PDA

View Full Version : Magic Items for Warlocks.

Cerlis
2011-03-08, 08:49 PM
Got a level 7 warlock with standard gold for that level (dont know how much that is right now)

All his invocations are Control abilities pretty much.

what i'm wanting to know is what magic items i should get.

He has 20 dex and 18 charisma, and decent scores in everything else.

I'm guessing some magic armor, should some still be wasted on a magic weapon? Of course he will have a wand or staff or two of some kind since he automatically passes the DC (has +14 UMD modifier and can take 10), but is there something specific he should have?

awa
2011-03-08, 09:53 PM
i like a mithral buckler you don't need to be proficient because it has no armor check or spell failure chance and you can enchant it for a cheap boost to ac.
if your straight warlock a magic weapon is a waste of money generally.

if you don't have a cleric or druid wand of lesser vigor

MammonAzrael
2011-03-08, 10:08 PM
How often do you use abilities that require a save? A Cloak of Charisma is standard equipment for warlocks that use Cha. Consider a Mithril Chain shirt (1100 gp) for armor, it'll serve you well.

A wand of lesser vigor is a must, but things like that you should get the entire party to chip in on, as they will all be using it. Other wands depend on preference, but any should be good as long as you follow the standard rules for a good wand.

A lesser chasuble of fell power is worth considering if you want more damage (+1d6 to EB, costs 8k)

Re'ozul
2011-03-08, 10:37 PM
Bracers of Entangling blast (MIC 2000gp).
3 times per day, reduce blast damage by half, but all creatures damaged by your blast are entangled for 1d3 rounds (no save)and takes damage equal to the blasts spell level in each round it is entangled.

Later on:

Horizon Goggles (Complete Mage 8000gp) any SLA you use that needs an attack roll has its range increased by 50%.

KeepU
2011-03-09, 03:32 PM
Unless you're not planning on doing a lot of blasting for some reason I'll add a +1 on the CHASUBLE OF FELL POWER, every warlock should have one. Add to that GLOVES OF ELDRITCH ADMIXTURE from the magic item compendium 3/day add dice of damage and turn your blast to energy damage (your choice of energies on the fly.) for 2,500gp. Between them you'd be blasting for 5d6 (7d6 3/day). (And don't forget to chain that for half damage to an extra target.)