PDA

View Full Version : Billiards Cue Help Needed

DrizztFan24
2011-03-09, 12:50 AM
Hey folks. I need some help selecting a new billiards cue. It's also my first cue. I've done some research on the subject and I think I have the necessary information.

I am over 6' tall so I figure I will need a cue over 60". I would like a 12.5 to 13 mm tip. 18 ounces feels like it's the eight weight for me. I would like a 2 piece cue with Irish linen, anything else you would like to know? I feel like I have a moderate skill level (I took third place in my college's intramurals.)

Does anyone know of a good cue or two that fits the bill? Oh yes. And price range is below $300 if possible.

Winter_Wolf
2011-03-09, 10:32 AM
What kind of cue do you need that it would even come close to $300? I used a Miz from I think Target or Walmart, 20 oz, standard tip, screwed together in the middle, and it cost me less than$30 US. My buddy was 6'6" and he used it just fine with no trouble at all. You can get an 18 oz cue for the same cost. Granted I have no idea what Irish linen is or what it's for, but my cue served me very well during my uni days.

DrizztFan24
2011-03-09, 11:09 AM
The el cheapo cues like that have a tendency to warp, and dont have the flexibility that I would like. As for the cost, after about 300 dollars all of the shafts are of the same quality (the highest) and you just end up paying for the expensive ivory/exotic wood/intricate inlays. That is why Sneaky Pete's tend to be pretty popular for hustlers.