PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Pathfinder Warforged Monk/Swordsage/Psionic Fist

gourdcaptain
2011-03-08, 03:41 PM
I'm looking into playing a Warforged Monk 4/Unarmed Swordsage 1/Setting Sun Ninja 2/Psychic Fist 10/Setting Sun Ninja 3 in a Pathfinder game. I'd be starting playing at LV 5, but I'm trying to fix it up so that I could take Psychic Fist at LV 5. The current problem is with the build I'm using and prefer (Weapon Finesse and Shadow Blade so my unarmed attacks hit and damage off of Dexterity, reducing MAD to one less stat) I can't pick up Psionic Fist until LV 7, delaying my entry into that class.

Warforged have been changed from 3.5e to bring them into Pathfinder (no -2 Wisdom penalty, no fortification, and possibly (DM's still thinking about it) full healing). I know Monk's a terrible class, but I'm trying to build around it because I still like it - hence the heavy use of PrC's that advance monk abilities, and using Psychic Fist to pick up some manifesting and Psionic Lion's Charge to generate more flurries. Psychic Fist is the Psionics Unleashed version, and Shadow Sun Ninja's skill requirements are lowered by three to match how Pathfinder skills work. Fractional BAB and Saves will (probably) be in effect.

My current build idea is in the spoiler box:

Pathfinder Warforged Monk 4/Unarmed Swordsage 1/Setting Sun Ninja 2/Psychic Fist 10/Setting Sun Ninja 3

Stats are 4d6, drop lowest, and you can reroll the lowest of your six stats. Assign them as wished, and if the stats are bad you can instead use Pathfinder 20 point buy. I rolled decently, so I'm using those.

12 Str
17 Dex (+1 LV 4 and so on)
14 Con (16 after Racial)
13 Int
14 Wisdom (use a headband to pick up the extra needed for 5th level powers and to boost AC)
11 Cha (9 after Racial)
Point Buy Value: 29

Skills :
1. Stealth
2. Acrobatics
3. Perception
4. Psicraft
5. Use Magic Device - getting from a trait as a class skill.

Feats
LV 1 - Psiforged Body
LV 3 - Weapon Finesse
Monk 1 - Combat Reflexes
Monk 2 - Dodge Arrows
Swordsage 1 - Weapon Focus (Shadow Hand)
LV 5 - Shadow Blade
LV 7 - Psionic Fist
LV 9 - Adaptive Style
LV 11 - Snap Kick
Psychic Fist 1 - Up The Walls
LV 13 - Versatile Unarmed Strike
LV 15 - Snatch Arrows
LV 17 - Gloom Razor
Psychic Fist 2 - Speed of Thought
LV 19 - Psionic Charge

Powers, maneuvers, and stances are something I'm still thinking about, but I'm mostly going for buffs/noncombat from PsyFist, and I'm certainly getting Sudden Leap, Shadow Jaunt, Cloak of Deception, and Assassin's Stance if I can swing it. I'm probably getting Island of Blades from the Swordsage level in order to have a Shadow Hand stance for use with Shadow Blade.