PDA

View Full Version : Teleport!!!!

hivedragon
2011-03-08, 05:19 PM
what 3.5 build makes the best use out of the powers of teleportation.

also what cartoon character (probably voiced by Scott McNeil) is known for yelling teleport?

Keld Denar
2011-03-08, 05:27 PM
Best uses of teleport are the classes Teflemmar Shadowlord, Crinti Maurauder, and Blade of Orien, from Forgotten Realms and Eberron books respectively. They have abilities that allow them to make full attacks immediate after a teleportation effect.

Psionics gets honorable mention, though, with the Dimension Hop power (1st level Freedom Mantle power, swift action 10' teleport). I actually have a character built around the Dim Hop power using Eldariel's Ephemeral Blade homebrew PrC on an Ardent/Warblade chassis. Very fun!

sonofzeal
2011-03-08, 05:32 PM
Best use of Teleport is probably as an essential part of any number of Scry-and-Die builds. There may be more creative alternatives, but that's the one that comes to mind. I think the Terminator build (attempted Pun-Pun killer) also made good use, but I've lost the links for that.

Quietus
2011-03-08, 05:33 PM
And within Core-only, you have Horizon Trippers, using a slightly limited dimdoor to make sure that they can remain viable in most, if not all, situations.

Shade Kerrin
2011-03-08, 07:04 PM
The metagame of D&D(traditional definition, not the typical use of the term) causes a major problem with teleportation, in my experience. Thanks to Scry&Die and such, all important locations are warded against teleportation, which as a result means that characters based around more short-range teleportation find themselves lacking a fundamental piece of their construction when it is most likely to be needed.

Not that it adds much, just pointing out one problem with the ability