of what you fight, and only take down Pokemon that you know give you the EVs you want.
EV training takes a while, but there are a few ways you can speed it up. The first is an astonishingly rare status condition called Pokerus. Any Pokemon with Pokerus gets double EVs from fights, and will spread the Pokerus to any Pokemon in your party for the first 72 hours after it catches it. After those 72 hours it stops being contagious, but still gets double EVs. Pokerus has something like 1/20000 chance to appear on wild Pokemon, but with the magic of the internet I'm sure you can obtain it.
The second way to speed up EV training is through Power Items. If a Pokemon is holding the right item, they get bonus EVs from every fight. For example, a Pokemon holding a Power Lens will get 4 special attack EVs. A Pokemon holding a Power Anklet will get 4 speed EVs. A Pokemon holding a Macho Brace will just get double the EVs of whatever they're fighting. These bonuses are doubled if you have pokerus.
The third way to speed up EVs is through vitamins. Each vitamin given to a Pokemon gives them +10 EVs in a certain stat, up to a limit of 100. 1 protein gives 10 attack EVs, 10 give 100. These unfortunately aren't doubled by pokerus or items, so you'll have to pay for the full amount. Luckily money is easy to come by in these games.

Just as an example, I'll show how I EV'd my Gengar.
First, I gave him 10 calcium, and 10 carbos, so 100 special attack and 100 speed already.
After that, I gave him pokerus and a lucky egg, got him to meet a Floatzel (2 speed EVs, doubled to 4 because of Pokerus), and then sent out my Weezing to explode on it so Gengar could get all the experience, for a higher level and 100 special attack, 104 speed.
After that, I gave him a Power Lens, flew over to the Old Chateau, and killed 15 Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 from the lens, doubled to 10 from pokerus) for 150 special attack EVs, bringing my total to 250 special attack, 104 speed.
After that I equipped a power anklet and killed one more Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 speed from the anklet, doubled to 2 and 8 from Pokerus), meaning Gengar had 252 attack, and 112 speed.
Leaving the anklet equipped, I flew to Route 201, and killed 14 Starly (1 speed from Starly, 4 from the anklet, meaning 10 speed per starly thanks to Pokerus), for a total of 252 attack, 252 speed.
All that was left after that was to kill a Bidoof with a Power Weight (1 HP from Bidoof, 4 from the Weight, 10 thanks to Pokerus, although I only gained 6 points because I hit the EV cap), leaving my Gengar with 252 special attack EVs, 252 Speed, and 4 HP, just how I wanted him.
Roughly an hour's work, and one Pokemon down.

tl;dr: The simplified version of EVs/IVs - EVs are gained by fighting other pokemon. They vary by the pokemon defeated. They increase your stats for every 4 gained. IVs are inherent to a pokemon. They increase stats for every point possessed, and range from 0 to 31. EVs have to be manually tracked or else removed entirely with certain berries. IVs can be checked by knowing the EVs of a pokemon and then plugging its stats into an IV calculator. The higher the pokemon's level, the more accurate; level 100 wifi battles provide maximum accuracy.

Thanks go to whoever I stole this from, for the useful summary - It was probably Spark Mandriller, but I don't remember. Claim credit, yo!

Things to note in Gen V:
TMs are infinite use. Word.

If there are other cool things to know about Gen V, let me know and they can go here!

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 01:06 PM
So yeah, it [Audino] is good for EXP. That's it.

Anyway, I just caught a Shelmet, anybody want it? They can keep it, as long as they're willing to help me evolve my Karrablast (and their new Shelmet while they're at it). I have a Dentist Appointment, so anyone interested give me a PM or a shout out here.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-08, 01:13 PM
A heads up for anyone thinking 'Oh, I won't get a flyer til I can get the eagle/vulture.'

Don't. You can't get them til after 7th gym. What's more, you'll be asked to go back to like, Castelia. Walk if you like. I gave in and caught a Pidove.

If anyone is curious, my team.

Rain, the Rufflet. Level 36. Male. (Named after Rainbow Dash!)
Kira, the Pawniard. Level 35, about to level. Male.
Mia, Reunucleus. Or however you spell that. Level 44. Female.
Lenore, evolved turtle fossil thing. Abagoura or something. Level 44, Female.
Lucius, Serperier. Level 44. Male.
And Navika, Scolipede. Level 44, Female.

They rawk.

Wargor
2011-03-08, 01:16 PM
Thread titles. So bad they're good. :smallcool:

tonberrian
2011-03-08, 01:59 PM
Here's a thought: Pokemon came into the world in '96 and the US specifically in late '98 - I was 9 when I got it. Now in early '11 I'm still playing. I don't have any kids, but I do have a handful of friends that do. How long before we're gonna see testimonials about introducing second-generation Poke-nerds to their first partners? Parents trading with children so that both can complete their Pokedexes?

It makes me feel old.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 02:08 PM
I guess in japan you could have it now, but since their aren't many young people in Japan, who knows. As for the West, well... Gen VI definitely. Probably a select few this generation.

EDIT: WTH, if you FISH at Draginspiral Tower (something you can only do once you beat the E4,) you have a 1% chance of catching a wild Dragonite.

:smallsmile::smalleek::smallmad:

Lix Lorn
2011-03-08, 02:22 PM
And this is bad... why?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 02:41 PM
Not bad, weird. Want to help me with my Karrablast Lix?

EDIT: I here Shikamaru's EnglisH VA whenever Cheren talks. :}

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 03:24 PM
So, I've realized the most awesome move of this gen...

Razor Shell.

Anyway, current party in White (Mid-3rd gym):
Nickname, level, species, gender, nature, held

Sworddemon, 21, Dewott, M, Brave, Mystic Water

Violet, 17, Herdier, F, Hasty, Amulet Coin

Tinkerlil, 17, Petilil, F, Hardy, Big Root

Unnamed, 16, Munna, F, Careful, none

Unnamed, 16, Throh, M, Sassy, none

Unnamed, 16 17 (just leveled), Pansear, M, Mild, none

Suggestions for nicknaming the last three?

Orzel
2011-03-08, 03:30 PM
Dear Game.
STOP NATURE AND GENDER SCREWING ME!

Love
Orzel
:smallfurious::smallfrown:

tonberrian
2011-03-08, 03:36 PM
Drowzee, Chuck, and Chimchar respectively.

Caught myself an Audino and a Drillbur. Now hopefully the other elemonkeys will cooperate when I come for them later. I'm not even gonna try for Sawk.

Is it just me, or is there a distinct lack of 'mons to catch in early Unova? I could have sworn that I had much more available 'mons pre-gym 1 and 2 in other versions.

Mando Knight
2011-03-08, 03:40 PM
So, I've realized the most awesome move of this gen...

Razor Shell.
Of course. It's a Scalchop slash.

Suggestions for nicknaming the last three?
Throh: name him Chuck. Or Walker.

Munna: Like tonberrian suggests, the only thing I can think of is Drowzee or Hypno. Or Hamm, if it was male. It is adorable, though.

Pansear: Honestly, this thing just feels like Chimchar's less-awesome cousin. Could call him Diddy. I'd save Funky for Simisage or Simipour, though.

Orzel
2011-03-08, 03:47 PM
My throh is named Chuck.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 03:49 PM
Throh: name him Chuck. Or Walker.
well, he's only in my party because I needed a fighting type, and he had the better stats. I named my, uh... The fighting type with the log, Lumberjack.

'Cause he's okay.

Munna: Like tonberrian suggests, the only thing I can think of is Drowzee or Hypno. Or Hamm, if it was male. It is adorable, though.

You also forgot that it's awesome. Yawn? On a level 8? Excellent for me.

Anyway, I'll think it over. I mean, I don't need a name, but having one would be nice.

Pansear: Honestly, this thing just feels like Chimchar's less-awesome cousin. Could call him Diddy. I'd save Funky for Simisage or Simipour, though.

Hm... Good idea.

And it appears that the NPCs are cheating again. Joy.

Mando Knight
2011-03-08, 03:56 PM
well, he's only in my party because I needed a fighting type, and he had the better stats. I named my, uh... The fighting type with the log, Lumberjack.

'Cause he's okay.
Conkeldurr (and its earlier states) look silly, but 'durr has simply massive Attack. Certainly a good excuse for using the Herp-A-Derp Clown Construction Co. Between Throh and Conkeldurr, the big difference is whether you want Defense (Throh has more HP and SpDef at a small cost in physical Defense) or Attack... they have the same Speed and neither one has enough SpAtk to do much more than tickle a Caterpie (or Roggenrola if'n ye want to stick with Unova Pokémon).

You also forgot that it's awesome. Yawn? On a level 8? Excellent for me.
Well, yeah. Early sleep is always good. Other than that, it mostly just waits until you've got a Moon Stone to evolve it with.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-08, 04:01 PM
Uh...Morpheus for Munna, Ernie for Throh, and Pepper for Pansear?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 04:04 PM
Holy... I just beat the 3rd gym leader. With only my starter remaining. With 9 hp. Man that was tough...

Drascin
2011-03-08, 04:17 PM
So yeah, it [Audino] is good for EXP. That's it.

Mine has proven rather useful to me. It can take pretty much anything anyone has tossed at it, Work Up, and then punch stuff out. Plus it lets me buy time to heal my main hitters when they're hurt - Audino will almost never take less than four turns to fall at the absolute least. Given the bunch of glass cannons that are the rest of my team, this is really nice. If this thing had Swords Dance, it would be nicely hax.

In other news, I seem to remember some people needed stuff with Pokérus? I'd like it if people told me and gave me a headcount, so I know how many extra mons I'm gonna need to catch and infect. And if any of these people wanting pokérus happens to have a Pawniard (which evolves to Kamen Rider) or Golett (which evolves to Big O), I'd be eternally thankful :smallbiggrin:.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-08, 04:33 PM
Holy... I just beat the 3rd gym leader. With only my starter remaining. With 9 hp. Man that was tough...

I've got one better. Lenora.

Simon (Drilbur) got one-shotted by Take Down, Kaylee (Herdier) got one-shotted by a critical hit Take Down that bypassed the Intimidate, Eric (Blitzle) got one-shotted by Retaliate after firing off a Thunder Wave at the Watchog, and Kazumi (Dewott) was left with one hit point.

ShinyRocks
2011-03-08, 05:05 PM
Don't diss Audino!

Actually, yeah, they're kind of rubbish, but I'm obsessed with Entrainment. I normally just go all out attack (against the computer, it's generally enough), but the ability to change opponent's Abilities is amazing. No more static, no more effect spore, no more poison point, no more sturdy .... And to replace it with Healer, which has no effect in single battles is just awesome.

I love my Audino.

Partof1
2011-03-08, 05:05 PM
I'm happy with my party, and as said above, get a flyer other than the cool ones :P I got a Tranquill named Airliner

And the Party itself:

K. Roole, the Krokorok, lvl 35
Unibrow, the Throh, lvl 35
Stripes, the Zebstrika, lvl 34
Commodore, the Dewott lvl 35
Victini, lvl 34
and Li'l K.C., a stoutland, lvl 36 (named for my own large dog, K.C.)

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 05:36 PM
In other news, I seem to remember some people needed stuff with Pokérus? I'd like it if people told me and gave me a headcount, so I know how many extra mons I'm gonna need to catch and infect. And if any of these people wanting pokérus happens to have a Pawniard (which evolves to Kamen Rider) or Golett (which evolves to Big O), I'd be eternally thankful :smallbiggrin:.

Big O? Also I would appreciate it, not sure what'd you like in return though...

Linkavitch
2011-03-08, 05:37 PM
Cool, new thread.

I'm trying to name all the mons I catch except for the Legendaries. Here are a few of my faves:

Oshawott line: Hinjo
Scraggy: Pot G. (Pants on the Ground)
Sandile line: Nixon
Lillipup line: Mr. Scot(ty)
Throh and Sawk: Burt and Ernie, respectively. (Thanks to however originally posted that here, btw)
Vanillite: DairyQueen (or King, as the case may be.)

Note, I'm not actually using all of these pokemon, but these are just some Nicknames I like.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 05:49 PM
Cool, new thread.

I'm trying to name all the mons I catch except for the Legendaries. Here are a few of my faves:

Oshawott line: Hinjo
Scraggy: Pot G. (Pants on the Ground)
Sandile line: Nixon
Lillipup line: Mr. Scot(ty)
Throh and Sawk: Burt and Ernie, respectively. (Thanks to however originally posted that here, btw)
Vanillite: DairyQueen (or King, as the case may be.)

Note, I'm not actually using all of these pokemon, but these are just some Nicknames I like.

Burt and Ernie would be mine. :P

Alos, GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Why!? Why Relic Castle? Huh? Giant time killer!! Did help me grind Two pokemon to 40 though, I mean, I guess...

ryzouken
2011-03-08, 06:11 PM
Aaand I'm awake now. Oxy, if you're able to trade, let me know, I'll watch this thread like a watchog.

Woo! Someone used my Krookodile=Nixon naming scheme!

I am one of those poor souls who desire the 'rus.

Mando Knight
2011-03-08, 06:20 PM
Big O?

It's a giant robot (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigO) from a Giant Robot Anime with Noir influences. Its dub was popular enough that the studio actually wrote a second season because of its success in America.

The robot is piloted by Batman. Kinda. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Expy)

ryzouken
2011-03-08, 06:28 PM
I found it boring as hell, but w/e. Course, I usually watch stuff like Gurren Lagann and Gundam for my giant robot anime, so I guess my lack of appreciation for it was founded in my preference for the above "high speed" mecha anime as well as the intemperance of my youth.

Course, more recently I watched Spice and Wolf (Commerce!), which is about as action packed as drying paint, and enjoyed it. Perhaps my tastes have matured.

Or maybe my appreciation of Spice and Wolf is built off my appreciation of harem anime... ah anime, truly your depth and potential for discussion is near infinite.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 06:53 PM
Oh, GoletT, the Ghost/Ground Golem thing? Cause I have one, and will totally trade for a Pokerus 'mon.

Orzel
2011-03-08, 07:22 PM
My current team

Chuck- LVL 34 Throh
Saltine - LVL 25 Duckett
Belle- LVL 30 Petilil
Cellia- LVL 19 Solosis
Cleopatra LVL 29- Yamask
Fire Face- LVL 34 Darumaka

3dit:
In the box
Princess -LVL 19 Servine
Slab- Dwebble
Slipstream- Archen
DumNatur- Drillbur
BadNatur- Drillbur
Gaah!- Drillbur

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 07:34 PM
Yeah, where do you catch Drillbur? I'm lazy, and am just going to ask.

Playing White at the moment, BTW, so if in Black, I'll fire it up and catch one of them.

EDIT: And I'd like the 'rus if possible. I should be able to use my school's internet with this now, but I'm not sure...

Hunter Noventa
2011-03-08, 07:43 PM
Just traded a Sandile for a Canadian Solosis in black, I'm so happy. ^_^

Also I can't wait for my Golett/Golurk so I can fly on my giant robot.

ryzouken
2011-03-08, 07:53 PM
Also I can't wait for my Golett/Golurk so I can fly on my giant robot.

They learn Fly?

It's a gundam! /explodes

Erm... Bulbapedia appears to... uh... have crashed. I knew they were experiencing strain related server slow downs, but they've outright crashed now I think. Blank page at their url.

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 08:08 PM
Gundam? Nah, it's designed by an American and found in New Jersey. It's Megas!

Anyways, got the Joltik elsewhere and am happily progressing through the game with my Timid compoundeyes Joltik.

I would still like an (Adamant with Night Slash prefered) Oshawatt. Will trade Snivy.

White FC:4727 7229 9821

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 08:10 PM
Wait, I thought Drascin wanted the Golet. My head hurts. (Wouldn't help that I've been home (ACTUAL FACTUAL) sick these last two days.)

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 08:10 PM
Erm... Bulbapedia appears to... uh... have crashed. I knew they were experiencing strain related server slow downs, but they've outright crashed now I think. Blank page at their url.

It ain't down. I'm viewing it right now!

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 08:15 PM
Hmm, my party is now

Smoky (Female Jolly Herdier with Intimidate) level 27
Smugleaf (Female Bold Servine) level 27 (starting to fall behind and likely first out, the line's awful movepool with do that to ya)
Swagodile (Male Adamant Sandile with Intimidate) level 28 (Will change nickname upon evolution, pretty awesome as soon as it got some levels and Dig. The first I caught was Adamant!)
Yamame (Female Timid Joltik with Compoundeyes) level 27 (Had friend breed for me, so far pretty cool, needs better moves though)

Used to use
Panpour (Serious male) @ 22, but it really felt like the load, so I stoped using it.

I plan on grabing a Litwick when I first see one, but what should I replace Smugleaf with?

Also, I notice Unova's tech level is a lot higher than other regions. It feels like an intentional similarity to Orre (fair enough, both are based on US States)

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 08:17 PM
It ain't down. I'm viewing it right now!

How dare you steal Bulbapedia!! :smallfurious: (No, but seriously, I'm on it too.)

... Zoroark isn't that good of a Pokemon. He's OK, and once I beat the plot I'll probably breed a competitive one for fun but... Should I replace him? If I do, it's Larvesta or Braviary (or Ferroseed or Pawniard or....), because I think Rufflet is availbale soon.

Hmm, my party is now

Smoky (Female Jolly Herdier with Intimidate) level 27
Smugleaf (Female Bold Servine) level 27 (starting to fall behind and likely first out, the line's awful movepool with do that to ya)
Swagodile (Male Adamant Sandile with Intimidate) level 28 (Will change nickname upon evolution, pretty awesome as soon as it got some levels and Dig. The first I caught was Adamant!)
Yamame (Female Timid Joltik with Compoundeyes) level 27 (Had friend breed for me, so far pretty cool, needs better moves though)

Used to use
Panpour (Serious male) @ 22, but it really felt like the load, so I stoped using it.

I plan on grabing a Litwick when I first see one, but what should I replace Smugleaf with?

The TM for Dig, ... You should have it by now. (Assuming you beat the 3rd Gym) Oh, and Ferroseed, but they aren't available tll you beat Clay. So, meh.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 08:18 PM
Yeah, how do you transfer the legendary beasts to White? I'm asking because I'm too lazy to figure it out.

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 08:19 PM
Yeah, how do you transfer the legendary beasts to White? I'm asking because I'm too lazy to figure it out.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/relocator.shtml

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 08:19 PM

Relocator. In Castelia. Need 2 DSs.

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 08:22 PM
The TM for Dig, ... You should have it by now. (Assuming you beat the 3rd Gym) Oh, and Ferroseed, but they aren't available tll you beat Clay. So, meh.

I said it was awesome when it got Dig. I have the TM.

Who checks Happiness in B/W? I assume Smoky (being caught on route 1 and never traded) likes me enough to get more than 90 power out of return, but can't hurt to check.

Orzel
2011-03-08, 08:24 PM
I want of evolve my Petilil but I don't want to use my only Sun Stone. :(

And there aren't many other sleep move users :(

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 08:25 PM
Who checks Happiness in B/W? I assume Smoky (being caught on route 1 and never traded) likes me enough to get more than 90 power out of return, but can't hurt to check.

Serebii has a page on useful NPCs, I'd check there.

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 08:25 PM
There's a 2nd in Relic Castle, and it's not like there are any other pokes to use it on pre-national dex.

Also: Battle Subway reminds me of one of the senseate halls in Planescape Torment. Also, awesome rock remix of the battle tower/frontier theme.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 08:33 PM
I need a Nickname for my Zorua. Any suggestions?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-08, 08:37 PM
I need a Nickname for my Zorua. Any suggestions?

Dump-Me-Around-the-8th-Gym?

Nah, I just didn't Nickname mine, though I seriously considered Anti.

So Pawniard or Zoroark?

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 08:38 PM
Diego Vega?

edit: Hmm, while NoA apparently censored the Hiker and Kindergartner conversations on the ferris wheel, they seem to have made WhiteXWaitress more yuritastic. Apparently in the JPN version she mentions boy troubles, which is gone in favor of much more ambiguous lines in the US release. Nice.

Hunter Noventa
2011-03-08, 09:07 PM
I want of evolve my Petilil but I don't want to use my only Sun Stone. :(

And there aren't many other sleep move users :(

Problem is that it's evolution has only 3 moves to learn, but one is learned at a much lower level than the good moves Petilil has, and is awesome.

Goldfly
2011-03-08, 09:08 PM
Gundam? Nah, it's designed by an American and found in New Jersey. It's Megas!

Anyways, got the Joltik elsewhere and am happily progressing through the game with my Timid compoundeyes Joltik.

I would still like an (Adamant with Night Slash prefered) Oshawatt. Will trade Snivy.

White FC:4727 7229 9821

I have to say, Joltik might be kind of irritating to train, but Galvantula is definitely worth it. Mine is completely ripping through the sixth gym.

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 09:19 PM
Hmm, so any advice on the 4th/5th guy?

Also, still looking for an Oshawott (prefer Adamant with Night Slash)

FC:4727 7229 9821

Orzel
2011-03-08, 09:21 PM
Problem is that it's evolution has only 3 moves to learn, but one is learned at a much lower level than the good moves Petilil has, and is awesome.

I know. Petilil is SOOOO fragile I can't use it to catch pokemon anymore. I'm gonna switch to a Thunder Wave user for my catcher. Joltik or Blitzle?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 09:23 PM
FINALLY FOUND A DRILBUR!

Yeah. I'm excited. I want one. And I'm about to challenge gym 4.

Do the math.

EDIT: Figured out what to name my Zorua.

Spah. As in "Spah's Sappin' Mah Sentry!"

Orzel
2011-03-08, 09:25 PM
FINALLY FOUND A DRILBUR!

Yeah. I'm excited. I want one. And I'm about to challenge gym 4.

Do the math.

I got 3.

And they have Attack- or Speed- Natures and are male. :smallfrown:

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 09:28 PM
I got a female fairly early on and have been using it as an HM slave...

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 09:30 PM
I got 3.

And they have Attack- or Speed- Natures and are male. :small frown:

Wait, you have some with Speed natures?

Mine's male, Mild nature. So, Special Attack boosted.

What nature are you lookign for?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-08, 09:31 PM
I got one that had a defensive nature. So that's okay, since Drilbur's fragile. Once Simon got Dig...:smallamused:

Orzel
2011-03-08, 09:34 PM
I hate you all. :smalltongue:

Don't forget to get your Casteliacone today!

3dit:
Minus Speed or Minus attack natures are the ones I got.

I'd like Adamant, Impish, or Jolly.
But at this point, I don't care as long as it the nature doesn't nerf speed or attack.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 09:37 PM
I hate you all. :smalltongue:

Don't forget to get your Casteliacone today!

Already did. Then I SOLD it for 20 times what I payed, I believe.

Anyway, I was going to say... "I don't want Mild. I want a speed focused 'mon. Care to trade sometime?"

But since you hate me...

EDIT: Oh. I thought you mean + speed or attack... Never mind my offer, then.

Partof1
2011-03-08, 10:15 PM
My K. Roole is so lucky she evolved into Krookodile. I was this close to boxing her.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 10:19 PM
Realization- if I challenge someone with black/white to a battle after I transfer my Diamond version, I can use the line when using my (currently) Zorua: SPAHS SAPPIN' YOUR SENTRET! (http://ranger.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/spys_sappn_my_sentret.gif)

tribble
2011-03-08, 10:30 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/SawSSN8XH_I/AAAAAAAAeLI/NwMIDvfVtDI/s1600/far-and-away-cruise_l.jpg
Shannon... I think, I like Unova.

Wood ye like a pookemon, here ye goo. Would ye like another pookemon, here ye goo!

Now being done with making you read this in Tom Cruise's voice, I especially like having a second rival. Now it's MY turn to be Gary Oak...

The-Mage-King
2011-03-08, 10:48 PM
I can do better.

http://www.jacksofscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/oak.jpg
You are now reading this thread in my voice.

FantasyFoxMan
2011-03-08, 11:02 PM
So, is it wrong that some of the people I usually associate myself with when it comes to Pokemon have already reached past B/W's endgame and I'm still chugging along to the 6th Gym? :V

Also, the lack of my friend codes is saddening. No matter, I shall also summon my powers of copy-and-paste and repost them! :smalltongue:

HeartGold: Name- Tyler, Code- 1677-9053-6018
White: Name- Tyler, Code- 1377-6516-2321

Now, who wants to help Murdurr the Gurdurr evolve? :smallbiggrin:

ryzouken
2011-03-08, 11:03 PM
@Top of Page: Man, what?
@ 2nd Post of page: Hah! I've forgotten what his voice sounds like!
@ preceding post: Meh, I'm only up to the 5th gym. I take my time. I can assist with that evolution, PM sent.

Black FC: 4512 9802 0628

In general: I think I'm narrowing down on what my endgame/competitive team will look like. Were we still planning on doing some kind of tournament thing in about two-three months from now?

EDIT: we seriously need either a Vent server or a chatroom. Sigh...
EDIT 2: Trading window closed after 20 minutes. I'm off to eat.

deuxhero
2011-03-08, 11:59 PM
I'm at the 5th gym, but stopped before doing it because I'm tired. Also thinking of what my 5th member should be.

Also, why does Golurk, the Giant Robot from Jersey, not learn Gear Change? How am I supposed to find first gear in a giant robot if it doesn't have Gear Change?

FantasyFoxMan
2011-03-09, 12:39 AM
'Cause it's more "reanimated-golem" than "giant robot". You do get Heavy Bomber, though, so that kinda makes up for it thanks to its massive weight. :V

On a related note, I kinda want to transfer the extra legendary beasts and Celebis I've got lying around to White so I can get me some Zorua and Zoroark.

Also, that Gamestop Celebi... Does that access that Giovanni time-travelling thing? I don't know if it does or not.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 12:55 AM
It does unlock the time travel thing. I did it meself.

Fairly certain the whole transfer from 4th gen thing needs proximity, and so cannot be done via internet. (it uses the DS to create an ad hoc local network that the 4th gen DS connects to in order to transfer mons forward.)

I'm hopping in the wifi room for trading.

Drascin
2011-03-09, 01:03 AM
Oh, GoletT, the Ghost/Ground Golem thing? Cause I have one, and will totally trade for a Pokerus 'mon.

Awesome. Am I lucky enough that it has the Iron Fist ability instead of Klutz? (it can have both, and Klutz is kind of a dud ability)

In any case, while right now I'm going to class, I'll leave my Friend code here so we can trade this afternoon if we manage to get to coincide (freaking timezones).

Name: Drascin. Code: 3525 1309 6530

Mando Knight
2011-03-09, 03:45 AM
Also, why does Golurk, the Giant Robot from Jersey, not learn Gear Change? How am I supposed to find first gear in a giant robot if it doesn't have Gear Change?
Because it's not a giant robot car. Obviously. Also, it's Big O (a giant robot from Thinly-Veiled New York City), not Megas XLR.

'Cause it's more "reanimated-golem" than "giant robot". You do get Heavy Bomber, though, so that kinda makes up for it thanks to its massive weight. :V
On the other hand, it can learn Fly, much like a Super Robot, as well as Solar, Ice, and Charge Beams and Thunderbolt.

Also, that Gamestop Celebi... Does that access that Giovanni time-travelling thing? I don't know if it does or not.
Yes it does. It checks for an event Celebi, which is exactly what the Gamestop one is.

Level8Mudcrab
2011-03-09, 05:28 AM
I'll finally be getting White tommorow. Then I'll be able to understand more of the conversations going on here :smalltongue:

TheArsenal
2011-03-09, 05:38 AM
Is The new game worth buying? Is there any new gameplay features? Cause honestly, the gameplay is getting stale for me.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:08 AM
Awesome. Am I lucky enough that it has the Iron Fist ability instead of Klutz? (it can have both, and Klutz is kind of a dud ability)

In any case, while right now I'm going to class, I'll leave my Friend code here so we can trade this afternoon if we manage to get to coincide (freaking timezones).

Name: Drascin. Code: 3525 1309 6530

Ohhh! You're on!! Do you want a Shelmet BTW? You can kep it if you help me evolve Karablast. Heck, I could catch another one for you!

Also, the Golett has Iron Fist. So goody for you!

EDIT: In case you missed it, my FCs 3911-6794-1526

2DIT: Damn my reading, well, I should be here at noon. Im here all day. (Though I may be seeing a doctor this afternoon...) Anyway, Im GMT -5.

3DIT: What happens hen Shedinja uses Substitute???

Aotrs Commander
2011-03-09, 09:20 AM
As I started Black, I figured I should, y'know, probably finished at least one game of gen IV. Or maybe make the final progress towards finishing Emerald and FireRed and that Mewtwo Colosseum run so I can get Ho-oh and thus finally top off my Gen III pokedex...

I was ill over the weekend, and got up at 3 in the morning, and ended up going through the Elite Four of the previous Gen III games (LeafGreen, my primary with the pokedex, plus Ruby/Sapphire), and spent the next day preping the aforementioned pre-league gen III teams from EV leveling and doing the same for my diamond team.

And then I made the mistake of thinking, "hey, the last three times I fought the E4 were urine-easy (ish), so Diamond's should be a piece of cake. Heck, I've got a lvl 54 Staravia, 50-ish Infernape and Luxray; Bidoof, Beautifly and Dialga are level 50 and everyone's EV-maxed out (plus Dialga's got what must be nearly max IV on special attack!) Level 50 should be plenty..."

So, yeah, good time to find out the Diamond E4 not only are higher level than I expected (recalling previous gens having about 40 or 50 as my estimated level...), but also have a totally different makeup to the prior three gens...

(Been so long since I got to the League I'd long since forgotten the level of the rival fight when you first get there.)

Hgggh. That, was, as they say, not fun. Didn't help I hadn't brought much in the way of healing items, because, feh, I butchered the last set of E4s, didn't I? *facepalm*. I did win, despite the game being pretty much against me for the first three battles (I've never had that many crits on me in such a short time...)

Considering I went in totally unprepared (I normally look at walkthrough for this sort of thing, I like to be Captain Preparation), and probably well under-levelled ('cos when I started and saw the lowest level enemy was only one level lower than my highest, I practically wet myself), I am kinda proud I actually managed to win. Especially when you consider most of my attacks which were super-effective on the opposition were on rather weak Pokemon (Beautifly/Bidoof, who were really my capture team for cryin' out loud) or were themselves often vulnerable to super-effective attacks back (poor Nova, my Infernape got quite a kicking). Being down getting on for ten levels hurt on speed something rotten...

I suspect the only reason I did win was having maxed out pretty much on attack/special attack on everyone (and SA/Spd and A/Spd on Beautifly and Staravia respectively), which at least made sure when we did hit we hit quite hard...

Unsurprisingly, I ended up relying on Dialga's Spacial Rend (hooray for having about 70 leppa berries for just such an occurance) way more than I'd intended. 'Mon of the match has to go to Hurricane (my Staravia), who, thanks to being equipped with a Shell Bell and spamming Brave Bird at the last, actually managed to solo about the first four of Cynthia's Pokemon before finally getting KO'd. By the time I was done, I was out of healing items (notably revives), aside from a couple of Full Restores (which I'd held to the last for the more difficult battles).

But, y'know, I did, so lesson learned...

So, back on Black then. I've spent several attempts trying to link to the GTS until I found out it was offline until the end of March (nice...) Still, at least I can snag Victrini when I get that far; finally, my new Wireless dongle means I can actually get onto the web with my DS. (Thank you, Nintendo and Virgin Media, for helpfully not having compatible encryption; though I'm blaming the former more than the latter...) Though I still have to turn my firewall off to get a signal, so it's still not a great compromise, but okay for short bursts.

Not idea what my friend code is (or even sure where to find it), though: I vaguely recall when I was trying before to net in aaaages ago, one of the wireless minion ladies told me she couldn't retrieve it, but damned if I can remember which bit where...

Still, not doing bad with Black. Took me several attempts to get a decent Oshawott, though, which kinda took the edge off the new, long intro...

Currently, my team is:

Overflow (Oshawott, Male) L15
Heatshock (Pansear) L14
Purrloin (to be named Raider1) L14
Blitzle (to be named Gloaming2) L14
Munna L14
Pidove L14 (because I refuse to not have something that can learn Fly, dammit, and this is best I've got at the moment...)

I've just reached Nacrene and next job is catch me a Drilbur. And eventually a Sandile. Unusually, I've not planned ahead for the rest, so we'll see...

1After playing so many games, (all seven of Gen III, plus Diamond and HeartGold, I've taken to not nicknaming my Pokemon until I've had chance to look them over and decide they're good enough for the primary team (i.e. nature/ability/gender-wise. Yes, I am a bit anal about it, but what can you do?) I've got so many of the little buggers now, I even had to do a spread sheet to keep track of who's where. I was impressed to find I only repeated a name on two occasions across the well over 700 Pokemon I have, considering that a mean of two of each evoloutionary line in Gen III is nicknamed...

1Because she was caught with a dusk ball at light, and I'm REALLY starting to run out of cool names that fit within ten characters... Actually, Gloaming was a nice catch. First Blitzle I encountered, Naive nature (which is fine as far as I'm concerned), Motor Drive, very finicky characteristic, which at least speaks to a passably good SA. Makes for a change. (Frag knows how much effort it took me to get Raider, a female Purrloin with a decent nature and Limber...)

ShinyRocks
2011-03-09, 09:31 AM
Am I missing something? Why does everybody seem to be so keen to get a Drilbur? I caught one in the first cave right at the beginning and stuck it in the box. Levelled it a bit for the electric gym, and then back in the box.

Orzel
2011-03-09, 09:38 AM
Metagame prediction.

With unlimited TMs, I expect WoW and TWave spam in wifi battles due to no need for breeding tricks. Aromatherapy will be popular.

Cuz I spam them like crazy in game.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 09:52 AM
Am I missing something? Why does everybody seem to be so keen to get a Drilbur? I caught one in the first cave right at the beginning and stuck it in the box. Levelled it a bit for the electric gym, and then back in the box.

It's a reference to Gurren Lagann. It's drill will pierce the heavens!

ShinyRocks
2011-03-09, 09:54 AM
Ahhh.

I can't use it because its moving fingers creep me out.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 10:17 AM
Thanks to Drascin, I now have an Escalavier. Do I use it, or Pawniard?

Lix Lorn
2011-03-09, 10:39 AM
Pawniard!
(Slashslashslash!)
...and now I want a female called Miko.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-09, 10:48 AM
I am getting absolutely BONED when it comes to shakey-grass-mons. I keep getting Audino, which while fun for XP, sucks because I want my damn rare Pokeymans.

Currently, my team is:
Smugleaf (Servine)
Blitzle
Throh
Roggenrolla
Panpour
Munna

I have evolutionary stones for the last two. They're not yet level 20 - should I evolve them?

EDIT: Roggy is about to evolve, I think, so there's that.

Qwertystop
2011-03-09, 10:51 AM
I am getting absolutely BONED when it comes to shakey-grass-mons. I keep getting Audino, which while fun for XP, sucks because I want my damn rare Pokeymans.
I think Audino is the only one to show up in shaky-grass. I know that's true for the first few routes.

ShinyRocks
2011-03-09, 10:55 AM
I kept getting Emolga in shaky grass later on. I hate Emolga.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 10:59 AM
Pawniard!
(Slashslashslash!)
...and now I want a female called Miko.

Mmmmmmm. OK.

I kept getting Emolga in shaky grass later on. I hate Emolga.

Me too, mainly because when I was in Nimbasa I had nothing to use inthe Gym, and Emolga kept getting me with Static.

Deth Muncher: Replace Panpour. Simipour looks dumb, and there are much better Water types, like Tympole. Who doesn't want a Seismitoad?

Lix Lorn
2011-03-09, 11:04 AM
Deth Muncher: Replace Panpour. Simipour looks dumb, and there are much better Water types, like Tympole. Who doesn't want a Seismitoad?
Me. Ick. Abagoura (Sp?) all the way.

Aotrs Commander
2011-03-09, 11:04 AM

I'm getting one because it has a stupidly high attack stat, myself...

Mistral
2011-03-09, 11:17 AM
I think Audino is the only one to show up in shaky-grass. I know that's true for the first few routes.

Besides Emolga in later routes, there's also whichever of the two fighting types (Throh/Sawk) is rare in your version outside Pinwheel Forest, and the elemental monkeys inside the Pinwheel and Lostlorn Forests, I believe.

For me, my Excadrill Orville is covering a crippling weakness to rock and flying in my team, since I have two Bugs (Garvantula, Larvesta) and one Fighting type (Gurdurr, replaced by Mienfoo). It has Steel/Ground typing, which resists both, and it learns both Rock and Ground type moves to counter them.

Also, in unrelated news, the Mistralton City Gym amused me greatly.
Particularly, the last set of cannons before you reach the boss. Go through the hoops until you hit a brick wall? I'm pretty sure it's all but official, now, that I'm very easily amused.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/Culise/Internet%20Uploads/Pokemon-KamitsureCannon.jpg

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 11:23 AM
Me. Ick. Abagoura (Sp?) all the way.

While I love that Turtle, you have to wait till after the 3rd Gym, and it's a pain to get back to the Nacarene w/o Fly.

EDIT: Once I beat N for the last time and the 8th Gym, I'm replacing my Vanillish for something... Maybe that slow as crap Dragon?

FantasyFoxMan
2011-03-09, 11:39 AM
On the other hand, it can learn Fly, much like a Super Robot, as well as Solar, Ice, and Charge Beams and Thunderbolt.

Yes, but why would you want to teach it those moves? Its Special Attack is pitiful. Fly is okay, though. :V

deuxhero
2011-03-09, 11:43 AM
I'm curious (being able to beat my friend would also be nice) what the best team I could make out of the stuff from my recent playthroughs (I also have a SS in-game team, but the stuff there isn't that worthwhile beyond the EV trained Espeon, and I can't clone from there).

White (in-progress)
Yamame: Joltik (Female, Timid, Compoundeyes. Working on moveset)
Smoky: Stoutland (Female, Jolly, Intimidate, moveset isn't isn't finished)
Swagodile/Kaminacroc: Krokorok (Male Adamant Intimidate, also working on moveset)
*Whatever I plan to use before I'm finished, likely a Litwick and something else*

XD
Jolteon (Female, Timid, Volt Absorb, Bite, Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt) (This one, for some reason I don't recall, is mostly EV trained, as I never got around to getting rid of the 20-30 "junk" EVs and replacing them, for speed and Special Attack)
Gardevoir (Female, Relaxed, Trace. Psychic, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis, calm mind)
Tyranitar (Male, Jolly, Dragon Dance, Crunch, Rock Slide, Earthquake) (EV trained, 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 HP)
Houndoom (female, neutral nature, Flamethrower, Faint Attack, Roar, forget)

Sapphire
Satori: Grumpig (Female Modest, Thick Fat, Extrasensory, Shock Wave, Icy Wind, Confuse Ray)
Yuuka: Cacturne (Female Bashful, sandveil, Leech Seed, Growth, Giga Drain, Faint Attack)
Youmu: Marowak (Female Adamant, Lightningrod, Aerial Ace, False Swipe, Rock Slide, Earthquake)
Yuugi: Heracross (Female Adamant, Swarm, Brick Break Megahorn, Horn Attack, Endure)

LeafGreen
Pyonta: Poliwrath (Male Jolly Water Absorb. Focus Punch, Hypnosis, Surf (to replace with waterfall, Body Slam
Mokou: Charizard (Male, Serious, Blaze, Brick Break, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Metal Claw)
Boota: Dugtrio (Male Jolly Arena Trap, Mud Slap, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Rock Slide)
Wriggle: Butterfree (female, Hasty, compoundeyes, Psychic, Gigadrain, sleep powder, Stun Spore, intend to add Silver Powder/Signal Beam and replace Gigadrain with Energy Ball)

Also: What I know of my firiends team

Emboar
Zoroark
???
I think he is likely using his Reshiram (being a black version player)

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 11:55 AM
First things first, you need a Water type. Heracross would be good for taking down Zoruak.

... Then use Smogon to see what goes well with those two.

Anyway, I'm dumpin Pawniard and Vanillish (in a bit) for Ruflett and Deino. Also, I have no clue why Smogon says Axews final evolution is bad, it's mid-stage is kicking my butt.

FantasyFoxMan
2011-03-09, 12:01 PM
I misread that Poliwrath's name as Ponyta, and then I chuckled to myself because I thought you gave him an intentionally misleading name. :smalltongue:

Also, I am SO glad I have Surf now.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 12:02 PM
Also, I am SO glad I have Surf now.

Why? I haven't used it once. Also, do I teach Excadrill Swords Dance over Slash?

deuxhero
2011-03-09, 12:03 PM
In-game? It arrives late without being awesome from the near-get go (Joltik)

Competitively? Glass Cannon and trollishly low speed (Just barely misses hiting the key 100 mark).

Edit: HOLY! The GTS acctucally got me something! I left my baby Snivy asking for a female Oshawott last night for the off chance it would work and it has!

Hmm, Swagodile@Everstone for a dad should get me an Adamant Oshawott, once I breed for a female I'll ask my friend to breed it with his male Zoroark for Night Slash. I'm off!

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 12:31 PM
Man, I can't or the Dreamworld's relase. It's goin gto be a LONG month.

EDIT: I did it. For he first time (in White) I blacked out. Damn Cheren, I was totally unprepared, half my party was injured and I wasn't carrying items. :smallannoyed:

Mando Knight
2011-03-09, 01:10 PM
Two reasons.

1.) Excadrill has the drill which will PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
2.) Sand Rush. Do you understand what having the effects of Swift Swim during a Sandstorm means?

deuxhero
2011-03-09, 01:11 PM
So... Cheren Mother-****ing ????

Hmm, when breeding for my Oshawott my first female did not recive the dad's adamant nature. Instead it was Jolly (good enough, yay!), now to get a Zoroark, raise it 5 levels and breed it.

Any suggestions on the nickname? I'm going with O-Chul if I get a Jolly male. What to name it if female?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 01:20 PM
Any suggestions on the nickname? I'm going with O-Chul if I get a Jolly male. What to name it if female?

I namd my Female (event) Zoroark "Big Mama Z"

deuxhero
2011-03-09, 01:22 PM
I met the Oshawott.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 01:26 PM
Oh... Uhm. Kaede. Also, should I replace Samurott with a Jellicent, Reuniclus with Deino, and Vanillish with Beartic?

deuxhero
2011-03-09, 01:30 PM
Is the Zoroark in the forrest ALWAYS a bloody female?

Damn it!

Oh well, will need to ask him to help with this after all v_v.

Mando Knight
2011-03-09, 01:33 PM

That's the idea (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M13).

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 01:33 PM

Yes...

Damn it!

Oh well, will need to ask him to help with this after all v_v.

Wait, what now?

EDIT:

FFM, you named your Munna Pinky? I named my Reuniclus Pinky! :P

Oh, and I'm now pissed. Breeding is going to be a pain in the ass now, because I use to just go to the club and battle myself, I read thar they got rid of lv 100 battles too. Anyway, how do people w/o 2 DSs check their IVs?

deuxhero
2011-03-09, 02:27 PM
The friend I was intending on battling. Just got and hatched the final step egg from him (He started with Tepig and I let him keep the mother in exchange).

Now I got to level up baby O-Chul.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 02:51 PM
OK, I know how to check IVs w/o 2 DSs. Battle Subway. Raises your level to 50, no matter what. Not as accurate as a lv 100 battle, but its the best there is.

Anyway, I ead that Serebii wasn't an accurate IV clac. (And the site was befor Gen V came out)... Is their a btter one to use, or were they dumb?

oxybe
2011-03-09, 03:19 PM
Aaand I'm awake now. Oxy, if you're able to trade, let me know, I'll watch this thread like a watchog.

Woo! Someone used my Krookodile=Nixon naming scheme!

I am one of those poor souls who desire the 'rus.

ugh the internet is down at home. neither my pc, ds, my housemate's macbook & iphone and my other housemate's laptop can connect

we can't contact the house owner & have him call the service provider.
either way i'm at the FLGS & ready when you are

Mando Knight
2011-03-09, 03:20 PM
Anyway, I ead that Serebii wasn't an accurate IV clac. (And the site was befor Gen V came out)... Is their a btter one to use, or were they dumb?
Whoever said that probably doesn't know what he's talking about. As I said before, there is one formula for calculating stats (Alright, there's two. One for HP, one for everything else) in each game (Gen I/II stats are calculated differently from Gen III+), and any IV calculator that functions properly at all will use that formula.

Where L is level, B is the base stat, E is the EVs, S is the calculated stat value, and N is the nature, a Pokémon's IV (I) is
I = (100/L)*(S/N-5)-2*B-E/4
Or, for HP,
I = (100/L)*(S-10)-100-2*B-E/4

Since S is rounded down and is otherwise the only number that could possibly be expressed as a decimal, the given value for the IV will be the absolute minimum value of the IV for that stat. Because of this, the higher bound of the IV is calculated by adding something like 0.999 to S (that is, S = S+0.999) before running the above calculations.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 03:50 PM
OK then. Good to know. Once again, I've reached the E4, but I've lost the momentum I had from fighting through the Dragonspiral Tower and N's catching of Reshiram.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 03:53 PM
ugh the internet is down at home. neither my pc, ds, my housemate's macbook & iphone and my other housemate's laptop can connect

I'm awake. Shall I log onto my Platinum cart or my Black cart to start?

oxybe
2011-03-09, 04:22 PM
I'm awake. Shall I log onto my Platinum cart or my Black cart to start?

can we start with plat?

my hg fc is 4684 4678 9165
white fc is 1162 9092 9501

i'll be waiting in the trade room

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 04:27 PM
swapping to plat

HMM.... you're not showing up for some reason... I've verified your FC is typed in as it shows above. Odd...

oxybe
2011-03-09, 04:36 PM
swapping to plat

HMM.... you're not showing up for some reason... I've verified your FC is typed in as it shows above. Odd...

what's your plat fc again? i'll check to see if i have it correct

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 04:38 PM
3782 2115 8275

FINAL EDIT (mwahaha!): They did NOT want you to get that Arceus, did they? Swapping to Black to toss your mons back (and get my pignite)

Ogremindes
2011-03-09, 05:17 PM
Say, is there a good place to level grind before the 8th gym in soulsilver? I've got a couple of pokemon I'm trying to get to level 32.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 05:31 PM
South of Blackthorn in all that grass is a ton of rock and ground type mons. If you've got a solid water/grass/ice mon you can grind those for awhile. Sadly, HG/SS's level spread is... sadistic, if you wanted to get higher than lv 50 anyway.

onasuma
2011-03-09, 05:33 PM
So, Im Nuzlocke running White. Lordy, it is hard. Ive got a good 6 deaths already, and Im just at the 2nd gym. It seems a lot more brutal than the other games Ive Nuzlocked through. Anyone else agree?

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 05:34 PM
Thanks to the xp curve system, it can be difficult to outlevel the leaders in the beginning. As a result, you get an arse-whooping.

I'd say B/W wouldn't be a good choice for a Nuz run, but then, people do Nuz runs for the challenge of it so I guess maybe it's the best choice?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 05:41 PM
So, Im Nuzlocke running White. Lordy, it is hard. Ive got a good 6 deaths already, and Im just at the 2nd gym. It seems a lot more brutal than the other games Ive Nuzlocked through. Anyone else agree?

I think I failed to defeat the Gym Leader of every Gym (in the 1st battle I mean) up until the 67th Gym. So yes.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 05:46 PM
I've been lucky so far. I got my arse handed to me by a leader's Herdier that I let build up with Work up x4, but other than that one (which I totally asked for by fighting like an idiot) I've passed the rest on the first try. Solid team helps.
Current Team:
Dewott - Krokorok - Sawk - Darumaka - Joltik - Herdier

Krokorok will bite it for Golurk, Darumaka for Chandelure, Herdier for Haxorus and Sawk will likely go for Zoroark once I find someone to lend me a DS.

Ogremindes
2011-03-09, 05:50 PM
South of Blackthorn in all that grass is a ton of rock and ground type mons. If you've got a solid water/grass/ice mon you can grind those for awhile. Sadly, HG/SS's level spread is... sadistic, if you wanted to get higher than lv 50 anyway.

Well, good thing Lapras is one of the two I'm trying to level. Still, this looks like it'll take a while.

tonberrian
2011-03-09, 06:14 PM
So here I am, looking for Sawks in my Black cart just outside Pinwheel Forest. Rustling grass, cool. All my stuff is woefully underlevelled, an Audino would really help for that.

Wild Throh appears. Dewott proceeds to knock it down to red HP, while taking a few Seismic Tosses to the face. Pokeballs fail to catch it, and Dewott faints. Go Munna. Yawn, pokeball (frees itself), Throh falls asleep, pokeball catches.

Today is a great day.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 06:14 PM
I've been lucky so far. I got my arse handed to me by a leader's Herdier that I let build up with Work up x4, but other than that one (which I totally asked for by fighting like an idiot) I've passed the rest on the first try. Solid team helps.
Current Team:
Dewott - Krokorok - Sawk - Darumaka - Joltik - Herdier

Krokorok will bite it for Golurk, Darumaka for Chandelure, Herdier for Haxorus and Sawk will likely go for Zoroark once I find someone to lend me a DS.

I used Zoroak up until the 8th Gym, you're going to want to dump him.

Partof1
2011-03-09, 06:20 PM
I dropped my Zebstrika from the team. It consistently died before finishing its oponents, and Zekrom is much better :smallbiggrin:

deuxhero
2011-03-09, 06:23 PM
I droped my Smugleaf (Snivy evo) for O-Chul (Oshawott). Hmm, I want a Litwick for my team and I don't have a syncer, back to breeding it seems.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 06:27 PM
I dropped my Zebstrika from the team. It consistently died before finishing its oponents, and Zekrom is much better :smallbiggrin:

Uhm... It is a Legendary?

Partof1
2011-03-09, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I know. I was just gonna use it for the battle against Reshiram, for cinematics, but was pleased with its performance, so Zekrom shall stay.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I know. I was just gonna use it for the battle against Reshiram, for cinematics, but was pleased with its performance, so Zekrom shall stay.

I'll soft reset till I get a good one then box it and EV train after I beat the E4.

Partof1
2011-03-09, 06:52 PM
I just kept my Brave Natured one. It works decently

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 06:53 PM
Speaking of Cheren, our nerdy ambitious rival has voiced all our thoughts when he called Team Plasma a "Waste of oxygen" in Driftveil's Cold Storage. I love this guy.

Aotrs Commander
2011-03-09, 07:24 PM
Finally caught a decent Drilbur. Ye gods, that took some time and resets - hour, hour-and-a-half? All I wanted was a plus attack nature; there's what about a 1/8 chance all things being equal. Yeah, well, I must have caught about twenty before I finally got one with Brave. Including no less than FOUR with Hasty nature... Aaargh.

And of course, Brave was by far my least desired of the attack natures. I kept that one, though, and tried again, and finally caught an Adamant. Yay, I thought. Until I compared them. And then levelled them to the same level and the same EVs. And realised, that the first Brave actually had way better IVs, such that it was actually the same speed as the normal-speed Adamant (Brave is "alert to sounds" and I guess she must be nearly top IV for that), and had also better stats overall... Somedays (actually, aside from my Blitzle, pretty much every day) you just can't win. (Brave made it to the team, by-the-by.)

Just gotta snag a Sawk from the forest (for the 'Dex) and then I can decide how to whomp the second gym tomorrow - requireing a touch more levelling, I fear, since we're only level 15/16...

Partof1
2011-03-09, 07:34 PM
I find I've been fairly underlevelled for evrything, no grinding, and I've still won first try. I whited out once, when Cheren ambushed me, I believe, or a battle immediately after an ambush. Admittedly, I used a fair few revives on my E4 run, but I feel that's acceptable.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 07:47 PM
I used Zoroak up until the 8th Gym, you're going to want to dump him.

Care to expand on that?

You dropped him after the 8th Gym, when did you retrieve him? Did you use him for a significant portion of the game? What's the rest of your team look like? Was there a particular reason you didn't feel he was performing?

He's got stats to sweep either physically or specially, with solid speed. His movepool screams physical due to Hone Claws and the plethora of physical dark moves, but if you breed Dark Pulse onto your Zorua and use TM's liberally [flamethrower, shadow ball, random of choice (I like substitute)], you can assemble a decent special sweeper out of him. Sure he's weak to fighting and bug, two types that received solid buffs in Gen V (fighting is everywhere it seems!) but that's not really what he's there for (unless you build that special sweeper, in which case he might be able to smack some bugs around with flamethrower)

So given that my analysis isn't totally off base (I don't think it is), I'm curious what your problem with him was.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:03 PM
You dropped him after the 8th Gym, when did you retrieve him? Did you use him for a significant portion of the game? What's the rest of your team look like? Was there a particular reason you didn't feel he was performing?

Before the 8th Gym, he was too weak and was holding me down. So bad HP and Defense and a lot of Bug and Fighting type(move)s.

My Team inbetween the 7th and 8th Gym.... Uhm:

Zoroark, Throh > Excadrill, Terrier > Vanllish, Simisear > Darmanitan, Samurott, Swoobat > Reuniclus.

He's got stats to sweep either physically or specially, with solid speed. His movepool screams physical due to Hone Claws and the plethora of physical dark moves, but if you breed Dark Pulse onto your Zorua and use TM's liberally [flamethrower, shadow ball, random of choice (I like substitute)], you can assemble a decent special sweeper out of him. Sure he's weak to fighting and bug, two types that received solid buffs in Gen V (fighting is everywhere it seems!) but that's not really what he's there for (unless you build that special sweeper, in which case he might be able to smack some bugs around with flamethrower)

So given that my analysis isn't totally off base (I don't think it is), I'm curious what your problem with him was.

He doesn't get Hone Claws. Not naturally, and you don't get the TM till after the main game. IDK if mine had bad IVs or something, but he just wasnt carrying his weight. Also breeding those moves? While still worrying about the plot and the Gym? Yeah, no, I don't do that sort of stuff till after the E4.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:06 PM
So, who's up for a quick battle in B/W? I just found out that I can use my uncle's internet from across the street, and I'd like to celebrate by seeing how my team compares to others.

My highest level is 31, and my lowest... 16.

Code in White is 111996460217, name, Ian.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:09 PM
So, who's up for a quick battle in B/W? I just found out that I can use my uncle's internet from across the street, and I'd like to celebrate by seeing how my team compares to others.

My highest level is 31, and my lowest... 16.

Give me your FC, we can WiFi battle at level 50. I think.

My FC is 3911-6794-1526

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:11 PM
Code in White is 111996460217, name, Ian.

Give me your FC, we can WiFi battle at level 50. I think.

My FC is 3911-6794-1526

Faster than a typing Troll, it's THE MAGE KING!

Inhuman Bot
2011-03-09, 08:12 PM
Is it possible to get a new pokewalker if your previous one is damaged? (With a semi-valuable pokemon and going past the overflow with watts, of course.)

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:12 PM

Faster than a typing Troll, it's THE MAGE KING!

Oh pfft, I'll see you down there. (If this wasn't level 50, my lowest is 40 so I'd watch it. :smalltongue:)

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:16 PM
Oh pfft, I'll see you down there. (If this wasn't level 50, my lowest is 40 so I'd watch it. :smalltongue:)

Single battle, Flat rule.

Waiting for you.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:19 PM
Single battle, Flat rule.

Waiting for you.

Im waiting for you.... The hell. You're in the middle room, right?

EDIT: Can it wait 10 minutes?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:20 PM
Im waiting for you.... The hell.

Hm... Maybe it has to do with your name... What's your in-game name?

Was in the middle room. Now I'm trying to adjust your name.

EDIT: Yeah, it can.

Qwertystop
2011-03-09, 08:23 PM
Is there any site that has base stats and such like Smogon, but has updated for BW? I know Serebii has it, but it's not as useful for knowing thins beyond the raw numbers, while smogon gives tips.

EDIT: Also, what are the rules for the Gen V Tourney?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:33 PM
Huh. Your avatar just popped up, Atlantean. I guess it took a bit of time.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:33 PM
Well I'm back... I never saw yuou though.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:35 PM
Well I'm back... I never saw yuou though.

Communitcating with you at the moment...

EDIT: How about you start the battle thing? Maybe that'll make it easier on us both...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:36 PM
Communitcating with you at the moment...

Weird.... What's it doing?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:37 PM
Weird.... What's it doing?

See EDIT@^.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:38 PM
See EDIT@^.

Yeah. Will do.

EDIT: Could you leave and come back?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:39 PM
Yeah. Will do.

...Odd. I was disconnected.

Edit: I basically did when I got booted.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:40 PM
...Odd. I was disconnected.

Hmmm. Well, come back in I guess.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-09, 08:41 PM
Hmmm. Well, come back in I guess.

Communicating... Now.

EDIT: Tell you what. I'm likely to go to the library over the weekend. I should be able to battle you from there.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:45 PM
Can't this weekend...Or I couldnt with DPP, maybe now. I'll let you know when the time comes.

Partof1
2011-03-09, 08:46 PM
Yay! I got a Zen Mode Darmanitan! Jolly Nature, too. Definitely usable.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 08:59 PM
Yay! I got a Zen Mode Darmanitan! Jolly Nature, too. Definitely usable.

If you caught a female, you can breed it down too.

Partof1
2011-03-09, 09:12 PM
I did! So more yay!

Also: Giant Chasm is miserable to explore, because I got attacked my wild pokemon in so many back to back steps. But I now have Ice Beam and Kyurem.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 09:17 PM
I did! So more yay!

Also: Giant Chasm is miserable to explore, because I got attacked my wild pokemon in so many back to back steps. But I now have Ice Beam and Kyurem.

If I'm home sick tomorrow (again, I think I have strep) knowing all this comes pretty immediately after the E4 will get me motivated again.

Partof1
2011-03-09, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't have even bothered with the Chasm for a couple more days if not for Ice Beam :P.

Now, to find Virizion, maybe. I ran across the entrance to her cave a while back, but it was blocked. Now i can't find it, and don't want to cheat by looking it up. i know Terrakion is in Victory road, but that was an unfun cave, too.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 09:33 PM
*Hyperventilates* Oh my god. OH MY GOD. I JUST CAUGHT A SHINY KLINK.

Partof1
2011-03-09, 09:35 PM
I think that's the first reported shiny of the new generation. Huzzah!

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 09:43 PM

Thank you! Gigigigear, as I named it, is a drab tan-orange and green, Naughty nature, and has the ability Minus.

SHINY!

Mando Knight
2011-03-09, 09:51 PM
I'd name it GaoGaiGear.

Why? Because.

Qwertystop
2011-03-09, 09:54 PM

Awww, you pre-ninja-ed me...

oxybe
2011-03-09, 09:56 PM
i don't understand how you can have trouble with the first few gyms.

they give you a level 10 monkey that's good against the first gym & there are several mons just outside the 2nd gym that can use powerful fighting-type moves.

if you picked tepig, oshawott (you get fire monkey) happened to catch a roggenrolla, you have the fire-moves needed to beat bug gym, while Roggen's evolved form makes mincemeat of electric gym.

thanks to how easy it is to find audino (find grass, walk/bike left/right outside it, wait for spot to start shaking) i've found it about of average difficulty. nothing spectacular in terms of difficulty.

current team

-Porkchops the Emboar
-Chuck the Throh
-Ms.Mush the Munna
-Elvis the Boldore
-a Gurdurr that should be named Hogan but if clicked "no" to nickname & don't know where the renamer is
-Josephine the Pansage

all are in the high 30's/almost 40 (hooray for not working monday & today!), i'm currently training for gym 7.

also: would anyone like to help evolve my Gurdurr & Boldore? i've got Wifi back at my place (housemate got in contact with landlord! Yay!) so i can trade almost anytime.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 10:01 PM

they give you a level 10 monkey that's good against the first gym & there are several mons just outside the 2nd gym that can use powerful fighting-type moves.

if you picked tepig, oshawott (you get fire monkey) happened to catch a roggenrolla, you have the fire-moves needed to beat bug gym, while Roggen's evolved form makes mincemeat of electric gym.

thanks to how easy it is to find audino (find grass, walk/bike left/right outside it, wait for spot to start shaking) i've found it about of average difficulty. nothing spectacular in terms of difficulty.

current team

-Porkchops the Emboar
-Chuck the Throh
-Ms.Mush the Munna
-Elvis the Boldore
-a Gurdurr that should be named Hogan but if clicked "no" to nickname & don't know where the renamer is
-Josephine the Pansage

all are in the high 30's/almost 40 (hooray for not working monday & today!), i'm currently training for gym 7.

also: would anyone like to help evolve my Gurdurr & Boldore? i've got Wifi back at my place (housemate got in contact with landlord! Yay!) so i can trade almost anytime.

The Renamer's in Castelia. I can help you trade later tonight! (And show off my new shiny Klink. Sorry. :smalltongue:)

oxybe
2011-03-09, 10:01 PM
2nd Shiny Confirmed! Shiny Boldore!

Qwertystop
2011-03-09, 10:03 PM
Is there any site that has base stats and such like Smogon, but has updated for BW? I know Serebii has it, but it's not as useful for knowing thins beyond the raw numbers, while smogon gives tips.

EDIT: Also, what are the rules for the Gen V Tourney?

Quoting this forward, as is seems to have been missed.

Inhuman Bot
2011-03-09, 10:09 PM
Is it possible to get a new pokewalker if your previous one is damaged? (With a semi-valuable pokemon and going past the overflow with watts, of course.)

Conversation displaced this, so reposting.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 10:11 PM
2nd Shiny Confirmed! Shiny Boldore!

Yours? CONGRATULATIONS! Shiny Gigalith is AWESOME!

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 10:12 PM
Conversation displaced this, so reposting.

Yes, IIRC one can be ordered from Nintendo for around $10
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=166708&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=62209&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 10:13 PM
I remember back when Shininess was tied to EVs... Hah. I've only ever caught one Shiny (without the Pokeradar) and it was a Psyduck with CRAP IVs. I also have a Shiny Pikachu and Violin Bug thing.

Zocelot
2011-03-09, 10:17 PM
So, here is me asking stupid noob questions again.

How do I get Zoroark and Victini? I understand they are event pokemon. I have internet access, and I have an EB Games (Gamestop) near my house. What should I do?

oxybe
2011-03-09, 10:18 PM
Naughty nature... which means it boosts attack...

step 1: grind Victini for HP EV (i'll have to fight him 84 times...)
step 2: grind patrat/lillipup for attack evs
step 3: have an awesome physical wall.
step 4: win

now that i know where that renamer is... what to name him?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-09, 10:20 PM
step 2: grind patrat/lillipup for attack evs

You're going to use it through the entire game!!?

How do I get Zoroark and Victini? I understand they are event pokemon. I have internet access, and I have an EB Games (Gamestop) near my house. What should I do?

Too late for Zoroark, Victini is WiFi, go to Mystery Gift in the Start up screen.

Quoting this forward, as is seems to have been missed.

Old Pokemons Base Stats dont change... Bulbapedia has the new Pokemons Base Stats if thats what you meant.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 10:25 PM

bad news bucko.
To unlock Zoroark, one needs the elemental dogs (Entei, Raikou, Suicune) from the wifi events that are, as of now, ended. Transferring one of these to B/W starts the event that allows you to catch Zoroark. Zorua is likewise unlocked by transferring a mon to the new edition, this time the event Celebi that was available up until... Last Sunday. You can still catch Victini, however, all you need do is pop onto your home wifi, fire up mystery gift and receive it via Nintendo WFC.

That said, I do happen to possess an extra event dog, so in theory, you aren't absolutely totally screwed... if you can get access to a second DS. See, the transfer thing creates a temporary ad hoc local network by which two DS'es are linked. Ya can't do it over the internet, you have to have two DS'es within physical proximity to each other.

IF you can guarantee access to a second DS, I'll toss you one of my four or so event legendaries. PM me your FC and a time at which to trade.

EDIT: ninja'ed, but I provided context and an offer, so nya. :smalltongue:

oxybe
2011-03-09, 10:27 PM
also noticed i have the Macho Brace, makes the grinding less of a pain. i might not catch Victini at all at this point. he's an easy source of HP EV.

i see no reason to not use him for the entire game. Shiny Gigalith with positive attack nature? bada**.

Mando Knight
2011-03-09, 10:28 PM
Old Pokemons Base Stats dont change... Bulbapedia has the new Pokemons Base Stats if thats what you meant.

He's looking for things like this. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156) Analyses for various Pokémon. Smogon hasn't finished these yet, so not everything is strictly up-to-date...

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 10:28 PM
I can help ya make him a gigalith once I get out of this infernal tower... If I get out of this infernal tower...

Deth Muncher
2011-03-09, 10:30 PM
While I'm not usually one who likes trading for Pokemon he can't get at this point, I absolutely need that golem-mon-thing. It will stay on my team forever. And I will name it Maccabee (or Makabi, to be more authentic). Points to those of you who know why I would do this. Double points to those who fully understand the reference. Antipoints to those who use Wikipedia or Google for their answers.

EDIT: Note, I'm not talking about Golem, I'm talking about the new one.

DOUBLEEDIT: I actually need to grind my face into the ground until I get a shiny one. But yeah.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 10:32 PM
While I'm not usually one who likes trading for Pokemon he can't get at this point, I absolutely need that golem-mon-thing. It will stay on my team forever. And I will name it Maccabee (or Makabi, to be more authentic). Points to those of you who know why I would do this. Double points to those who fully understand the reference. Antipoints to those who use Wikipedia or Google for their answers.

Golurk

ten chars

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 10:33 PM

Oh, I know why. :smallbiggrin:

Oxybe, I'll help you evolve him in about half an hour-1 hour if you want.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-09, 10:33 PM
Golurk

ten chars

Yeaaaaaaaaaah that one. Shiny Golurk for the win.

OracleofWuffing
2011-03-09, 10:34 PM
Well, I just got my copy of Black yesterday. Sadly, I've been called out to the restaurant and it looks like it'll happen again until Saturday, so I've only got two badges. :smallsigh:

My initial impressions are that Team Plasma, while among the better-dressed of the villains, is somehow amazingly less intelligent than Team Galactic. Part of me kinda just wants Team Rocket to be a constant enemy syndicate, 'cause it just works better to have "We do crime with pokemon," at least for my tastes. And also, that second gym leader needs to be punched in the face. If she complains about how I broke her nose, I will punch her in the face again. :smallannoyed:

Are there contests this time around? I really liked them in Ruby and Sapphire, but not so much the way Diamond and Pearl played them out.

oxybe
2011-03-09, 10:35 PM
Oh, I know why. :smallbiggrin:

Oxybe, I'll help you evolve him in about half an hour-1 hour if you want.

sure pm me when you're ready

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 10:50 PM
sure pm me when you're ready

Sent the PM, I'm ready.

EDIT: Please give me about 15 minutes.

oxybe
2011-03-09, 11:00 PM
i pm'ed you my FC. just pop in when you're ready, i'll be waiting.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-03-09, 11:01 PM
i pm'ed you my FC. just pop in when you're ready, i'll be waiting.

Going right now.

EDIT: What I was saying was that I named my Roggenrola Ozymandias.

EDIT EDIT: That's one of the coolest shinies ever.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Thanks!

oxybe
2011-03-09, 11:15 PM
thanks Coffee! the powerboost Gurdurr got is nice but it's the big shiny that's just... beautiful... sniff...

i'm rather fond of the brass-coloring for the shiny klink.

oxybe
2011-03-09, 11:22 PM
wow. i just realized you could add pages from pokedex entries to the Y button sub-menu.

that's highly convenient.

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 11:32 PM
wow. i just realized you could add pages from pokedex entries to the Y button sub-menu.

that's highly convenient.

You can?

it is?

oxybe
2011-03-09, 11:42 PM
yeah. you'll notice a [ ] box under the entries (like those next to the key items like the bike). check it and it'll appear

i'm currently ev training my Gigalith, but later i want to catch axew. i just popped his Area page into my Y submenu so rather then committing something to memory (which i know i'll forget anyways) i can just Y then "Pokedex>Area"

it's convenient for me at least :smallbiggrin:

also: B/W EV Training zone!

Route 1: dark grass, requires surf(Lvls 32-35)
Watchdog 1 Atk EV
Herdier 2 Atk EV
Scraggy 1 Atk EV

Rawtooth
2011-03-09, 11:46 PM
Does the bottom screen's color change in anyway during the game? I'm rolling a chick, and I detest the bright pink shining out of my DS.

Turalisj
2011-03-09, 11:51 PM
Just when I thought I was out, it pulls me back in.

Going to Best Buy tomorrow to grab the DS-White bundle. Haven't played a game of Pokemon since my SP of 6 years broke down for good (it was on life support with the battery dying)

ryzouken
2011-03-09, 11:56 PM
If you've still got those old pokemon carts, you may want to avoid purchasing any form of DSi and instead get a DSLite. Screens are a touch smaller, but it's backwards compatible, meaning you can dust off those old carts for nostalgia's sake and can even transfer mons forward through time!!! Of course, the transfering Gen I-III mons requires you be post E4, but you'll eventually get there, ne?

How else were you planning on catching all 649?

Make sure you download your Liberty Ticket!

oxybe
2011-03-09, 11:59 PM
man route 1 i great for EV training.

the 100% basculin rate is for 2 Spd EV & all the mons you can fight in the grass (minus audino) give out atk EV.

Turalisj
2011-03-10, 12:00 AM
The only cart I can find is my FireRed, which I bought like 2 months after it came out. I think I've got a level 80 charizard on there...

FantasyFoxMan
2011-03-10, 12:04 AM
Why? I haven't used it once.

3 reasons, really:

-Getting the TMs for Focus Blast, Low Sweep, and Thunderbolt
-Getting the egg for Larvesta early (or as early as I can possibly get it, anyway)
-Finally being able to catch a Frillish (plus both Basculins and an Alamomola)

On a related note, I got a Golett just a little while ago. Has a Naughty nature and Iron Fist.

I named it Gigantor. :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2011-03-10, 12:05 AM
Of course, the transfering Gen I-III mons
...You can't transfer Gen I or II Pokémon forward to III or later. And for transferring Gen III Pokémon to Gen V, I'm pretty sure you need to get them onto a Gen IV card first.

Turalisj
2011-03-10, 12:09 AM
So... Things I'll need to be getting:

DSi XL
Pokemon Black

That's about $205 at Best Buy

ryzouken
2011-03-10, 12:37 AM
...You can't transfer Gen I or II Pokémon forward to III or later. And for transferring Gen III Pokémon to Gen V, I'm pretty sure you need to get them onto a Gen IV card first.

Gen I and II mons were included in Gen III carts, like Fire Red and Leaf Green. Ergo, provided Gen V includes the possibility of a Pal Park function, it is still possible to move Gen I-III mons forward to Gen V. Does Gen V include a Pal Park? 2 minutes of research says no. That said, he could still use a DSLite to play his Gen III cart and at some point, might be able to pal park mons on Gen IV carts, then transfer to Gen V that way.

It is possible, though not necessarily straightforward, to push Gen I-III mons to Gen V.

There's arguments for getting any kind of DS. *shrug*

And I would totally buy a DSiXL if I were going to buy a DSi. Them big screens must be nice...

Mando Knight
2011-03-10, 12:42 AM
Gen I and II mons were included in Gen III carts, like Fire Red and Leaf Green.

That's what you meant. I was thinking "Pokémon caught in a Gen I-II cart" rather than "the first 251 Pokémon."

ryzouken
2011-03-10, 12:48 AM
Guess I should've spelled that out a bit better, my bad.

Man, I barely even remember the old carts. I think my mom bought me pokemon red way back in the day, and I remember being super crazy excited... I kinda hope I still have it laying about. It's actually sentimental to me now... wierd.

Dhavaer
2011-03-10, 01:35 AM
Hurray, finally got it. :smallbiggrin: I'm surprised at the massive buff to Tackle, going from 35 power, 95 accuracy to 50 power, 100 accuracy is a big jump. Any word on why they did it?

Turalisj
2011-03-10, 01:40 AM
Hurray, finally got it. :smallbiggrin: I'm surprised at the massive buff to Tackle, going from 35 power, 95 accuracy to 50 power, 100 accuracy is a big jump. Any word on why they did it?

So that you aren't dropping it once you hit 5 techs to pick from. I don't think I've ever kept tackle.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-10, 01:52 AM
So that you aren't dropping it once you hit 5 techs to pick from. I don't think I've ever kept tackle.

Eh, I always used to drop Leer or Growl before Tackle/Scratch, but that was back when I was bad at this game.

Also - I am kind of in love with Darumaka/Darmanitan. Like, not only are they hilarious in battle (in the good way), but also they're just really nicely drawn. In fact, I'm running into more Pokemon than I thought I would that I actually enjoy aesthetically this go-round. Good job, Sugimori.

Mando Knight
2011-03-10, 01:57 AM
Funny thing is, in keeping with the Unova-is-PokéNYC theme, a few of the 'mons were designed by an American. Examples are Golurk and the Vanilla line.

Elagune
2011-03-10, 02:06 AM
Hey there. I've been avoiding this threads for fear of spoilers since a couple weeks back, but since I've got Pokemon Black now and I'm planning on attacking the seventh gym soon I've decided there's nothing left to fear.

Anyway, the game's been going great so far. Somehow it feels about a hundred times faster than the old Pokemon games, and my team is as follows:

Fuzzball the Swoobat
Widower the Scolipede
Hachiko the Stoutland
Riptide the Seismitoad
Blackbelt the Sawk
and a Sewaddle I haven't renamed yet.

...Aaaannnnd I just realized all of my Pokemon starts with S. That's weird.

Haven't encountering anything of note yet, but I do wonder what people's opinions are about Sawk?

The first one I encountered (the one I have now) managed to one-hit KO three members of my team - which included a Munna! - instantly, and I caught it after managing to put it to sleep somehow. It came with an Adamant nature, a Black Belt item, and what I suspect to be very high IVs for Attack at the very least. It's managed to carry me through every fight I've had in this game, and this includes the Flying gym despite the type disadvantage.

Anyway, any suggestions for other fun Pokemon that'll help me get through the game? I'm really happy with the way the new Pokemon look, though, which is surprising since I hated Gen 3 with a passion and was only lukewarm towards Gen 4.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-10, 02:17 AM
Funny thing is, in keeping with the Unova-is-PokéNYC theme, a few of the 'mons were designed by an American. Examples are Golurk and the Vanilla line.

Eeeeenteresting. The Vanilla line makes me want to punch children though. /rage

Hey there. I've been avoiding this threads for fear of spoilers since a couple weeks back, but since I've got Pokemon Black now and I'm planning on attacking the seventh gym soon I've decided there's nothing left to fear.

Anyway, the game's been going great so far. Somehow it feels about a hundred times faster than the old Pokemon games, and my team is as follows:

Fuzzball the Swoobat
Widower the Scolipede
Hachiko the Stoutland
Riptide the Seismitoad
Blackbelt the Sawk
and a Sewaddle I haven't renamed yet.

...Aaaannnnd I just realized all of my Pokemon starts with S. That's strange.

Fix'd for ya. ^_^

ryzouken
2011-03-10, 02:23 AM
Fix'd for ya. ^_^

Super.

Just picked up Surf! Which goaded me into hunting down the Thunderbolt TM. Which took 20 minutes of wandering around lost in routes 17 and 18 until I tripped over the tiny spit of land Plazma decided would be a good place to start a lab on. Idiots.

But now I'm one more TM closer to my ultimate team. 6 TM's to go. I also tripped over HM 05 Waterfall while I was at it. So.... yeah.

Now to go loot random side areas in the old routes.

tgva8889
2011-03-10, 02:32 AM
So we've confirmed that Lillipup must have Vital Spirit to get Intimidate as a Herdier/Stoutland?

oxybe
2011-03-10, 02:33 AM
a few of the designs might not be... conventional... but many are aesthetically pleasing at the very least. joltik can easily stand shoulder to shoulder with the original 151 and has got to be the most adorable bug type ever, disagree if you will but i would risk the bites+shocks for a hug.

then again, the original 151 has Mr.Mime, Jinx & Lickitongue. no generation contains all awesome designs, especially when personal taste comes into play.

Turalisj
2011-03-10, 02:42 AM
Don't diss Mr.Mime, he's the reincarnation of Walter.

oxybe
2011-03-10, 03:24 AM
do you have the chance to get the other fossil in-game, or do you have to trade to get the other one?

FantasyFoxMan
2011-03-10, 03:33 AM
I also tripped over HM 05 Waterfall while I was at it. So.... yeah.

Ah, yeah, I forgot to mention that the Waterfall HM was one of the other reasons why I was happy about getting Surf.

...Granted, none of the Pokemon in my current team can use it, but still. I'm also no longer using Serperior. Bad nature combined with meh moveset just makes me a sad person. I'll re-breed him later.

Anyway, current team (as of 7th Gym and past the Dragonspiral Tower)

-Trash Bag the Garbodor (as if I wasn't gonna use this), Lvl. 41, Relaxed Nature (Sludge Bomb, Acid Spray, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt), with Stench
-Murdurr the Conkeldurr, Lvl. 41, Hasty Nature (Rock Slide, Bulk Up, Brick Break, Strength), with Sheer Force
-Kraboulder the Crustle, Lvl. 40, Jolly Nature (Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Shell Smash, X-Scissor), with Sturdy
-Eelio the Eelektrik (waiting for some other moves in his moveset before evolving with a Thunderstone), Lvl. 39, Naughty Nature (Crunch, Spark, Thunder Wave, Flash), with Levitate
-Gigantor the Golett, Level 34, Lonely Nature (Mega Punch, Iron Defense, Magnitude, Dynamicpunch), with Iron Fist
-Icebear the Beartic, Level 37, Brave Nature (Icicle Crash, Slash, Charm, Surf), with Snow Cloak

Also on standby is SurfinBird, my Swanna.

Still training the last two to get them up to snuff with everyone else. After that, it's off to the final Gym for me. :smallamused:

tgva8889
2011-03-10, 03:44 AM
So we've confirmed that Lillipup must have Vital Spirit to get Intimidate as a Herdier/Stoutland?

Just to keep this on the first page.

I'm excited for the rest of this game. I've only just received the Running Shoes, the best item ever in any Pokemon game. Team Plasma sounds awesome. They're actually interesting, whereas Magma, Aqua, and Galaxy were kinda just...there to move you through the game and hand you Legendaries? I dunno, Team Plasma seems very interesting. The fact that they're public figures that are advocating something that's not totally ridiculous is immediately different.

I'm gonna use Scolipede. He's awesome. That is all. (Well, I'll use him until I can get Accelegor. That guy's even more awesome.) Besides that, I have no plans for a team, so we'll see where this goes. Any Pokemon people want opinions on but no one's using?

Lix Lorn
2011-03-10, 05:17 AM
Easy: Refuse to use those stupid monkeys. :smallmad:

Are there contests this time around? I really liked them in Ruby and Sapphire, but not so much the way Diamond and Pearl played them out.
Nope. There are 'musicals', though?

:O
Is this going to slow down our Bibliography?[/mockfear] :smalltongue:

ShinyRocks
2011-03-10, 05:33 AM
I want to punch Cheren in the face. Ambushing me when half my team is fainted and the other half has like 5 hp is not a good test of my strength.

I just caught a Rufflet on the way to work, so I could have a flyer (because I finally had to dump my swoobat who, much as I adore him, just sucked out loud), and then realised that my Golurk can learn fly also.

So I'm still torn about my team. Splasho the Samurott, Amaziballs the Victini, Dojoe the Throh and Dishface the Stoutland (he one-shotted most of the trainers in the 8th gym with ice fang; he is a BEAST) are fixtures. The other two I keep swapping out. My Iron Fist Golurk (so. many. attempts.) is probably staying; I think I might get my Stunfisk out for the last one.

Also, where can I buy repeat balls? I can't seem to find them.

Elagune
2011-03-10, 05:37 AM
I'm gonna use Scolipede. He's awesome. That is all. (Well, I'll use him until I can get Accelegor. That guy's even more awesome.) Besides that, I have no plans for a team, so we'll see where this goes. Any Pokemon people want opinions on but no one's using?

I'll be honest, I'm not very happy with my Scolipede. Maybe it's the fact that most of my team already has their own roles, but there seems to be a lack of Pokemon that Scolipede is strong against and a huge amount of Pokemon ingame that can take it down in like a hit.

I'm thinking of switching mine out.

And yes, Lix, this is definitely gonna slow Bibliography down. :smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2011-03-10, 05:40 AM
Nuuuuu! :smallfrown:
Eh, ohwell. Have fun. xD

My Scolipede kicks three hundred kinds of ass. She outspeeds almost anything, and tends to be a one-shot wonder. Poison Tail, Screech, Bulldoze, X-Scissor. Admittedly, glass cannon. But most of my mons are glass cannons. :smallbiggrin:

Although Lucius, my Servine... Leech Seed, spam Coil... tis fun.

Innis Cabal
2011-03-10, 05:59 AM
While I will say that the storyline of the game is great, the new region is great and over all the feel of the game feels the smoothest it's ever been I have some gripes...

1. Random battle rates- To bloody high. I don't want to get into a battle every two steps when my pokemon are 10-30 levels higher then what I'm fighting. I understand I can use Repels but I really rather not dump the money on it only to use more every 500 steps. It's just tedious.

2. I don't get how people are finding the game all that hard. My Mijumaru has been 10 levels higher then most gyms from the outset with only minimal grinding. I've found most Gym battles (While fun) were fairly easy with little real risk of me whiting out. In fact, to date I haven't whited out once. Not only that, but they just -give- you a leveling item without doing any work. Frankly, I find this game the easiest of all of them.

3. My "Friends". I'm sick of seeing them on every bloody route. I get it, you're part of the story and you're actually interesting and deep characters with feelings and desires. But could you let me travel a little without seeing you? This goes for the Gym Leaders to. Yes again, I understand you've got a role in the world and you're not just chunks of XP and an item I can get to pass through the game to the end and press the story forward. But...your stage is a little full up on characters. Overall though, this is the most minor of gripes and is a good sign of things to come in later games. Longer games and longer distance's between dungeons would really put this issue to rest for me. Give me -time- to get to know you. Just don't cram yourself into every free space you can find for my attention.

So overall, great game. But I wouldn't call it exactly difficult. Challenging? Ya...tedious at times... absolutely. I won't ever return to Chargestone Cave if it's the last thing I do. But a review wouldn't be fair without the good opinions.

1. Pokemon and World Design: Just a bang up job here. While some parts were based on NYC, as admitted by the designers themselves, I feel a good chunk of it also presses into the Midwestern states and even a little of the South West with Clay. The Pokemon feel fresh and new, all are well designed though at times a little silly while carrying a bit of nostalgia to them. Having grown up with Red and Blue (Actually having been playing video games long before them) I feel a sense of renewed discovery and interest in the game. No more Zubats and Geodudes every twenty steps. The same faces are gone, replaced with different faces with some features I can recall from days long gone.

New paradigms are being created, the elemental monkeys are the new eevee as far as I can tell, and hopefully if the rest of the country that Unova exists one we'll see -more- of their ilk. A geodude rehash and a new zubat model without being over used. A flying squirrel electric pokemon that totally isn't a pikachu...all these things are new while being old and I for one love it.

2. The cities: Each city feels different and unique with a culture and feel that the previous games didn't have. Airports, shipping cities, Broadway and more flesh out this world as a distinctly Western feel and it feels spot on for the location they picked.

3. The Characters: The same thing I complained about above is something I am going to turn around and praise in the same post. Yes, there are a lot of them and yes they are really just bloody mucking up my screen. But they're interesting with personality levels not really seen in the previous games. I actually care what they have to say (even if I feel they say it to dang often). N is an interesting "villain" and your friends are almost a yin and yang of the character you play even if he's the least fleshed out character in the whole game.

4. Graphics- Astounding though sometimes the fuzzy aspects to make things look "Far away" gets annoying and eye straining.

tgva8889
2011-03-10, 08:42 AM
On 2, these wild pokemon are actually a lot higher level than the previous ones, so wild battles haven't been "One-shot these guys automatically" for me. I have actually had to fight them, and they will wear me down after a few battles. I've had to do a little grinding just for my Pokemon to keep up. This games seems much more friendly to the "use only 2-3 guy and a bunch of HM slaves" approach than the normal "Full team of 6 guys" approach just from the first few routes.

That said, yeah, I haven't observed the high level of difficulty yet. It seems like it's dependent on which Pokemon you actually choose to use, but thus far my team has been doing fine. Pansear has kinda sucked thus far, though. He's been good against Cheren and Cilan and that's about it.

Also, I don't think I've ever whited out in a normal playthrough of a Pokemon game. Unless I decide not to change the rules, I usually do fine.

Qwertystop
2011-03-10, 10:29 AM
I've finished the basic design of the B/W Tourney Footprint Badge, but I'm having a bit of trouble shrinking it down to about 20x20 to make it siggable. Any helpful ideas? I have access to Photoshop CS5 and GIMP.

Here's a link to it: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1659/footprint.png

The green is just to make the white part stand out a bit for now, there's probably a badge case image it can be spliced into when it's actually given.

I was thinking of recoloring the standard Pokeballs on the sides to match version colors if/when we do an "all generations legal" tourney. A blue/pink with gray seam, a red/blue with green seam, a gold/silver with pale blue seam, and a red/green with blue seam and yellow dot.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 11:37 AM
Hey, I'm finally at the library. Anyone up for a flat battle?

Also, I have a theory I'd like to test. If someone coould trade me a throw away 'mon that knows both Surf and Fly, I'd appriciate it.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-10, 12:03 PM
I would if I even knew how. xD

Also, HOLY FLYING ----!
Strongest plotmon? Level 54. All post-plot trainers? SIXTIES. @_@

deuxhero
2011-03-10, 12:07 PM
LTIC you can't trade stuff with HMs anymore (as a result of not needing badges for HMs). I think you can still trade eggs that will know HMs when they hatch though.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 12:08 PM

Also, HOLY FLYING ----!
Strongest plotmon? Level 54. All post-plot trainers? SIXTIES. @_@

Have fun with the E4 rematch. :smallwink:

Also, I'm thinking about cheating. (And by that, I mean importing my EV trained Shiny Gerbils via Relocator.)

Deth Muncher
2011-03-10, 12:09 PM
LTIC you can't trade stuff with HMs anymore (as a result of not needing badges for HMs). I think you can still trade eggs that will know HMs when they hatch though.

Well bollocks and balderdash to that, I say! However, I didn't realize you didn't need badges for HMs anymore.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 12:15 PM

Crap. There goes that plan.

Might anyone have an egg that will hatch knowing Surf and Fly?

Well bollocks and balderdash to that, I say! However, I didn't realize you didn't need badges for HMs anymore.

Well, I had a feeling that you didn't, and wanted to check with fly/surf. Nice to know, though.

To set up a battle, you mean? We need each others Friend Codes (mine's back a page or two), and internet access.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 12:17 PM
Code in White is 111996460217, name Ian.

Quoting this for deth to update the first post.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 12:17 PM
I live Mage King, battle, want to?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 12:20 PM
I live Mage King, battle, want to?

Yes.

Also, has anyone started playing the games found here (http://www.pokemon.com/us/fun-zone/)? They seem addictive...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 12:21 PM
Yes.

Also, has anyone started playing the games found here (http://www.pokemon.com/us/fun-zone/)? They seem addictive...

OK, well I'm waiting now. I'm the leader, requesting a Single Flat-Battle w/o the Wonder Launcher.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 12:22 PM
OK, well I'm waiting now. I'm the leader, requesting a Single Flat-Battle w/o the Wonder Launcher.

Alright, heading in.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 12:24 PM
Alright, heading in.

Sweet. See you in a few. Hopefully...

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 12:27 PM
Sweet. See you in a few. Hopefully...

Waiting around for you to pop up.

deuxhero
2011-03-10, 12:35 PM
What to name my male modest flash fire litwick?

My current team is
O-Chul (male Samurott)
Swagodile/Kaminacroc (male Krokorok, will change name to the second when it evolves in one and half levels)
Smoky (female Stoutland)
Yamame (Galvantula)

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 12:37 PM
What to name my male modest flash fire litwick?

My current team is
O-Chul (male Samurott)
Swagodile/Kaminacroc (male Krokorok, will change name to the second when it evolves in one and half levels)
Smoky (female Stoutland)
Yamame (Galvantula)

No clue.

@Atlantean, I'll try seeking a battle I think it takes you off the list if you do, so... you should suspend your invitation for a minute or three.

Hey, I thought that was a flat battle, but my 'mon was l 18 and yours was 44...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 12:42 PM
@Atlantean, I'll try seeking a battle I think it takes you off the list if you do, so... you should suspend your invitation for a minute or three.

Hey, I thought that was a flat battle, but my 'mon was l 18 and yours was 44...

I thought it was too, I'm thinking it'll onlyu round you down to level 50 though, not up. :/

Yep looks that way... Damn.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 12:43 PM
FLAT BATTLES ARE A LIE!

They only reduce the level of pokemon to 50!

EDIT: Anyway, want to trade? I'm in need off a low level ghost-ground type...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 12:45 PM
FLAT BATTLES ARE A LIE!

They only reduce the level of pokemon to 50!

EDIT: Anyway, want to trade? I'm in need off a low level ghost-ground type...

Hehe, I traded my Gollet for a Mon with Pokerus. Come back in a bit and I may be able to help...

Aotrs Commander
2011-03-10, 12:59 PM
Okays, that'd be a first...

Having my entire team nearly taken out by a double battle with two wild Sawks.

Um. Yeah.

I've, like, been better off when fighting the Elite Four for the first time.

Good job I had Munna on hand, or that'd be been a TPK...

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 01:00 PM
Hehe, I traded my Gollet for a Mon with Pokerus. Come back in a bit and I may be able to help...

Alrighty. If it's nicknamed, say, MEGAS or Big O, that'd be prefered.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 01:15 PM
Ehhhh. Caught 2, both have Klutz... (sorry) What am I getting in return?

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 01:22 PM
Ehhhh. Caught 2, both have Klutz... (sorry) What am I getting in return?

Hm... What version are you playing? Because if it's Black, I can get you anything from up to route 5 that's White exclusive.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 01:27 PM
Hm... What version are you playing? Because if it's Black, I can get you anything from up to route 5 that's White exclusive.

Nah, I have White, don't you have a Snivy laying around? (I thought you traded Dewott over, maybe I'm wrong...)

Deth Muncher
2011-03-10, 01:33 PM
Effin' Victini's, how do they work? I can't catch the little bugger, despite having dropped it to red health and put it to sleep and having had Ultra Balls.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 01:36 PM
Effin' Victini's, how do they work? I can't catch the little bugger, despite having dropped it to red health and put it to sleep and having had Hyper Balls.

... You mean Ultra right? Anyway, it's an Uber Pokemon, it prolly has a ridiculous capture rate.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-10, 01:40 PM
I put Victini to red and threw sixty six ultra balls. Plus assorted others. :smallannoyed:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-10, 01:45 PM
Hmmm... Well, that stinks.

Redoing my team. Boxed Samurott, Vanillish, and Reuniclus for Frillish, Joltik, and Elgyem. (While I disliked Samurott and Vanillish, Reuniclus was fine, but I thought it'd be weird to only have one 3 stager on my team. I like symetry.)

ShinyRocks
2011-03-10, 01:52 PM
I tossed who knows how many Ultra Balls and couldn't get Victini; by that time, it was long enough for a Timer Ball, and the first one I used worked.

Yawn, False Swipe, hang around for ages maybe by just switching Pokemon, Timer Ball. Would be my advice.

Deth Muncher
2011-03-10, 01:54 PM
... You mean Ultra right? Anyway, it's an Uber Pokemon, it prolly has a ridiculous capture rate.

What are you talking about, of course I said Ultra Balls. It's not like my 8 year old self came back to destroy my thinking processes because Ultraballs have an H design on the top...noooo...

Anyway, yeah. I wasted my Dusk Ball, two Hyper Ultra Balls, and about 7 Great Balls, but I got it.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-10, 01:55 PM
Nah, I have White, don't you have a Snivy laying around? (I thought you traded Dewott over, maybe I'm wrong...)

No, I started with Oshawott.

Yeah... hm...I could hunt up a Pansage or Panpour, if you'd like.