PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckler/wizard gish?

yugi24862
2011-03-08, 05:22 PM
I'm making a gish and I though I would make a non-standard one. Whats feats/gear and spells should I pick for a Swashbuckler Gish? I'm a grey elf, 35 point build and starting at level 15. Current build is Swashbuckler3/Wizard4/Ruather3/Abjuact Champion5.

gorfnab
2011-03-08, 06:37 PM
One feat to look into in Knowledge Devotion. It will definitely help you damage output. You could also consider Extend Spell and Persistent Spell for longer lasting buffs. For spells, since you're going with Abjurant Champion, Shield and Greater Luminous Armor should help your AC nicely.

dextercorvia
2011-03-08, 07:27 PM
Check out Swiftblade from the Web. You will also want to abuse polymorph to recover your dumped Strength.

gbprime
2011-03-08, 08:18 PM
Swiftblade loses 4 caster levels. He's lost 3 already getting Swash to have +INT to damage. Avoid Swiftblade.

You need Arcane Strike (Complete Warrior). Also consider a Domain wizard (Unearthed Arcana), since it gives you a bonus spell per day and you have a habit of dumping spells to do extra damage with Arcane Strike, and you really don't care what those spells are. Since you're an elf already, go with Elf Generalist Wizard (Races of the Wild) for a bonus spell per level and a bonus spell per day at your highest spell level. It stacks with Domain Wizard.

You'd actually benefit from greatly from picking up Nightstalker Transformation (Spell Compendium), since you give up your spellcasting during that time for great melee bonuses BUT can still sacrifice spells to power your Arcane Strike during that time!

The Cat Goddess
2011-03-08, 08:25 PM
If you're not really worried about raw earthshattering Wizard Power, then Duskblade does a lot of what you're talking about right out of the box.

Short dips into Swashbuckler & Ruathar can actually help the class... as could Warblade, for even more Int synergy.

yugi24862
2011-03-09, 10:45 AM
I'm mainly taking Ruather for 3/4 BAB and full casting. For domain wizard cant you not take both, as they both say to give up specialization?
Also, apart from nightstalker, anyone else has some good spells? Is there a list of standard Gish spells somewhere?

gbprime
2011-03-09, 10:49 AM
For domain wizard cant you not take both, as they both say to give up specialization?

Domain wizard can be taken as long as you do not specialize. Elf Generalist can be taken as long as you do not specialize. Ergo, you can have both.

only1doug
2011-03-09, 10:58 AM
Practised spellcaster should almost go without saying...

bludgeoning weapon + Greater mighty wallop (L3 spell from Races of the Dragon)...

Increase the damage of your light mace by 1 size category / 4 caster levels for 1 hr / caster level.