PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion that might make the Forum better.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-08, 03:31 PM
I have seen in other forums, that the forum software tells you when someone has posted before you have submitted a post you have been writing. it shows a message like

"XXXXX poster has just posted something, do you want to revise your own post?

i was wondering if something similar could be added to the forum software.

Icewalker
2011-03-08, 05:14 PM
The general response to such suggestions tends to be:

1) It is not possible given the forum software and the way it is designed.
or
2) It would require significant work to add, and perhaps it would be an improvement, but there is no current plan to change it, or at least not anytime soon.

(But, I'm no mod)

The Dark Fiddler
2011-03-08, 06:06 PM
The general response to such suggestions tends to be:

1) It is not possible given the forum software and the way it is designed.
or
2) It would require significant work to add, and perhaps it would be an improvement, but there is no current plan to change it, or at least not anytime soon.

(But, I'm no mod)

To add on to this, it has been brought up before, and I'm about 80% sure the answer was of the second sort, it being too much work to add and test properly to implement any time soon.

Besides, ninjas are fun.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-08, 06:39 PM
I have seen in other forums, that the forum software tells you when someone has posted before you have submitted a post you have been writing. it shows a message like

"XXXXX poster has just posted something, do you want to revise your own post?

i was wondering if something similar could be added to the forum software.

That sounds like it would be kind of annoying tbh. I'd rather just edit afterwards than get something like that.

But that's just me.

Rawhide
2011-03-08, 06:55 PM
I've considered this previously. It hasn't been implemented not due to the software or time required, but rather due to increased server resources being required.