PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft Thread V: Don't Fear The Creeper

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Scuzzball
2011-03-09, 12:58 AM
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/MCThreadBanner.png
Terry576 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=41225) made a very nice banner.
Previous Threads:
Ssssssss... Minecraft (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164347)
Minecraft Thread II: Just One More Block (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171864)
Minecraft Thread III: Zombie Pigs Eventually Forgives (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177349).
Minecraft Thread IV:Life's A Birch And Then You Dye (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183503)

Anyway, I run a minecraft server open to this community, and really anyone else. I just need you to get your name on the whitelist, and have a post saying your name was added.
http://scuzzball.serveftp.com:8080/status.png
"scuzzball.serveftp.com:25565"

Mods/Admin Software: The list is on the whitelist

Rules
Rules for most of the server: are still being formulated on the whitelist, but currently:

Don't be a ****
Swearing is censored(Cause it was easier to do than not, not that it was ever a problem)
Don't steal peoples stuff
Don't break stuff that isn't yours
Use common sense

Rules for the small section of the server that is RPTown:

The setting is fantasy, after a dragon attacks our ship, causes it to wreck, and leaves our characters stranded. Certain steampunk elements (jukeboxes, TNT, minecarts) are allowed, of course.
There are no classes, but most characters do have jobs and specific skills as a result of their backgrounds. Use your own discretion.
Characters should be tied to skins, but the character's name should be used in description whenever possible, as well.
Keep RP things within the RPtown area, please. This includes grudges and so on.
There is no commitment here -- play when you want to, go build and explore elsewhere when you don't. Easy enough, right?
RP should be surrounded by quotes. Dialogue can simply go inside the quotes, and extra description and action are to be within asteriks inside the quotes, to make it clear to people not inside the RP. This is a good way to use names. "Like this, you see? *Deme shuts her book and waves it* I hope that's clear."
Bringing objects is limited at first, except for building materials it would be hard or impossible to get on the landmass, but are still good for characters, like brick or mossy cobble.
However, when a character starts, they can bring a few objects and tools appropriate to the character, for fun's sake. These are objects like tools and items, appropriate to their background -- the things they may have had in what bags they could grab *quickly* or on their person. Again, use your own judgement.
PVP = A-OK. Destroying structures or stealing items, on the other hand will require advance permission from the victim and will require in-story justification, not just for lulz. Otherwise, it shall be declared griefing.
If you want to temporarily "break character" and build a labrynth or a temple of doom to serve as an adventure, feel free. This can apply for groups as well.
If you need people to play special monsters or NPCs for your plot, ask around -- you don't have to (and probably shouldn't) reveal too much until you have some takers, and then, mainly to those who need to know.
The ability to re-spawn after death is a new, strange, magical ability that only happened after the wreck. The characters wouldn't know it at first. The same, of course, applies to the monsters that fester up from the ground after dark...
When building in RPtown, be sensible. Obey whatever laws of physics apply to your character or building materials, be respectful of others' spaces. Unlike regular minecraft, these buildings have to make sense in an IC way.
Most importantly, have fun. Be curious and adventurous and not afraid to bruise the apples with chaos and conflict a little.

RPTOWN STUFF
There is a second tab on the whitelist spreadsheet, that is for the use of people who are either in or wish to be in RPTown.
Soon, a description of RPtown will appear here.

PEOPLE TO CONTACT WHEN SERVER BREAKS
{table=head]Name|Steam Name|Skype Name
Scuzzball|Scuzzball|sdafeds
Memnarch|memnarch|
UntrainedMonkey|Dragonfeed|
Imposter|[Communist]Imposter|
[/table]
CONTEST FOR OP LAYOUT

I'm not the best ad making things look pretty, so if everyone who can think of a better layout for the opening post could do this, and link to your posts in the whitelist (Section already made for this), the winner will receive a secret prize!

Zexion
2011-03-09, 01:14 AM
I approve of this title. :smallbiggrin:

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-09, 01:15 AM
YAY! New Thread.

Subscription. Post. Zombie.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-09, 01:16 AM
Now I have an urge to write a real parody of the song.

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-09, 01:20 AM
Shamelessly stolen from mantissa128 of the Minecraft Forums (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=62526):

All my effort's done
Here, but now it's gone
Biomes don't fear the Creeper
Nor do the clouds, the sun or the blocks... we can be like they are
Come on baby (don't fear the Creeper)
Take a walk at night (don't fear the Creeper)
You'll be able to fly (don't fear the Creeper)
Baby I'm your sprite...

Halloween is done
Update frustration's gone
Roam the map and mine from it
For what seems like eternity (roam the map and mine from it)
40,000 goddamn blocks mined every day (roam the map and mine from it)
40,000 goddamn blocks mined every day (redefine happiness)
Another 40,000 coming every day (we can be like they are)
Come on baby, don't fear the Creeper
Take a walk at night (don't fear the Creeper)
You'll be able to fly (don't fear the Creeper)
Baby I'm your sprite...

Home was blown in two
Was enthused, but now am through
Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear I couldn't go on
I left my door open and the stars appeared
Punched all my torches 'til they disappeared
It wasn't long before HE appeared, saying "Ssssssssssssss..."
(Come on baby...) And I had no fear
And I went to him... then I started to fly
Looked at It and then said goodbye... I have become like they are
I have taken his hand... I have become like they are
Come on baby... don't fear the Creeper

Zexion
2011-03-09, 01:22 AM
My mind is blown. Whoever wrote that is the human embodiment of win. :smallbiggrin:

Frankelshtein
2011-03-09, 02:16 AM
Thread title makes me happy.

I'm also getting timed out. Seems to be a fairly persistent problem. Scuzz's sig seems to indicate that the server is running, so the problem may be on my side.

Scuzzball
2011-03-09, 06:49 AM
Thread title makes me happy.

I'm also getting timed out. Seems to be a fairly persistent problem. Scuzz's sig seems to indicate that the server is running, so the problem may be on my side.

Yeah, currently up.

Jokasti
2011-03-09, 08:44 AM
Was there no Thread the Third?

memnarch
2011-03-09, 08:53 AM
Minecraft Thread III: Zombie Pigs Eventually Forgives (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177349).

Luzahn
2011-03-09, 03:32 PM
To repost:

Omega, you own New Rome, correct?

If so, I accidentally built a rail line heading toward it. Would you like it hooked up to the network?

Ogremindes
2011-03-09, 04:12 PM
I'm timing out on the log in again.

I believe that not disconnecting properly (i.e. timing out from the server) is what triggers this.

xp194
2011-03-09, 04:37 PM
Thought I'd share this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWi6w8lGCpI)

You're welcome :-p

Luzahn
2011-03-09, 05:25 PM
Is the server down?

Ogremindes
2011-03-09, 05:25 PM
Is the server down?

No, but I haven't been able to get on.

Luzahn
2011-03-09, 05:31 PM
Back to dragon age!

littlebottom
2011-03-09, 05:35 PM
im glad my new title idea makes people happy! :smallbiggrin: *Feels awesome*

Luzahn
2011-03-09, 06:03 PM
Does anyone have mem or Scuzz's steam to contact them about the server being down?

Or am I just being stupid, and not noticing a problem on my end.

Chas the mage
2011-03-09, 08:22 PM
I haven't been able to get on as well.

Scuzzball
2011-03-09, 08:44 PM
Right.

Does anyone have mem or Scuzz's steam to contact them about the server being down?

Or am I just being stupid, and not noticing a problem on my end.

Scuzzball555.

Server restarted.

Ogremindes
2011-03-09, 10:42 PM
Timed out again. Can't log back in again.

dentrag2
2011-03-10, 12:01 AM
Are monsters still in? Please tell me they aren't. If they are, my temple of stone and glass will have to wait a while longer for me to see them :/

memnarch
2011-03-10, 12:54 AM
Server kicked again, monsters are on, I'm volunteering at a FIRST Robotics competition so I'm not gonna be on except for the evenings.

Elm11
2011-03-10, 04:35 AM
Apologies if this inconveniences anybody (i can't possibly imagine how it could) but i'm highly unlikely to be online today and maybe not tomorrow. I've had some important family matters (the really bad kind) come up and they need to be dealt with before i can go back to my fun...

druid91
2011-03-10, 08:55 AM
Question... Is there any way to get a controllable method of keeping creepers?

Such as having a room full of captured creepers that has a redstone connected iron door.

Cause I've noticed monsters seem to disappear.

Qwertystop
2011-03-10, 10:36 AM
Question... Is there any way to get a controllable method of keeping creepers?

Such as having a room full of captured creepers that has a redstone connected iron door.

I saw a mod that has a lot of different kinds of creepers, one is a baby creeper that can be tamed and explodes without suiciding when it grows up.

druid91
2011-03-10, 10:39 AM
That's nice and all... but it doesn't really help with the goal of making a panic button for the artificery in RPtown.

Qwertystop
2011-03-10, 10:43 AM
That's nice and all... but it doesn't really help with the goal of making a panic button for the artificery in RPtown.

Yes it does (though I didn't know that's what you were looking for). Tame the creepers, then trap them in there by getting out of the pen using ladders. Then, when you let them out, they won't kill you.

druid91
2011-03-10, 10:49 AM
But we'd have to get scuzz to agree to apply it. I think the chances are low.

factotum
2011-03-10, 10:51 AM

They'll despawn if there's nobody near them, and no, there isn't any way to stop that happening. You could just use TNT, of course...that doesn't disappear or move until it explodes!

druid91
2011-03-10, 11:06 AM
They'll despawn if there's nobody near them, and no, there isn't any way to stop that happening. You could just use TNT, of course...that doesn't disappear or move until it explodes!

TNT doesn't work. Though it would make a nice panic switch.

Ah whatever I'll just make the panic switch imaginary.

Now to find some redstone to rig up the trap door of doom for the fancy introduction room.

Volthawk
2011-03-10, 02:45 PM
I found some more slimes:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/2011-03-10_193830.pnghttp://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/2011-03-10_193828.png

There was another big one, but I split it up so I could get in the area they were in (hence the smaller ones).#

EDIT: Weird, I logged back in, now there's just one, but it seems to be bigger than the others.

Krazy_Night
2011-03-10, 03:48 PM
i would like to get white listed:smallwink:

Gamerlord
2011-03-10, 05:02 PM
How do I get myself whitelisted? Do I just enter my minecraft name into the spreadsheet?

Also, this game is terrifying :smalleek: .

I am too afraid to walk into my little base now because whenever I enter it I hear this snarling sound, and I am worried a zombie is going to ambush me. But if I do not go in, I will be stuck during the night.

And the music is just plain unearthly :smalleek: .

littlebottom
2011-03-10, 06:14 PM
to get onto the whitelist, simply add your name into the spreadsheet, (not alphabetically, as you will be over looked) then wait till Scuzz comes along and okays it.

Luzahn
2011-03-10, 06:56 PM
Server is down.

druid91
2011-03-10, 07:19 PM
How do I get myself whitelisted? Do I just enter my minecraft name into the spreadsheet?

I am too afraid to walk into my little base now because whenever I enter it I hear this snarling sound, and I am worried a zombie is going to ambush me. But if I do not go in, I will be stuck during the night.

Wait until you breach a cavern. Black spiders leapingout of dark overlooked caves above you, skeletons leaping out of the darkness ahead of you....:smallamused:

littlebottom
2011-03-10, 07:20 PM
ive reverted to i wanna be the guy while i wait for the server to come back up.

please... put the server back up so the cruelty to littlebottom can stop :smalleek:

omegaoracle
2011-03-10, 07:28 PM
To repost:

Omega, you own New Rome, correct?

If so, I accidentally built a rail line heading toward it. Would you like it hooked up to the network?

yes i do, and sure y not. jus wait until i am able to get on. latly i have been having very significant lag issues when i try and log in to the server and thats when im able to get in.

omegaoracle
2011-03-10, 07:34 PM
ok i have a few issues i need help with: 1. im getting timed out msgs so is the server down or am i just getting the usual msgs? 2. im having major lag issues anyone want to explain how to completely reinstall the the game to me. and 3 i saw the screen shots so does that mean that smiles are a frequent occurrence now? i hope my questions will be able to be answered soon cause i have a midterm in 30 min and i would like to be able to play after wards.

Shovah
2011-03-10, 09:24 PM
Pikachu181 to go on the whitelist

Really xD

Already put on the to-be-added list

Qwertystop
2011-03-10, 09:51 PM
Almost nobody's on in RP town? I was hoping to RP Speckly entering the "art-fisher" guild, but nobody from the guild is on.

memnarch
2011-03-10, 10:25 PM
Added, added, kicked, and added.

druid91
2011-03-10, 11:26 PM
Almost nobody's on in RP town? I was hoping to RP Speckly entering the "art-fisher" guild, but nobody from the guild is on.

I'm usually only on on teusday and thursday from 3:00 to 5:00 or so. And sometimes not then. It depends on how cooperative my colleges computers are.

Lord Herman
2011-03-11, 04:47 AM
Ooo, shiny new thread. Love the title. :smallbiggrin:

Scuzzball
2011-03-11, 07:02 AM
ok i have a few issues i need help with: 1. im getting timed out msgs so is the server down or am i just getting the usual msgs? 2. im having major lag issues anyone want to explain how to completely reinstall the the game to me. and 3 i saw the screen shots so does that mean that smiles are a frequent occurrence now? i hope my questions will be able to be answered soon cause i have a midterm in 30 min and i would like to be able to play after wards.

Depends on OS.
XP:
Delete C:/documents and settings/usernanme/application data/.minecraft

Win7 and maybe vista:
Del C:/users/uersname/appdata/roaming/.minecraft

Om
2011-03-11, 12:22 PM
Posting in new thread. Not playing much SMP at the moment though

Gamerlord
2011-03-11, 03:00 PM
Do we have a map of the server world or something like that anywhere?

Elm11
2011-03-11, 08:46 PM
Is the server down? i can't get online.

Gamerlord
2011-03-11, 09:16 PM
I am having the same issues.

Welknair
2011-03-11, 11:10 PM

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/demotivational-posters-minecraft-bunny.jpg

That is all.

(Thought this was somewhat relevant as I searched through Motivators for my next dump... wasn't RPG related, but was minecraft related...)

Crossblade
2011-03-12, 12:50 AM

Press F3. You'll be able to see floating numbers behind walls, those are the monsters.

Elm11
2011-03-12, 02:11 AM
I was exploring around and discovered a block placed on top of the Ravenholt waypoint. somebody fairly clearly boobytrapped it to send whoever turned up there off into lava. Unless i'm missing something, that probably warrents investigation.

MoelVermillion
2011-03-12, 02:36 AM
Its possible I was already white listed from that time I was asked to help test the TNT restrictions but I'd like to get white listed please. I added my user name to column C on the google spread sheet appropriately with the account name "thetsyman".

memnarch
2011-03-12, 08:37 AM
I was exploring around and discovered a block placed on top of the Ravenholt waypoint. somebody fairly clearly boobytrapped it to send whoever turned up there off into lava. Unless i'm missing something, that probably warrents investigation.

I see no block.

Maxios
2011-03-12, 02:41 PM
Server appears to be down :smallsigh: :smallfrown: :smallannoyed: :smallmad:: :smallfurious:

Lady Tialait
2011-03-12, 03:01 PM
Server appears to be down :smallsigh: :smallfrown: :smallannoyed: :smallmad:: :smallfurious:

And I was going to work on the Druid Guildhouse....*sigh*

Maxios
2011-03-12, 03:15 PM
And I was going to work on the Druid Guildhouse....*sigh*

And I was going to work on Fort Town, and [start] working on the top-secret SIXTH state of the Guildocracy

Gamerlord
2011-03-12, 04:34 PM
Server just died again.

Why is the server so unstable anyway? Is it Minecraft itself that is the issue?

Ogremindes
2011-03-12, 05:03 PM
Server just died again.

Why is the server so unstable anyway? Is it Minecraft itself that is the issue?

The old server was rigged to restart every hour. Which probably helped.

Luzahn
2011-03-12, 08:29 PM
If possible, we should implement a periodic reboot of the server.

Ogremindes
2011-03-12, 08:35 PM

We have that. That period is 24 hours. But going back to 1 or 2 hours would help, I think.

Gamerlord
2011-03-12, 08:48 PM

Would that remove all of the creations on it?

Ogremindes
2011-03-12, 09:02 PM
Would that remove all of the creations on it?

No. What we're talking about is no different from rebooting a PC, except we're talking about software rather than a physical machine.

Scuzzball
2011-03-12, 09:24 PM
Do we have a map of the server world or something like that anywhere?

No. I'll try to deal with that.

Whitelist:Will be updated in a few minutes.

Schedule:
Every 15 minutes Save the world state
Delete
Once per day at 03:30 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 30 minutes.
Delete
Once per day at 03:45 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 15 minutes.
Delete
Once per day at 03:55 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 5 minutes.
Delete
Once per day at 03:59 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 1 minute.
Delete
Once per day at 04:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 04:35 Send a console command: /save-off
Delete
Once per day at 04:36 Send a server notice: Backup time, don't crash server.
Delete
Once per day at 04:36 Run executable: save.sh
Delete
Once per day at 08:59 Send a console command: /save-on
Delete
Once per day at 09:00 Send a server notice: Backup complete.
Delete
Once per day at 00:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 minutes
Delete
Once per day at 01:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 09:25 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 09:30 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 10:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 11:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 13:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 14:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 16:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 17:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 19:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 20:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 23:59 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 23:54 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes

Just came in second in a FTC First Robotics competition. Stress can hurt.

Maxios
2011-03-12, 09:47 PM
No. I'll try to deal with that.

Whitelist:Will be updated in a few minutes.

Schedule:
Every 15 minutes Save the world state
Delete
Once per day at 03:30 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 30 minutes.
Delete
Once per day at 03:45 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 15 minutes.
Delete
Once per day at 03:55 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 5 minutes.
Delete
Once per day at 03:59 Send a server notice: Server restarting in 1 minute.
Delete
Once per day at 04:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 04:35 Send a console command: /save-off
Delete
Once per day at 04:36 Send a server notice: Backup time, don't crash server.
Delete
Once per day at 04:36 Run executable: save.sh
Delete
Once per day at 08:59 Send a console command: /save-on
Delete
Once per day at 09:00 Send a server notice: Backup complete.
Delete
Once per day at 00:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 minutes
Delete
Once per day at 01:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 09:25 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 09:30 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 10:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 11:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 13:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 14:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 16:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 17:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 19:55 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes
Delete
Once per day at 20:00 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 23:59 Restart server
Delete
Once per day at 23:54 Send a server notice: Restart: 5 Minutes

Just came in second in a FTC First Robotics competition. Stress can hurt.

You know how to make robots :smallconfused:?

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-12, 09:48 PM
You know how to make robots :smallconfused:?

It's not that hard if you have the right parts and decent software. I even made a working robot for Science Olympiad a few years back. I got to go as far as State, so I did a solid job.

memnarch
2011-03-12, 10:32 PM
Heh, and I just got back from volunteering at an FIRST Robotics Competition as well.

Gamerlord
2011-03-12, 10:35 PM
Server seems to be acting up again.

memnarch
2011-03-12, 11:25 PM
Messaging on Steam. Lot better than finding a message an hour later or so on the forums.

grimlata
2011-03-13, 12:04 AM
to me it seems like the server only goes down when it tries to restart....

Gamerlord
2011-03-13, 01:52 PM
Who owns this building? I discovered it near my fortress and I wanted to know who my neighbor is. Could not find any signs indicating who owns it.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m586/Gamerlord2/th_MINECRAFT.jpg?t=1300042286

memnarch
2011-03-13, 02:17 PM
Bigger picture please?

Gamerlord
2011-03-13, 03:12 PM
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9075/minecrafty.jpg
How is that?
If it helps, this is near Memnarch's Lake.

Shovah
2011-03-13, 03:37 PM
Kahah to be added to whitelist
Thanks again

Scuzzball
2011-03-13, 04:30 PM
Updated whitelist. Also, broke everything. I think you can still do stuff though. Gimme a few hours to finish my homework., and I'll fix it.

Zexion
2011-03-13, 05:39 PM
I have a question about the RuneCraft server mod. Can several teleporters be linked to one Waypoint? I want to make an undergound cavern which has one Waypoint, which dozens of teleporters all over the world link to, and lots and lots of Teleporters, linking to Waypoints all over the world, like a kind of portal nexus. Thanks! :smallsmile:

Qwertystop
2011-03-13, 06:01 PM
I have a question about the RuneCraft server mod. Can several teleporters be linked to one Waypoint? I want to make an undergound cavern which has one Waypoint, which dozens of teleporters all over the world link to, and lots and lots of Teleporters, linking to Waypoints all over the world, like a kind of portal nexus. Thanks! :smallsmile:

Our server already has that, so yes, it's possible. One entrance is on top of 4 obsidian stilts in Spawntown, visible from the crossroads.

memnarch
2011-03-13, 07:46 PM
So, I've been playing some puzzle/story adventures, and I'd thought I'd share links to them.

Escapecraft 1 (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=72298)

Escapecraft 2 (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=83457)

Escapecraft 3 (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=183206)

The Labyrinth (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24411)

TheMagicalCake
2011-03-13, 08:22 PM
So, I've been playing some puzzle/story adventures, and I'd thought I'd share links to them.

Escapecraft 1 (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=72298)

Escapecraft 2 (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=83457)

Escapecraft 3 (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=183206)

The Labyrinth (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24411)
Ive played all those except escapecraft 1

vp21ct
2011-03-13, 08:41 PM
Hello.

Played minecraft during alpha some. Left for a bit to play other games, now I'm starting to get back into it. Does anyone have any servers they'd recomend to a relative 'noob'?

Zexion
2011-03-13, 09:00 PM
Hello.

Played minecraft during alpha some. Left for a bit to play other games, now I'm starting to get back into it. Does anyone have any servers they'd recomend to a relative 'noob'?
This one, or my planned fantasy RP/civil war server, which will be up sometime in the next week and a bit.

vp21ct
2011-03-13, 10:30 PM
Where do I put my name on the white list, and does your server have a forum too?

Zexion
2011-03-13, 10:34 PM
Where do I put my name on the white list, and does your server have a forum too?
Yes, it shall have a forum, but it's not online yet. Me and my friends are just building the base infrastructure (teleportation hub, our private palaces, etc.), dividing it into districts guilds, and that sort of thing.
EDIT: Do you want to rule a citystate? Apply today in a week or so! :smalltongue:

vp21ct
2011-03-13, 10:39 PM
Applied on this thread's server whitelist, hope it's in the right spot... :smalleek:

Shovah
2011-03-14, 01:43 AM
It wasn't, but everyone does that. Fixed it for you :smallsmile:

memnarch
2011-03-14, 01:45 AM
Yes, it shall have a forum, but it's not online yet. Me and my friends are just building the base infrastructure (teleportation hub, our private palaces, etc.), dividing it into districts guilds, and that sort of thing.
EDIT: Do you want to rule a citystate? Apply today in a week or so! :smalltongue:

Forum? What for? There's hardly enough conversation here as it is.

vp21ct; added. The area at the top of the spreadsheet was the right spot.

vp21ct
2011-03-14, 04:18 AM
Thankees!!!

vp21ct
2011-03-14, 04:47 AM
Hmm... I think I might just go around constructing little 'rest stops' around the road system. Places to sleep during the night, plus to construct something really quick, or to leave simpler tools that you might need.

What's everyone think?

Scuzzball
2011-03-14, 06:00 AM
Okay, update on server: I have no idea, I never finished all of my homework. I'll work on it tonight, all the homework acquired today will be due wednesday.

Zain
2011-03-14, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know what sort of internet speeds you should have to play online? I find I have lag issues

Shmee
2011-03-14, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone, I just added my name to the white-list (Shmee13) and am awaiting to join the server.

factotum
2011-03-14, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know what sort of internet speeds you should have to play online? I find I have lag issues

Speed is probably a great deal less important than latency--if your ping times to the server are very high then you'll get lag even if you have a 100Mbit connection!

Cobalt
2011-03-14, 05:32 PM
Hmm... I think I might just go around constructing little 'rest stops' around the road system. Places to sleep during the night, plus to construct something really quick, or to leave simpler tools that you might need.

What's everyone think?

I think that was planned to be done at somepoint a long time ago, but it never got around to being started(?) by anyone. If you're willing to get that started, by all means. You may want some help, though, as the roads are very, very long. I'd offer, but I can't even keep a stable connection when the server isn't acting up, so I can offer only moral support from a distance.

alchemyprime
2011-03-14, 07:55 PM
Hey, my Minecraft name is Alchemyprime as well. Mind if I come play with you guys on your server?

Zexion
2011-03-14, 07:59 PM
Has anyone built a future-themed city or a Mage Guild yet? If so, how can I get to them so that I can help? :smalltongue:

Scuzzball
2011-03-14, 08:10 PM
Hey, my Minecraft name is Alchemyprime as well. Mind if I come play with you guys on your server?

Sure. Try to read the OP next time. It says to put your name in the whitelist doc. But added anyway. And the other person too.

Starting work on server, sorry for the long wait. ALso, the other worlds are not dead, you just can't get to them currrently.

vp21ct
2011-03-15, 12:28 AM
I think that was planned to be done at somepoint a long time ago, but it never got around to being started(?) by anyone. If you're willing to get that started, by all means. You may want some help, though, as the roads are very, very long. I'd offer, but I can't even keep a stable connection when the server isn't acting up, so I can offer only moral support from a distance.

I think I can construct them all if I can get enough sandstone to handle where I can't dig. Also, if you find one of my rest areas, feel totally free to leave something in the chest that you think might be useful to the next passerby.

Qwertystop
2011-03-15, 07:05 AM
I think I can construct them all if I can get enough sandstone to handle where I can't dig. Also, if you find one of my rest areas, feel totally free to leave something in the chest that you think might be useful to the next passerby.

What's sandstone have to do with inability to dig?

Lost Demiurge
2011-03-15, 08:30 AM
Man... I haven't logged on in a while.

Probably should! I miss you guys. Thing'sve just been stupid busy...

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-15, 09:04 AM
Man... I haven't logged on in a while.

Probably should! I miss you guys. Thing'sve just been stupid busy...

Ditto for myself.

Uke Fox
2011-03-15, 09:26 AM
The rest-stop idea sounds win. However, I want to help make this minecart train system that I keep hearing about! Any ideas on when TP will work again?

Scuzzball
2011-03-15, 02:07 PM
Hopefully today depending on how badly the plugins act in my test. Reason everything is down is some update broke everything.

alchemyprime
2011-03-15, 03:13 PM
Heh, I just realized Lady Tialait and Shmee are here too! It's like old times!

So, on a more important note, what kind of projects should I tackle here? Just making a bit fortress off in a corner? Or maybe smithing a bunch of weapons and tools to give to folks who need them?

Why not both? I think I'll make myself a fortress a ways off, and turn it into a factory. Anyone have any input on that?

Scuzzball
2011-03-15, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry I broke many things.
Lost warps.
Lost homes
Retained teleporters in runecraft.
Lost interworld portals.
Gained chest protection.
Gaind a dead scuzzball brain.

vp21ct
2011-03-15, 06:18 PM
What's sandstone have to do with inability to dig?

So I can build it just on the side of the road.

Ogremindes
2011-03-15, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry I broke many things.
Lost warps.
Lost homes
Retained teleporters in runecraft.
Lost interworld portals.
Gained chest protection.
Gaind a dead scuzzball brain.

Lost group permissions :(

memnarch
2011-03-15, 07:18 PM
Commands are basically dead for the time being.

Frankelshtein
2011-03-15, 11:38 PM
Also: Creepers are on.

Found that out the hard way :smallfrown:

alchemyprime
2011-03-16, 12:17 AM
Also: Creepers are on.

Found that out the hard way :smallfrown:

I did too. By holing myself up in a tree.

Scuzzball
2011-03-16, 12:46 AM
Commands are basically dead for the time being.

What do you mean? They just don't work? Dammit, time happened and I can't fix this for a while.

littlebottom
2011-03-16, 06:30 AM
seems like the servers in a bit of a mess, im going to busy over the coming 2 weeks, so i suppose ill mention it here.

i will have internet access, ill just be busy (and not at my own home) so i may pop on minecraft now and then, but not too often.

so if i dont see anyone for 2 weeks you know why:smallredface: well its 2 weeks from friday, but still.

Gadora
2011-03-17, 10:44 AM
Could someone please explain exactly what happened at the pit by the grinder after I left last night?

Wookieetank
2011-03-17, 03:13 PM
Could someone please explain exactly what happened at the pit by the grinder after I left last night?

Stuff and/or things. :smalltongue: Other than that don't know, wasn't there.

Gamerlord
2011-03-17, 05:30 PM
Would anyone mind if a sibling used my account to play on the minecraft server, but under a different nickname? Or does this violate some rule related to using the game I did not notice?

memnarch
2011-03-17, 05:39 PM
If he/she follows the rules, that's perfectly fine. If she/he doesn't, well, you might be affected as well.

Gamerlord
2011-03-17, 06:33 PM
If he/she follows the rules, that's perfectly fine. If she/he doesn't, well, you might be affected as well.

Understood, for reference, she will go under the name of dragon_queen.

SP Ninja
2011-03-17, 07:21 PM
Good news everybody! After a successful journey with hyper-speed shenanigans and a railroad I have repaired the fishbowl waypoint. The place should be reconnected with the outside world. Good times.

MeatShield#236
2011-03-17, 08:13 PM
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9075/minecrafty.jpg
How is that?
If it helps, this is near Memnarch's Lake.

Hmmm, looks like my brother's place. He started his own server so he hasn't been on for a while.

Don't remember the spire jutting from the top though.

Gamerlord
2011-03-17, 09:15 PM
Exactly how much land does the guild own? Seems like it is enough to declare itself it's own nation.

memnarch
2011-03-17, 09:24 PM
Exactly how much land does the guild own? Seems like it is enough to declare itself it's own nation.

There aren't really nations in the minecraft server. It's more of a benevolent dicto-anarchy which has some rules to follow and anything else is fair game. :smalltongue:

People who make a nation over the course of a week or so will eventually move on to more interesting projects. Take RP for example; started strong, was lots of fun, then it died out as people got settled into their routines of what they would do.

Uke Fox
2011-03-17, 09:56 PM
Although, it'd be pretty cool if we could have that map eventually, and be able to mark it with each settlement.

Gad, I'm pretty sure the Grinder can be seen FROM SPACE, so it should be a nice marker for the place, eh? Also... What happened in the pit;

Someone came on the server (I forget who, sorry whoever you were) and was talking about duplicating iron doors, or something. Max and him started doing so at the bottom of the pit while I continued smoothing the edges (which is why you'd find sand and cacti down there), and I kinda sort of set fire to Max for the lulz (Hey, fire doesn't even do damage on Peaceful, you regen too fast!). So, he 'declared war' on me, and continually kept setting me on fire and whatever while I was excavating (Explaining the cobble structures,he used them to chase me, lol). My connection died, so that's why my dirt-scaffolding was still around (I use dirt structures to get to those high-up holes in the walls that needed filled in).

Also, I think somebody set off TNT up top. I fixed it with Cobblestone, and the damage was mostly on the dirt/grass, anyway.

Also also, the pit is now finished. Thanks to me~ :3

Maxios
2011-03-17, 10:23 PM

We own:
Fort-Town
Heck-Town
The Undersea
The Undercity
The Underfarm
Shoreland
Paradise (Still trying to be found after warps were erased)
Fort Gamer

^: You blew me up with TNT. Three times in a row. Just thought I should mention that :smalleek:

Zerkai
2011-03-17, 11:00 PM
So want in
Username; jjminer

Uke Fox
2011-03-17, 11:08 PM
You blew me up with TNT. Three times in a row. Just thought I should mention that :smalleek:

Dude, I explained that already. DX It's your fault for being invisible. :P Besides, I gave you a block of diamond. Hush.

Zerk: Added you to the whitelist. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqU4LU4RNy0AdEZqY1VudzdDaDRxTEN3NTR6Z2hvM Wc&authkey=CKedzfgI&hl=en#gid=0)

Maxios
2011-03-17, 11:15 PM
Dude, I explained that already. DX It's your fault for being invisible. :P Besides, I gave you a block of diamond. Hush.

Of course. I also forgot one of the states:
The Shire

Zerkai
2011-03-17, 11:29 PM
Can I get whitelisted? Keep getting kicked from server.

Uke Fox
2011-03-17, 11:38 PM
I put you in the "Wanting to be whitelisted" column. You hafta wait until an admin approves!

Ogremindes
2011-03-18, 03:19 AM
Are commands supposed to be working? 'Cause I don't have permissions for my donator commands.

Uke Fox
2011-03-18, 09:43 AM
Nope, they're as borked as everything else.

Lord Herman
2011-03-18, 11:34 AM
Did you guys see the video Notch put up about the new wolf mob?

Linky! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Lp9p5yjuo)

I think it's adorable! :smallbiggrin:

Gamerlord
2011-03-18, 11:47 AM
Did you guys see the video Notch put up about the new wolf mob?

Linky! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Lp9p5yjuo)

I think it's adorable! :smallbiggrin:

Meh, I want dragons.

Gadora
2011-03-18, 12:24 PM
Although, it'd be pretty cool if we could have that map eventually, and be able to mark it with each settlement.

Gad, I'm pretty sure the Grinder can be seen FROM SPACE, so it should be a nice marker for the place, eh? Also... What happened in the pit;

Someone came on the server (I forget who, sorry whoever you were) and was talking about duplicating iron doors, or something. Max and him started doing so at the bottom of the pit while I continued smoothing the edges (which is why you'd find sand and cacti down there), and I kinda sort of set fire to Max for the lulz (Hey, fire doesn't even do damage on Peaceful, you regen too fast!). So, he 'declared war' on me, and continually kept setting me on fire and whatever while I was excavating (Explaining the cobble structures,he used them to chase me, lol). My connection died, so that's why my dirt-scaffolding was still around (I use dirt structures to get to those high-up holes in the walls that needed filled in).

Also, I think somebody set off TNT up top. I fixed it with Cobblestone, and the damage was mostly on the dirt/grass, anyway.

Also also, the pit is now finished. Thanks to me~ :3

Thanks. Any idea who set off the TNT up top? It took out two chests.

Scuzzball
2011-03-18, 04:44 PM
Okay. Do we just want to move to a temporary server, and add the world in via Multiverse once I get time to fix everything? It would have no whitelist, and be a bit harder to moderate. Opinions?

Ogremindes
2011-03-18, 04:55 PM
My vote's for no.

Gamerlord
2011-03-18, 05:04 PM
I vote yes, better TNT blows stuff up there then on the main realm.

thegurullamen
2011-03-18, 05:09 PM
I vote yes. Since the server went wonky, somebody done vandalized mah town and stole mah cakes. :smallfrown:

memnarch
2011-03-18, 05:11 PM
I vote yes, because keeping the older stuff intact is somewhat important. More so than a new map anyway.

I would keep the current whitelist on if that would be possible however.

Ogremindes
2011-03-18, 05:29 PM
Nothing so permanent as a temporary encampment...

Gadora
2011-03-18, 05:29 PM
Isn't a temporary world just about traditional when mods go down? I vote yes.

Deme
2011-03-18, 06:27 PM
I vote yes as well.

Uke Fox
2011-03-18, 11:03 PM
I dunno. It made no sense (the placement), so I'd assumed Creeper... but it was too big, and, I remembered that we were on Peaceful. DX Did you lose anything important?

Also, the new world is fun! X3 Is there a possibility of it still being accessible in future?

Lady Tialait
2011-03-18, 11:05 PM
The Temp Map is fun...

I have seen these watchmen around...I will now announce the Temporary Druidic Society! We will be making a giant stone tree to put our farms and trees on, and animal farms...maybe a monster farm...not sure.

Anyway...need assistance later.

Gadora
2011-03-19, 12:27 AM
I dunno. It made no sense (the placement), so I'd assumed Creeper... but it was too big, and, I remembered that we were on Peaceful. DX Did you lose anything important?

Also, the new world is fun! X3 Is there a possibility of it still being accessible in future?

Lost about a chest and a half of cobble.

Fan
2011-03-19, 03:54 AM
Asking to be white listed... User name is VampityVamp.

rcjrrjcr
2011-03-19, 04:22 AM
I would like to be whitelisted please. Already added my name to the spreadsheet.

EDIT: My minecraft username is tdcgcc.

Uke Fox
2011-03-19, 10:16 AM
New people: The whitelist died a death. Not sure if the temp server has a whitelist! Try joining, anyway.

Gad - Least it wasn't anything important. D:

Gadora
2011-03-19, 11:29 AM
Uke: The main reason the grinder took so long to build is that I didn't have enough cobble. Considering the expansions I have planned, I'd almost rather have lost my stash of diamond.

memnarch
2011-03-19, 12:52 PM
Uke: The main reason the grinder took so long to build is that I didn't have enough cobble. Considering the expansions I have planned, I'd almost rather have lost my stash of diamond.

When everything is back to normal, I'll get you cobble.

Volthawk
2011-03-19, 01:09 PM
SP and Heaven found a slime, and split it, and due to, I dunno, some bug or other, they kinda also made a load of clones...yeah, these pretty much show what it was like:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/2011-03-19_180252.pnghttp://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/2011-03-19_180259.pnghttp://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/2011-03-19_180301.pnghttp://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/2011-03-19_180326.pnghttp://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/2011-03-19_180333.png

Maxios
2011-03-19, 04:07 PM
I've been robbed three times since yesterday. The signs saying Watch HQ were taken first, then the Pumpkins outside HQ, and now the membership signs.

Edit: My full stack of iron has been taken. Some of my other iron has been stolen as well

Uke Fox
2011-03-19, 05:57 PM
Dang, man. But hey, can get cobble again easily, yes? Maybe can get one of the ops to give you lots later...

And as before, I'll help!

@ Volt, slimes are everywhere! They make clientside clones, tis a bug!

Gadora
2011-03-19, 07:37 PM
When everything is back to normal, I'll get you cobble.

Thank you.

Dang, man. But hey, can get cobble again easily, yes? Maybe can get one of the ops to give you lots later...

And as before, I'll help!

@ Volt, slimes are everywhere! They make clientside clones, tis a bug!

And thank you as well.

rcjrrjcr
2011-03-20, 09:54 AM
Is it fine if I build a underground tunnel to spawn from my house?

Maxios
2011-03-20, 03:16 PM
Server appears to be down

Scuzzball
2011-03-20, 05:45 PM
Yeah. It'll be on it's own plane. You know how you have to use portals or /mvtp to get between hell, paradise, and world? It'll be an addition to that. Also, the original maps if I can find any.

Server is up.

Why does nobody use mail that I've seen?

memnarch
2011-03-20, 06:16 PM
Going to guess that there's the forum PMs when needed, and when the server's down, one can't access the mail.

Elm11
2011-03-21, 05:00 AM
Hopefully i'll start being able to get online again soon, but i'm bogged down with school work and study, so for now no chance.

Maxios
2011-03-21, 02:44 PM
The Creeper
Before you stands a Green, block-like beast. It has an unhappy face, forever fixed on it.
Level: 1
Species: Creeper
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Height & Weight: 5'7, 57 lb
Hirelings/Minions: N/A
Attacks
Melee Attack Bonus:
Spell Attack Bonus:
Ranged Attack Bonus:
Health: 8
Defenses
Armor Class: 14
Reflex: 10
Mind: 5
Constitution: 10
Ability Scores
Strength: 10
Physical: 13
Agility: 10
Intelligence: 5
Personality: 5
Wisdom: 5

Attacks, Spells, & Powers:
Explosion: A Creeper can force itself to explode at will. When a Creeper explodes, the Creeper takes 1d10-1 damage (Which will almost always kill it). Anyone within 10 Ft. of the Creeper takes 2d6+1 damage. A Creeper can only explode once in it's life. The Creeper's explosion is what makes it so dangerous, because a lone creeper's exploding abilities can kill an entire party of Adventurers with low Health.

Equipment:
N/A. If a Creeper dies when it explodes, it's been known to have a lot of gunpowder suddenly appear where it died.
Skills:
Stealth +5, Athletics +1

I wrote out the stats for A Creeper using The Hub Basic RPG Rules (Which I'm currently working on) :smallbiggrin:

Crossblade
2011-03-21, 04:10 PM
I'd rewrite the gunpowder randomly appearing and just say "its remains are only a dark powder, which can be used as gun powder."
And I think I'd make the explosion a little more powerful, like 2d4+1 or 2d6+1.
Maybe even 2d8, because it can kill you from full life; possibly add in some fluff about armor class amount reducing the damage roll on the explosion.

That's just me though.

factotum
2011-03-21, 04:23 PM
I would tend to question the "Neutral Evil" thing. To my mind, creepers are mindless things that just rush towards the nearest player and explode through instinct--I would class their intelligence as no more than 2, and their alignment as True Neutral.

Maxios
2011-03-21, 04:43 PM
To Crossblade: I'll edit his Damage, and maybe change how much damage it does to the Creeper when it explodes

To Fact: Good call on the Aligment. I'll fix that

memnarch
2011-03-21, 05:02 PM
I would tend to question the "Neutral Evil" thing. To my mind, creepers are mindless things that just rush towards the nearest player and explode through instinct--I would class their intelligence as no more than 2, and their alignment as True Neutral.

Thing is, creepers will wait until you walk past their hiding spot, then rush you if they can. They can also see you through walls, which makes that first ability rather scary.

Maxios
2011-03-21, 05:12 PM
Thing is, creepers will wait until you walk past their hiding spot, then rush you if they can. They can also see you through walls, which makes that first ability rather scary.

That's why I had their aligment be Neutral Evil, because they attack with provocation, and may or may not blow up on purpose to destroy your stuff

memnarch
2011-03-21, 05:18 PM
I would have aligned them Chaotic Evil because destroying stuff is all they do.

Maxios
2011-03-21, 05:19 PM
I would have aligned them Chaotic Evil because destroying stuff is all they do.

Good call. I'll edit his sheet. I will also write out the stats for the Ghast, and post them on here later.

Lady Tialait
2011-03-21, 05:25 PM
I plan fencing off a bit of area for the Druidic Society. Then me and Krazy will be lighting the area up....a no-monster zone! Yay!

Elm11
2011-03-22, 05:52 AM
Apologies, did i miss something? are we running on a temp server for now?

EDIT: whoops, found the post. Any idea

A) where i can get some tnt :smallamused:
B) how long it'll be till things are anti borkeded and we can use the original server again?

Scuzzball
2011-03-22, 06:10 AM
A) where i can get some tnt :smallamused:
B) how long it'll be till things are anti borkeded and we can use the original server again?

You can't, this world will be imported to the original server once I have some time.
Once I have some time. (This weekend at the latest)

Uke Fox
2011-03-22, 06:15 AM
You can get TNT, as far as I'm aware (unless things have changed in the last day). Just kill some Creepers without letting them 'splode, collect gunpowder, and craft it the boring way. X3

EDIT: Max - Return to Mobius (http://return-to-mobius.net/index.php?). 'Cuz you were asking.

EDIT 2: Yay! I'd be sad if this map was lost... but also, Creepers - don't think they should be Chaotic Evil. Yeah, they exist for destruction, but they aren't malicious about it! And the only reason they seem to have an affinity for blowing up your structures is because you're usually on them, and you're the target, yes yes? Being scary and having tactics doesn't make them evil. Wolves (real-life wolves) are scary, and have tactics...

Creeper - D:

Also, have torches broken or something? I'm missing quite a few in Fort Fo'Sho, although I replaced them. o.o

Luzahn
2011-03-22, 03:01 PM
Server down? Or is my comp being weird?

Maxios
2011-03-22, 04:02 PM
The Ghast
Imagine a giant, white, blocky, jellyfish. Now imagine this thing is in front of you, glaring red eyes focused on you
Level: 5
Species: Ghast
Height & Weight: 10 Feet Tall, 750 lb

Melee Attack Bonus: +0
Spell Attack Bonus: +7
Ranged Attack Bonus: +2

Health: 50

Armor Class: 10
Reflex: 12
Mind: 17
Constitution: 13

Physical: 15
Agility: 12
Intelligence: 17
Personality: 10
Wisdom: 10

Fireball: The Ghast can shoot fireballs that do 2d8+2 Damage as a Spell Attack vs Reflex. These fireballs can destroy Netherack and other materials from it's home plane, The Nether. The fireballs however, cannot destroy most materials from The Hub, such as cobblestone or brick.

Hover: A Ghast flies about 10 Ft. off the ground, but can raise or lower it's height at will.

Special: The Ghast only appears in the Hell-dimension known only as The Nether. A special ritual however, can summon a Ghast.

Equipment:
N/A

Skills: +10 Lore (The Nether)
The Ghast, statted out The Hub Basic rules

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-22, 04:07 PM
The Ghast
Imagine a giant, white, blocky, jellyfish. Now imagine this thing is in front of you, glaring red eyes focused on you
Level: 5
Species: Ghast
Height & Weight: 10 Feet Tall, 750 lb

Melee Attack Bonus: +0
Spell Attack Bonus: +7
Ranged Attack Bonus: +2

Health: 50

Armor Class: 10
Reflex: 12
Mind: 17
Constitution: 13

Physical: 15
Agility: 12
Intelligence: 17
Personality: 10
Wisdom: 10

Fireball: The Ghast can shoot fireballs that do 2d8+2 Damage as a Spell Attack vs Reflex. These fireballs can destroy Netherack and other materials from it's home plane, The Nether. The fireballs however, cannot destroy most materials from The Hub, such as cobblestone or brick.

Hover: A Ghast flies about 10 Ft. off the ground, but can raise or lower it's height at will.

Special: The Ghast only appears in the Hell-dimension known only as The Nether. A special ritual however, can summon a Ghast.

Equipment:
N/A

Skills: +10 Lore (The Nether)
The Ghast, statted out The Hub Basic rules

Interesting, but its worth noting that, since the vertical measure of a block represents a meter, a Ghast is actually a fifteen-foot cube.

Maxios
2011-03-22, 04:07 PM
Interesting, but its worth noting that, since the vertical measure of a block represents a meter, a Ghast is actually a fifteen-foot cube.

It is? I'll have to edit the sheet

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-22, 04:15 PM
It is? I'll have to edit the sheet

Maybe not exactly 15, but somewhere in that area. Higher than 10, at any rate.

Maxios
2011-03-22, 04:17 PM
Maybe not exactly 15, but somewhere in that area. Higher than 10, at any rate.

Alright. I'll edit the sheet. By the way, I won't be statting out any more creatures from Minecraft for a while

Lord Herman
2011-03-23, 06:48 AM
Did Notch fiddle with Slime spawn rate in the last patch? I've been finding Slimes all over the lower caverns of my new world, and I'd never seen a single Slime before.

Wookieetank
2011-03-23, 08:14 AM
Did Notch fiddle with Slime spawn rate in the last patch? I've been finding Slimes all over the lower caverns of my new world, and I'd never seen a single Slime before.

Or did the slimes meddle with their own source code in an effort to take over minecraft? DUN DUN dun~! :smalleek:

Saposhiente
2011-03-23, 03:35 PM
7/8ths of them are probably illusions created after a slime falls in lava. Log out+in to get rid of them.

Lady Tialait
2011-03-23, 03:37 PM
7/8ths of them are probably illusions created after a slime falls in lava. Log out+in to get rid of them.

Ghost Slimes! SLIMER!...I want one....damn you..now I really want one.

Saposhiente
2011-03-23, 04:57 PM
You can certainly borrow one of my ghost pigs. Slimes, well, dig a larger area. Slime spawning is buggier than an insect science fair project; some areas spawn lots while some spawn none. Poke enough open spaces and you'll find some.

Frankelshtein
2011-03-23, 08:25 PM
So it would seem that there have been shenanigans. Not the cheeky and fun kind, but the cruel and tragic kind. Which makes them not really shenanigans at all...

Anyway, it seems someone has been running around sabotaging the teleporter/waypoint systems, disabling both ends. Considering warps don't work, it was quite annoying to navigate back to my waypoint. Of course, as soon as I'm about to replace the signature, I get mauled to death by a zombie, but that is irrelevant.

Honestly, it always surprises me when griefing happens on this server. The vast majority of people are decent folk. I suppose it just goes to show that 1 or 2 people can really screw things up. It is disappointing though. I'd expect better from GitPers...

memnarch
2011-03-23, 08:30 PM
Whitelist is off as far as I know.

Frankelshtein
2011-03-23, 11:19 PM
Whitelist is off as far as I know.

Huh. I hadn't considered that possibility. In that case, is there any way to moderate server access aside from the whitelist? Or do something about the griefing?

Lord Herman
2011-03-24, 03:32 AM
Unless the waypoints have been visibly vandalised, this particular problem might not have been caused by griefing - teleporters have been known to randomly stop working. I once lost my underground stash, accessible only by teleporter, that way.

Worira
2011-03-24, 12:24 PM
A friend of mine by the name of SteelShark is on the server at the moment. If the whitelist does come back, I'd appreciate it if he was added to it.

memnarch
2011-03-24, 01:07 PM
Just make sure he's on the to-be-added column, and we should be good.

Worira
2011-03-24, 01:15 PM
Okey dokes.

Lady Tialait
2011-03-24, 02:13 PM
My buildsite has been violated!....it makes me sad, because we were working on a temple.

Saposhiente
2011-03-24, 04:36 PM
dwights is an IRL friend, whitelist please

Scuzzball
2011-03-24, 04:37 PM
Temp server is down, perminant server is up. Stuff still a bit broken. Fixing.

Uke Fox
2011-03-24, 07:33 PM
Or did the slimes meddle with their own source code in an effort to take over minecraft? DUN DUN dun~! :smalleek:

Oh my...

Minecraft is becoming self-aware?? Awesome! Also, am happy with us being home again. X3

EDIT: To aid those poor confused souls whom we may disturb...

Look at life - in his hand weight that way sometimes, regional administrator of Shakespeare down Strode, Windows morning light from a wall around it to absorb the ladder. He gave the woman a sense of chimney, magic heart clear and clean warm room for life to go. Shakespeare glanced at her dress and small hat form apologize for removal, put all their hooks. Your sword back in his office to fire weapons in a chair beside melt. Ah then, Shakespeare himself a drink and put something to drink in July, "Do not worry, hon, you will not grieve. Never mind that my information is wrong .. gang .... me I should tell you about. "he said, his voice a whisper like voice band just once said." mathius my name is Captain Shakespeare, the hammer is all. "

Me and Shovah were messing with Google Translate, and this is the disjointed result of one of my posts from Return To Mobius (my RP forum!)! So, in short...

"He gave the woman a sense of chimney". That is all.

Frankelshtein
2011-03-24, 08:21 PM
Either there was some sort of odd server glitch that removed all wood and plank blocks in a small radius, or someone burned down my house and the surrounding woods :smallfrown:

I'm really sad... That house was a real pain to build, and I built it to compliment the adjacent trees, and those will never grow back the same.

Honestly, this makes me feel disappointed, and more than a little angry.

(If this is a glitch, is there any way to reverse it? Also, is there any way to figure out if this happened before or after the current save, to hopefully determine when it happened?)

Lady Tialait
2011-03-24, 08:29 PM
Either there was some sort of odd server glitch that removed all wood and plank blocks in a small radius, or someone burned down my house and the surrounding woods :smallfrown:

I'm really sad... That house was a real pain to build, and I built it to compliment the adjacent trees, and those will never grow back the same.

Honestly, this makes me feel disappointed, and more than a little angry.

(If this is a glitch, is there any way to reverse it? Also, is there any way to figure out if this happened before or after the current save, to hopefully determine when it happened?)

Is the surrounding woods burned down as well?

memnarch
2011-03-24, 08:33 PM
Wood completely burns away now. That bug was removed with version 1.2 I think.

Frankelshtein
2011-03-24, 08:45 PM
Is the surrounding woods burned down as well?

Yes, everything flammable is gone. Only the glass and stone components of my house remain. I'm forced to assume it was deliberate, as I'm hard pressed to think of any glitch that simply removes everything flammable.

They were really nice woods too... I expanded it from a small grove of trees myself...

memnarch
2011-03-24, 08:50 PM
Well, once scuzz gets the server back to mostly normal, I'll make a new forest for you.

Saposhiente
2011-03-24, 09:23 PM
After that, one thing you can do is place water sources in various places within the trees. When the area containing them burns, they will put out the fire with minimal damage. You can then restore the leaves using sapling->leaf rune

Maxios
2011-03-24, 09:24 PM
I found this cool new server: mc2.joe.to:25565

Frankelshtein
2011-03-24, 10:24 PM
Well, once scuzz gets the server back to mostly normal, I'll make a new forest for you.

Daww.... Thanks mem.

Although, I should mention that my forest was made entirely out of Gold and Diamond blocks... :smalltongue:

(Actually, would it be possible to be reimbursed with wood for my house? I used a lot, and it would be annoying to have to harvest more.)

Jayngfet
2011-03-24, 10:40 PM
...is there any reason I've been kicked from the server? I was on there like 3 times and spent the majority of that time in my mine.

thegurullamen
2011-03-24, 10:51 PM
My buildsite has been violated!....it makes me sad, because we were working on a temple.

Was that the weird plane of stone just a few blocks from spawn? Because if you're talking about the clay/wool obelisk thing, that was just me building a vantage point. I was going to take it down, but I forgot after a spider knocked me down and forced me to find cover. Sorry about that.

Saposhiente
2011-03-24, 11:12 PM
...is there any reason I've been kicked from the server? I was on there like 3 times and spent the majority of that time in my mine.

The whitelist was down earlier. Now it's up. Ask to be placed on it.
@v: Oh yea, that too

memnarch
2011-03-25, 12:13 AM
The whitelist was down earlier. Now it's up. Ask to be placed on it.

Better idea; put yourself on the "To be added" column on scuzz's spreadsheet and post here saying that you did so.

Lost Demiurge
2011-03-25, 09:59 AM
I can't get to the google doc right now, sadly. May I very politely ask to be added back to the whitelist?

Lady Tialait
2011-03-25, 10:37 AM
Was that the weird plane of stone just a few blocks from spawn? Because if you're talking about the clay/wool obelisk thing, that was just me building a vantage point. I was going to take it down, but I forgot after a spider knocked me down and forced me to find cover. Sorry about that.

The odd thing is annoying. But, the whole thing has been expanded beyond what it should be. If you needed a vantage point in the future use the torch/sand trick.

Gadora
2011-03-25, 04:35 PM
This might just be my favorite mob trap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi0Pkx30Nv4) that I've seen.

Ogremindes
2011-03-25, 04:44 PM
This might just be my favorite mob trap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi0Pkx30Nv4) that I've seen.

Oh, I see. That's pretty clever.

Scuzzball
2011-03-25, 04:51 PM

Cool as it is, it's not very automated.

Gadora
2011-03-25, 05:04 PM
Cool as it is, it's not very automated.

That's why I didn't call it a mob grinder.

Worira
2011-03-25, 05:26 PM
Hmm... I think that if I find a skeleton dungeon on my SP map, I'll see if I can make a more automated version of that.

conzom
2011-03-25, 08:09 PM
So i was wondering if the watch will be making another appearance since we have moved back to the original server?

Chas the mage
2011-03-25, 11:37 PM
I hope not.

Elm11
2011-03-26, 01:05 AM
Agreed. From what i heard it wasn't exactly a constructive influence on the society, and i get awfully touchy (Read:Stabby) when people start telling me what i can and cannot do without the authority to back it up.

Scuzz, did you reset the server? i've now got the gear i had yesterday, and to compound that all the work i've done in the last day or so has dissapeared. we running on an old backup?

EDIT: scratch that, this is at least two days old.

Uke Fox
2011-03-26, 12:27 PM
That trap is just... wonderful. o.o Easy way to get records, I guess! Also, no offense to them, but yeah, I hope the Watch don't come back. Max and co. already have their 'Guildocracy' thing going, anyway, right?

Chas the mage
2011-03-26, 12:51 PM
Yeah... In a completely unrelated note, I can't get on the server. That is all.

TheMagicalCake
2011-03-26, 01:12 PM
You might want this pluugin to stop greifers http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-worldguard-4-0-alpha1-area-protection-blacklist-anti-fire-5-0-further-news-inside.790/

It even makes it when creepers explode they dont destroy blocks (but still hurt you)

memnarch
2011-03-26, 01:14 PM
We would have that plugin, if the server was fully functional. If you check the spreadsheet with the whitelist, you'll see the list of plugins the server has or had, and the status of them.

Luzahn
2011-03-26, 01:41 PM
Who is in Max's "and co." anyway?

Scuzzball
2011-03-26, 03:01 PM
SERVER NOW WORKS!

Zeldageekfan and Maxono keep trying to log in, bur aren't on the whitelist. Anybody know them?

Mods are up.

Craftbook and Minecart mania are pending.

Sign Tutorial (http://ess.earth2me.com/index.php/Sign_Tutorial)

Do NOT use /setwarp and /sethome. They do not work. Try /home help and /warp help.
Also try /help. I think it [I]might/I] limit stuff by what you have access to.

Fan
2011-03-26, 04:37 PM
Er. Asking for me and my friend Jayng to be whitelisted...

Maxios
2011-03-26, 04:37 PM
Who is in Max's "and co." anyway?

Well, me
HeavensAngel (Constable)
Harlo (Thrustmaster)
Saposhiente (Corporal)
Grimlata (Corporal)
Memnarch (Honorary Member)
Dragon_Queen (Honorary Member)
Tialit (Honorary Member)

Qwertystop
2011-03-26, 04:46 PM
Are we using the Economy part of Essentials? That plus Buy, Sell, and Trade signs would be really useful for rare stuff. Also, which signs can normal people make? And commands?

zap1000x
2011-03-26, 04:48 PM
Can I get on the whitelist? I was on last night, but now it kicks me when I try to join, From the google-doc I should be on the whitelist...

So, this may be a server problem, but If not, I'd apreciate it.

P.S. I'm a friend of frankelshtein's.

Om
2011-03-26, 05:15 PM
Ugh. You know its time to leave town when a huge floating stone relief of an eagle appears outside your window

Edit: And really, who finds a large statue/tower in the middle of a sea and decides to vandalise it by building a strip of cobble up one side?

Uke Fox
2011-03-26, 05:23 PM
It works! Yay! I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check, but... is everything working? Also, how do we return to the other world? (And what happens to what was in our inventories in the other world, since we got our old inventories back?)

EDIT: You mean the Imperial Aquila over Spawntown?

Deme
2011-03-26, 05:42 PM
Ah, the server is un-borked... But now minecraft won't let me get on it without it crashing.

*sigh*

Om
2011-03-26, 06:57 PM
EDIT: You mean the Imperial Aquila over Spawntown?*Shrugs* If that's what you want to call it, yes. I've no problem with people indulging in a fondness for Romanov iconography but they should have the decency to install such giant artpieces outside the town. You know, where they're less likely to overshadow other buildings or turn a picturesque beach/lake into a major eyesore

Elm11
2011-03-26, 07:35 PM
To tell the truth, i love the Aquila in spawntown. I think it looks pretty awesome and adds to the magnominity of the view. Also, the beach hasn't looked too scenic since it got covered in teleport runes and someone set the forest on fire.

EDIT: Oh nuts, Om. I forgot to say. Last night i was looking around your tower in Spawntown, and i found a creeper at the very top of the water pillar. naturally, it exploded and made a mess of everything up there. I've patched it up, but poorly. If you need a hand, or want me to replace the damage, give me a yell and i'll put some time into it when i can. Sorry.

memnarch
2011-03-26, 07:59 PM
Eagle has been moved to 250 out along the north road.

Beach re-treed as well.

Scuzzball
2011-03-26, 10:34 PM
Can I get on the whitelist? I was on last night, but now it kicks me when I try to join, From the google-doc I should be on the whitelist...

So, this may be a server problem, but If not, I'd apreciate it.

P.S. I'm a friend of frankelshtein's.
What's your name? We've had to update the server whitelist a few times, sorry for having to do this.

Ugh. You know its time to leave town when a huge floating stone relief of an eagle appears outside your window
I was going to say that the owner asked me to move it, but it seems Mem already did:

Beach re-treed as well.

Also:

Craftbook?
MinecartMania?

Also:
I'm building a subway, that will work without mods. Everyone who would want you stuff to be connected please say so in the whitelist.

ALSO PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THE SORTING OF THE WHITELIST EVER. EVER.

zap1000x
2011-03-26, 11:21 PM
What's your name? We've had to update the server whitelist a few times, sorry for having to do this.

Also:
I'm building a subway, that will work without mods. Everyone who would want you stuff to be connected please say so in the whitelist.

Ok, so my name is zap1000x, just like the name on the forum

also, although I don't currently have a location, I'd want in on the subway eventually...depending on how you build it, i might just connect myself when I'm ready.

Prplcheez
2011-03-26, 11:24 PM
So I set off an explosion of upwards of probably 3-4 million TNT.

My computer died. :smallsigh:

EDIT: Minecraft keeps reaching and exceeding the memory allotted for it and closing.

memnarch
2011-03-26, 11:31 PM
So I set off an explosion of upwards of probably 3-4 million TNT.

My computer died. :smallsigh:

EDIT: Minecraft keeps reaching and exceeding the memory allotted for it and closing.

Yeah, i did something similar; crashed that world bad enough that it wouldn't open anymore.

Craftbook; nah, don't see it being used often.
Minecartmania; a good addition.

zap; added.

Prplcheez
2011-03-26, 11:54 PM
Yeah, i did something similar; crashed that world bad enough that it wouldn't open anymore.

I'm fairly sure that's what happened here. Pretty sad, I put about 20 hours into this world over the last week.

Also, this kind of thing proves that having infinite items is not always a good thing.

memnarch
2011-03-27, 12:53 AM
Heh, i should mention that i did manage to save the world; if you want i could try to do the same thing with your world.

Saposhiente
2011-03-27, 02:36 AM
Obligatory TNT song link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2rDbRUDkds)

Scuzzball
2011-03-27, 04:33 AM
Okay.
As I (Possibly?) said before, I'm making a universal Minecart Transport system.

To whoever made the USSNK, I'm borrowing some of your tunnels, Tunnel 1 in specific. I modified your exit 2 at spawntown to come out a bit closer to spawn, and come through a subway station.

Everyone Else, I need to know how many people want rails to their places. Everyone who wants a place give me a name and a direction from spawn. (North, North-East, etc.). I've made a place on the whitelist for this.

Elm11
2011-03-27, 05:08 AM
Ok, i've finally finished re renovating the place back to pre-rollback levels. i'll despair if we're hit by another one :smalltongue:

Om
2011-03-27, 08:00 AM
EDIT: Oh nuts, Om. I forgot to say. Last night i was looking around your tower in Spawntown, and i found a creeper at the very top of the water pillar. naturally, it exploded and made a mess of everything up there. I've patched it up, but poorly. If you need a hand, or want me to replace the damage, give me a yell and i'll put some time into it when i can. Sorry.No trouble. I'll look after it when I find time

Beach re-treed as wellCheers. I just wish that people would give some consideration as to how their constructions fit into the local area

Lost Demiurge
2011-03-27, 08:23 AM
Okay.

To whoever made the USSNK, I'm borrowing some of your tunnels, Tunnel 1 in specific. I modified your exit 2 at spawntown to come out a bit closer to spawn, and come through a subway station.

Everyone Else, I need to know how many people want rails to their places. Everyone who wants a place give me a name and a direction from spawn. (North, North-East, etc.). I've made a place on the whitelist for this.

I'll take rails to the hotels, sure. Call it a link to "Outremer", and it's about 700 and change North from the spawn.

Volthawk
2011-03-27, 08:33 AM
Okay.

Well, my place is already linked up to the existing rails from spawn (the one that ends at the top of that pillar in spawn. Is the new system going to be built off of that?

Uke Fox
2011-03-27, 10:59 AM
Instead of a direction, could we give co-ordinates? All I know is that Carpathia is really, really far from Spawntown. I'll give co-ords when I can get on Minecraft again (probably later today).

Deme
2011-03-27, 12:52 PM
I'd love a railway to RPtown, but I'm not entirely sure where it is relative to spawn. I need to get people interesting in that again.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-27, 02:10 PM
I'd love a railway to RPtown, but I'm not entirely sure where it is relative to spawn. I need to get people interesting in that again.

Oh all of the people there are quite interesting.

Om
2011-03-27, 02:26 PM
Also, the beach hasn't looked too scenic since it got covered in teleport runes and someone set the forest on fireI have started working on this. First step is to repopulate the beach with the sand that had been harvested from it and removing the more ugly patches of dirt/stone. This is the third time that I've had to do this since we moved to this world so a sign will definitely be going up reminding people not to harvest sand/wood in this spot. It would be nice to keep an area of natural beauty that is a) just off the centre of town, and b) right outside my window

Uke Fox
2011-03-27, 03:54 PM
Did the server refresh again? Because... when Scuzz first got it working, I was killdrowned by random lag, losing a lot of stacks of cobble, a gold sword (that was enchanted with Fire Sword), a diamond, lots of red wool, a bow, two stacks of arrows...

But the server went back before that, and I got all my stuff back! Apparently, anyway. I just logged on, and I'm back at the place where I died before the refresh (a random hole in the ground -.-), and I have nothing in my inventory. v.v

Also, Shovah tells me that somebody griefed my house/the rest of Carpathia. -.-

EDIT: Actually, I just discovered that we're in the Other World again. And I still have no inventory... DX My other world inventory was awesome, too... ._.

EDIT2: Whoops, okay... they're now linked, sweet. Still, inventory loss regardless. And griefing everywhere. -.-

EDIT3: Jeez, okay, this should be the last edit. >.>;

I can't get to Carpathia to check on it, but here's the things griefed that I know of at the minute -

Lava was stolen from the fire-arrow machine, as well as the four redstone torches and all of the redstone wire (about eight).

The chests have been looted, removing around seven iron blocks, three gold ingots, a stack of green wool, a block of Lapis, a single diamond, two iron picks, and other stuff that isn't important.

News - Checked on Carpathia.

Someone broke my ice ceiling, flooding my house. They also set off TNT in my storeroom, destroying the three chests that contained all my stuff, breaking the floor, and letting water flow into the lava, turning it into obsidian. This makes me cry. v.v

Fan
2011-03-27, 04:10 PM
Still Not White Listed.

Onore Scuzz Ball!

Scuzzball
2011-03-27, 04:11 PM
Cool.

Instead of a direction, could we give co-ordinates? All I know is that Carpathia is really, really far from Spawntown. I'll give co-ords when I can get on Minecraft again (probably later today).
How about you just tell me when you're there, and I can set up a marker on my minimap?

Well, my place is already linked up to the existing rails from spawn (the one that ends at the top of that pillar in spawn. Is the new system going to be built off of that?
I'm stealing pieces.

I'll take rails to the hotels, sure. Call it a link to "Outremer", and it's about 700 and change North from the spawn.
I can start that. Contact me when I'm online so you can help build it.

Note: I'm just doing the hub. I'm going to try not to do (much) of the long bits of rail. People need to do that themselves.

Did the server refresh again? Because... when Scuzz first got it working, I was killdrowned by random lag, losing a lot of stacks of cobble, a gold sword (that was enchanted with Fire Sword), a diamond, lots of red wool, a bow, two stacks of arrows...

But the server went back before that, and I got all my stuff back! Apparently, anyway. I just logged on, and I'm back at the place where I died before the refresh (a random hole in the ground -.-), and I have nothing in my inventory. v.v

Also, Shovah tells me that somebody griefed my house/the rest of Carpathia. -.-

EDIT: Actually, I just discovered that we're in the Other World again. And I still have no inventory... DX My other world inventory was awesome, too... ._.

EDIT2: Whoops, okay... they're now linked, sweet. Still, inventory loss regardless. And griefing everywhere. -.-
I'm now confused.

EDIT:

Still Not White Listed.

Onore Scuzz Ball!

Why is your name not on the "List of people who want on the whitelist" list on the whitelist? Put it there or here, preferably both.

Uke Fox
2011-03-27, 04:31 PM
Eh, somebody else called it "rollback". I dunno. Bottom line is that I lost two inventories worth of stuff.

I'm there now! Should I stand very still?